Space Mountain Refurb?

YodaGirl

I'm sorta glad they're doing a refurb on it. Last time we rode it, it took forever for us to take off. I looked behind to where the command post is and they were all kind of walking around like they didn't know what was going on, then finally someone motioned for them to send us. The ride felt way rougher than usual...or it could've been my imagination.

At any rate, I've been scared to ride it and wasn't sure I wanted to ride it this time around. This time it'll be closed, but maybe I'll chance it and ride it next time.

I'm such a chicken! :lol:

jonnyc

I love Space Mountain as it is but o well lol.

14 Months? Blimey, wasn't it reported at 2-3 initially, or is my mind playing tricks on me?

Gatorboy

I hope all that marni1971 says happens. would also like replacing lift hill with a powered launch. would be more realistic

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I did. Still jet lagged :lol:

The date could slip a week or two either way, so don`t book anything specifically for the 9th.

The layout will be perfect when tweaked. Imagine todays track with totally smooth drops and climbs, with rengineered curves instead of the bone crunch you have today. All set to Incredibles style music.

I`m drooling already.

Did I mention during a 101 you can see the supports all marked with spray paint where they will be cut? Let me see...
you mean the, "I have to visit my doctor when i get home to realign my spine" turns.

But the bone crunch and "its about to fall apart" are what makes it fun!!
see above. :lol: the aftermath isnt. :D

....like this:
thanks for the pic. I was thinking I was going to have to flame you if you thru that teaser out there with no picture. :D

DisneyWales

Yeah we nickname it death mountain, coz you never know which turn my lead you to your death (bit morbid, but i have a twisted sense of humor).

Im torn, i want them to do a DLRP version of space, but then i also love the simple yet scary as hell version they have at WDW.

As long as it doesn't look so dated yet its still as crazy and fun as it is now ill be over the moon (no pun)

diddy_mouse

Hmm...interesting stuff!

I always look forward to Space Mtn. even though I tend to regret it later :lol: I also make sure that I don't have any hint of a headache prior to riding...because I'm pretty sure my head would explode during one of those whiplash turns.

Thanks, as always, for the info Martin!
:wave:

hokielutz

The date could slip a week or two either way, so don`t book anything specifically for the 9th.

Too late... Already booked and will be arriving on the 9th in the evening. I won't complain much if it does close on this rumored date, but I will hope that it is a couple days late in closing. Official announcement is probably not until October-November timeframe.

bama_c

Newbie here... Whew! I'm glad I'll be there in September to experience it one last time before the refurb. And this will be my mom's (61 y-o) first time at WDW. She needs to see the real SM. Thanks for all the great info. Not sure if I am happy or sad about the refurb, though.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Oh, be happy. The poor thing needs it. Just imagine what they did to the Haunted Mansion but done to the last E Ride in the MK that is stuck in the 70`s.

If all goes to plan it`ll be nothing short of fantastic.

brkgnews

Oh, be happy. The poor thing needs it. Just imagine what they did to the Haunted Mansion but done to the last E Ride in the MK that is stuck in the 70`s.

If all goes to plan it`ll be nothing short of fantastic.
Stuck in the 70s indeed. I hear tell that in the future, packages will be shipped by beams of light. :lol:

Actually, I think they should change that last-remaining sign "In the future, you may find yourself off-world" to "in the future, you may find youself at a chiropractor" :dazzle:

imagineer boy

Stuck in the 70s indeed. I hear tell that in the future, packages will be shipped by beams of light. :lol:

Actually, I think they should change that last-remaining sign "In the future, you may find yourself off-world" to "in the future, you may find youself at a chiropractor" :dazzle:

Or, "A new life awaits you at the off-world colonies." :lol:

yeti

The layout will be perfect when tweaked. Imagine todays track with totally smooth drops and climbs, with rengineered curves instead of the bone crunch you have today. All set to Incredibles style music.

I`m drooling already.

Did I mention during a 101 you can see the supports all marked with spray paint where they will be cut? Let me see...

So...here's assuming that Michael Giaccino is returning to compose the score?

EpcotServo

Things I need to see in a Space Mountain rehab.

-darker

-smoother (that one's a given.)

-The neat effect still in the queue.

-Disneyland's music

BONUS POINTS:

-A return of the "Music Makers" song!
:D

The Empress Lilly

I like it as it is. But it's overdue for a good overhaul. Here's hoping they'll get it right. SM is not a fast coaster, the roughness is what makes it exciting to me. If it's only smoothed out, it could turn into a pretty lame ride. Then again, if they do get it right, it could be really great!

Oh, and I don't care for music on coasters. To me, it only detracts from the experience.

Any word on the aftershow already?

xsupaxmanxsfnex

^I agree, I like the roughness of the coaster. It gives the feeling of being faster than it really is. Maybe it will still be good, we don't know exactly waht they will be doing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom