Space mountain is being repainted

roj2323

Original Poster
Relax its being repainted white.

image.jpg
image.jpg

You can see the very top section as well as the spires are about 10 shades lighter than the rest of the mountain.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Virtually the entirety of Tomorrowland has been repainted in the last month or so and it''s really looking great.

PREMiERdrum

This of course...Aaaannnd the one they tried and decided to say screw it you ain't getting it after we installed it..The TTA Light color change installation of 2009..

I'm sure there was a way to slow the transition which would make it a fun trippy ride...

..and the fact that those fixtures are still there, only pumping out static blended RGB white light is insulting. A slowly evolving color progression is well within these instruments' capabilities and would have added an incredible additional layer of dynamic motion to the already vibrant Tomorrowland lighting package.

Kman101

Have you been to the Magic Kingdom this year, Goofy? Have you personally seen Space Mountain? Sometimes SOME criticism IS valid. Not *everyone* is a nasty, critical doom and gloomer.

Goofyernmost

No. It's paint.
OK, I'm not there so I cannot be sure, but, since the time of day appears to be sunset, then the idea that the other places might be shading the remaining sunlight and the only place that it is actually hitting the Mountain would be the top. Happens in nature all the time. I will just assume that you have seen them out there painting, I haven't.

Lee

Adventurer
OK, I'm not there so I cannot be sure, but, since the time of day appears to be sunset, then the idea that the other places might be shading the remaining sunlight and the only place that it is actually hitting the Mountain would be the top. Happens in nature all the time. I will just assume that you have seen them out there painting, I haven't.
I'm not there, so I haven't seen painting going on.
But look at the two spires in the center, and compare to the ribs next to them. Two totally different colors, both getting the same sunlight.

And I asked someone who has indicated that they were painted.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom