Soundstage 4 Demo Watch Thread

djkidkaz

So are the buildings going to be demo'ed to make a wide entrance to the land or are they just going to be themed and you'll enter in that small pathway that is already between both buildings?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
For people like me that are not frequent visitors, can you explain what is the tour bridge and where is it located?

upload_2017-6-22_13-26-35.png

Goofyernmost

For people like me that are not frequent visitors, can you explain what is the tour bridge and where is it located?
When Disney/MGM first opened and for a few years after, there was a walking tour though the sound stages and prop rooms. It was elevated and went from building to building following a corridor from one to the other. The bridge was there to connect buildings that were separate from the others and got guests from one side to another without having to leave the complex. It hasn't been used for anything but storage for years and years. Since nothing else remains from those tours, I'm not sure what the purpose of the nostalgia really is. I went there for years and used that pathway but, with the rest removed it has no meaning at all and really didn't when I first went there. It was just a way to get from one building to another. Some are more nostalgic than others, I guess.

Castle Cake Apologist

When Disney/MGM first opened and for a few years after, there was a walking tour though the sound stages and prop rooms. It was elevated and went from building to building following a corridor from one to the other. The bridge was there to connect buildings that were separate from the others and got guests from one side to another without having to leave the complex. It hasn't been used for anything but storage for years and years. Since nothing else remains from those tours, I'm not sure what the purpose of the nostalgia really is. I went there for years and used that pathway but, with the rest removed it has no meaning at all and really didn't when I first went there. It was just a way to get from one building to another. Some are more nostalgic than others, I guess.

I think it's more a sense of nostalgia for what MGM once was. It's one remaining holdover from a better time with a lot of promise at the park.

Acidsplat

Probably nice memories of a nice park. That's what I have regarding it.

This tour corridor section has been virtually cut off for years. TSM severed one end, and the other access went when stage four was repurposed and the ramp was removed.
Not to encourage more "urban exploration" that has been happening with Wonders of Life, but it would still be fascinating to see inside before demolition. But I can't imagine there was anything left or any interesting remnants from the walking tour.

Goofyernmost

Not to encourage more "urban exploration" that has been happening with Wonders of Life, but it would still be fascinating to see inside before demolition. But I can't imagine there was anything left or any interesting remnants from the walking tour.
It's just a hallway. What it lead to was worthy perhaps of interest, but, the bridge itself was totally a utility like a stairway would be. The only stairway I have any memory of was the one I fell on and permanently caused damage to my leg. That one I'd sooner forget.

Goofyernmost

I think it's more a sense of nostalgia for what MGM once was. It's one remaining holdover from a better time with a lot of promise at the park.
Sure, but we have lost a lot more significant nostalgic things other then an elevated sidewalk. The Earfull Tower or Residential Street for example. It just seems a bit of a slender thread to hang an emotion on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom