SouthWest opened flights for Feb.

pixeemom

Original Poster
so sw just opened up flights for feb.
going down isn't so bad if you purchase the GETAWAY prices but coming home its close to 300.00 and change
wwyd?
how long would you wait before you purchase tickets?

LindsayLoves

going down isn't so bad if you purchase the GETAWAY prices but coming home its close to 300.00 and change
wwyd?

Can you change your return date by a day or two for cheaper airfare? Seeing that the race is at the end of a long holiday week in which many families take vacations to warm destinations (Florida) I really doubt the prices are going to drop that much because there is likely enough demand to keep them that high. I don't fly Southwest so I don't know how their pricing structure works, in my experience flights only go up in price, not down.

pixeemom

Original Poster
Can you change your return date by a day or two for cheaper airfare? Seeing that the race is at the end of a long holiday week in which many families take vacations to warm destinations (Florida) I really doubt the prices are going to drop that much because there is likely enough demand to keep them that high. I don't fly Southwest so I don't know how their pricing structure works, in my experience flights only go up in price, not down.
hmmm, good point, I will have to see, I also have to talk to my friend who is traveling with me to see what works for her to, thank you

Ariel484

Definitely sign up for their email list, they run sales often. Also...you COULD book and then if you see the price drop, cancel your flight and re-book to get a credit for the difference.

Southwest didn't work for my dates for January (the times just weren't what I was looking for)...I have flights booked for myself but not my husband for Marathon Weekend, so I'm waiting and watching to see if the prices will drop. :grumpy:

pixeemom

Original Poster
Definitely sign up for their email list, they run sales often. Also...you COULD book and then if you see the price drop, cancel your flight and re-book to get a credit for the difference.

Southwest didn't work for my dates for January (the times just weren't what I was looking for)...I have flights booked for myself but not my husband for Marathon Weekend, so I'm waiting and watching to see if the prices will drop. :grumpy:
thank you !!!

NYwdwfan

I think the credit is good for a year from the date you originally purchased the tickets.

COrunner

wwyd?
We just booked our SW tickets from Dayton - MCO for last week of January and it was $120 each way.

I would personally wait as a $300 return leg seems super spendy. Usually Southwest drops a deal/fare sale within about 90 days so you can always roll the dice. The problem I've seen is recently is they are doing more nonstops which fill up a lot quicker than the old way of multi stop flights that you could get cheaper.

Good luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom