Soundstage 4 Demo Watch Thread

P_Radden

Original Poster
This thread will serve as a place to discuss all work associated with the demolition of Sound-stage 4 for the new entrance to Toy Story Land. @danlb_2000 Have permits been filed for this work to begin in 2017? Also can anybody say to what extent the building is being demolished? Will the entire building including OMD and VotLM be brought down as well?
Cy4OLVoWIAEWmT6.jpg

EDIT: Per @marni1971 's drawing, OMD and VotLM bldg will remain:
marniTSL.jpg

Last edited:

P_Radden

Original Poster
Just soundstage 4 (which never was a soundstage) is planned to be removed.

Gotcha. Jack only.

The exhibit space of OMD is part of the original post production area.

Any idea what will happen to that space after OMD closes? Magic Feather mentioned there are occasional proposals for Mermaid... I wonder if they will just close/remove both attractions and combine those into one space for one new attraction.

doctornick

Any idea what will happen to that space after OMD closes?

To clarify, I don't think we have had confirmation of OMD closing. It's been rumored and was seemingly the active plan at one point, but I get the sense now that it is just SS 4 (old Jack Sparrow attraction) closing/being demolished and OMD and certainly Little Mermaid are going to exist -- though the buildings could be reused for different attractions (Mermaid in particular has been rumored for a replacement).

CJR

Great news! They could have kept it as is, because the width between Stage 4 and the restrooms across is about the same width as Pixar Place, I believe, but I love that they are widening it.

It's so congested over there and probably will be until SWL opens up to allow people out through the other side. Still, more walking space in this area is a good thing. Especially when you factor that the building being demolished served little purpose once the walking tour ended. No real loss, big gain.

P_Radden

Original Poster
Great news! They could have kept it as is, because the width between Stage 4 and the restrooms across is about the same width as Pixar Place, I believe, but I love that they are widening it.

It's so congested over there and probably will be until SWL opens up to allow people out through the other side. Still, more walking space in this area is a good thing. Especially when you factor that the building being demolished served little purpose once the walking tour ended. No real loss, big gain.
Good point about congestion. Until SWL is open, TSL is going to be another dead end like sunset & Muppets courtyard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom