Southwest vacations- has anyone ever booked a room and flight through them?

MattnMissouri

Original Poster
Need some help. I've been price comparing a room/flight cyber deal through southwest which is beating the bounce back offer I got for POFQ by about $150. Do I trust disney is giving me the best deal (bc I can pay the room only when we check in) or pay it all now? Thanks in advance for your advice!

BigTxEars

We did years ago (2009?) but stayed off property. Flight, room, car, tickets the whole 9 yards thru SW Airlines, no problems at all. But I am not sure how the price compared to doing that all separately.

dreamfinder

Disney has the posted rack room rates. If there are discounts that you are eligible for they don't need to tell you about them. If you do better than those rates, great, but they have no obligation to tell you about lower prices. Check out places like Mousesavers to see all known publicly available rates. Keep in mind that if you book through Southwest, they are then technically the owner of the reservation, so you may have to chase them down on the phone to give you the Disney reservation number for things like MDE and FP+.

We have booked through southwest a few times with no issues, usually room only on site or room with a rental car to visit family after our stay. I always book our flights first then start doing my homework on rooms, etc. Last year the prices for where we wanted to stay weren't competitive with southwest so I booked directly through Disney online. Sometimes I'll double check with a quote over the phone. It becomes more like a project than homework!

HollyAD

If it saves you money on a room then go for it. SW is reputable and trustworthy. I have booked with a third party before and had no issues. You will have to get the Disney confirmation number from SW to get your MDE to recognize the reservation. I have had good experiences with SW but have never done a package with them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom