Space Mountain

pezgirlroy

Original Poster
So growing up I went to WDW a few times but have always been to chicken to do Space Mountain. I still am! We will be going in January with my 6 year old, husband and 10 month old. The 6 year old will be tall enough and wants to do it but my question is can she sit next to my husband (who isn't necessarily small) or would she have to be in the seat by herself. Just trying to prepare her. Thanks much. Also, what is a good activity to do right in that area with the 10 month old while they are on space mountain.

TDGMedley

She has to sit by herself. I cant remember but is either 3 or 4 single seats to a car. that are in a row. your husband will have to it in the seat behind her.

Weather_Lady

As TDG Medley said, it's 3 to a vehicle, single-file. Your daughter might feel most comfortable in the middle seat with her Dad behind her, able to talk to her and reassure her if needed - actually touching her will be tough, but she'll be able to hear his voice - and someone else in front of her (sitting in the very front of any ride vehicle, especially in the dark, can feel a bit vulnerable).

While they're on Space Mountain and you and your baby are looking for something to do, I suggest a relaxing and fun ride on the PeopleMover, or if you just want to sit somewhere in the air-conditioning and your 10-month old is able to handle a "show," the Carousel of Progress. If it's night time, the Incredibles dance party might be going on near the entrance/exit to Space Mountain, as well.

Last edited:

pezgirlroy

Original Poster
As TDG Medley said, it's 3 to a vehicle, single-file. Your daughter might feel most comfortable in the middle seat with her Dad behind her, able to talk to her and reassure her if needed, and someone else in front of her (sitting in the very front of any ride vehicle, especially in the dark, can feel a bit vulnerable).

While they're on Space Mountain and you and your baby are looking for something to do, I suggest a relaxing and fun ride on the PeopleMover, or if you just want to sit somewhere in the air-conditioning and your 10-month old is able to handle a "show," the Carousel of Progress. If it's night time, the Incredibles dance party might be going on near the entrance/exit to Space Mountain, as well.
Great suggestions. Thanks. Given that it will be January I am hoping heat won't be too much of a problem.

Courtney6682

I put my daughter ( when she was 3.5) in front of me on SM so I could have my hands on her shoulders, so she knew I was there...didn't matter, she loved it and has been an adrineline junkie ever since lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom