Space Mountain refurbishment begins April 19 2009

krankenstein

what would you guys (and girls) think/feel if they completely gutted space mountain, and made it a totally different ride?

Boo!! Hiss!!

Space is a classic that should be kept in tact to a certain extent. Nothing wrong with upgrades or banked turns and new track, but keep the basic layout the same.

Lee

Adventurer
what would you guys (and girls) think/feel if they completely gutted space mountain, and made it a totally different ride?

:sohappy:

Still a coaster...but better....stronger....faster....the Six Million Dollar Man of coasters?

I would :sohappy:

But....at this point...I'll take what I can get.:shrug:

[-Strife-]

Finally!

I knew this would happen eventually.

Now, hopefully if I'm right, they're refurbing it to be like the Space Mountain in Disneyland, California.

I was out there in 2006, and they had just refurbed their Space Mountain. The cars held...If I remember right... 6 people. 2 to each row.

It was completely dark of course, and it was in sync to some original music they created for the ride.

I think it was realllly fun. And although our space mountain is a classic, the California version was much more fun.

And it was a bit smoother, of course...because it was refurbed.

Hopefully this is exactly what they're doing to Our Space Mountain. =)

DisneyDellsDude

Great to hear they finally announced this thing!
10+ months would be great.
Hopefully with the open ended time frame, the war is still going on with WDI and MK Management. I know who I want to win.:animwink:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member

If it will be anything like this one...

c2ad2c61.jpg

... I'm down.

Lee

Adventurer
Hopefully with the open ended time frame, the war is still going on with WDI and MK Management.
Nah...that war is over, I do believe.
The open ended time is more due to allowing enough time to be sure everything get's done. The budget is set...they know what will be done.

culturenthrills

You know I would gladly except no changes to the Q and post show if we got the on board audio, reduction of light and new starfield projectors and effects. But I want a full blown rehab, not half-assed like POTC. After riding DL's our SM, even though it has a better layout, is a joke. Now after this we can get to JC and bring the Fantasyland dark rides up to the same level as DL I might feel a little better about the park but right now I only expect the worse thanks to our craptacular WDW management team.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom