Sorcerors hat

markymark

Firstly, just tp put things straight. She is actually talking to me! ;) I love the GMR but if it was replaced by something as good as Spiderman, well I guess that would be OK. BUT I would be so sorry to see the Oz section just vanish, that section always brings a smile to my face.

<SRH>

I do like the current ride, but I would not mind if they replaced it with a newer ride. They should leave the outside of the building though. Why would they demolish the whole building? The current building fits in with the street.

WeirdOne

Ok, Looks Like I Am Going To Have To Clean This Mess Up...

Ok, Looks Like I Am Going To Have To Clean This Mess Up...Shame On You People For Making It! Ok, the reason the hat was placed there is because it is a new landmark. THey want to get rid of GMR because Disney no longer wants a competeing movie studio to be sponsored at their parks. So they are taking the GMR out and putting the hat in. GMR will not be replaced, it will just be "Disneyized" and no longer feature MGM movies. Ok, now that this is straight can we talk better things about the hat? The WeirdOne :)

mickeyfan

I love the hat because I love Sorcerer Mickey!! (Big Mickey Fan if you can't tell already!);) Afterall, Mickey was Walt's creation and the Sorcerer hat fits in with the Fantasmic Show at the Studios. I love the GMR also and never miss it when we are there. I am with all of you, I hope they do not do away with it, but it seems like Disney truly believes in the saying "all good things must come to an end". Look at Horizons, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, The Timekeeper and so on.......! By the way, has anyone seen the "hidden Mr. Toad" on the Winnie the Pooh ride?:)

Kevin

Can anyone list all the movie scenes in the GMR in order and what studio they are from? I'm interested to know what scenes would need to be removed in their effort to move toward "Disney Studios" instead of "Disney-MGM Studios".

Also, a problem I have with them having only Disney movies in the GMR is that it isn't really a journey into the movies anymore if it is only a journey into Disney movies. Couldn't they rename the park the Disney Studios and still pay royalties to other studios to feature their movies too?

<SRH>

I do not think that Disney would remove the ride because of the MGM name thing. There are other movies represented in it other than MGM movies. I have read in a book that Disney gave their film lab business to MGM to ask for the right to license their name. Four months later they signed a deal for perpetual rights to much of MGM's library and its logo for a very small fee. I think they signed a one-time deal, I am not sure that they pay them royalties. I can understand Disney wanting to take the name off the park, because everyone does think and say MGM, but who cares if they take stuff out of the ride because of it. If it is a classic movie, what does it matter who made it?

<SRH>

Oh yea, I do like the hat. It looks better in person, but I agree it should be somewhere else in the park. Someone said by the Fantasmic Theater, that is a great idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom