Sorcerors hat

FutureImagineer

Original Poster
What are everyones views on the Sorcerors Hat in front of the GMR. Personally I love the GMR and if that attraction gets replaced it better be good and not another JIYI disaster.

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by FutureImagineer
What are everyones views on the Sorcerors Hat in front of the GMR. Personally I love the GMR and if that attraction gets replaced it better be good and not another JIYI disaster.

I love the hat... but I hate where it is. Blocking the GMR not only ruins the ride but ruins the "Movie-Studio" atmosphere which MGM portrays. I would think that Disney could have found a better place to stick the hat.

markymark

I'm with Future Imagineer and WDW-I on this one. Why on earth did they put it in front of GMR? I think the view of the Chinese Theatre was wonderful, and I can't understand why they have blocked it out.

Yes it is a great icon, but why there?

DisJosh

Re: Re: Sorcerors hat

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer

I love the hat... but I hate where it is. Blocking the GMR not only ruins the ride but ruins the "Movie-Studio" atmosphere which MGM portrays. I would think that Disney could have found a better place to stick the hat.

Yeah like the parking lot! I like the hat but just hate where it is! It ruins the giant hidden mickey too doesnt it? What this talk about replacing TGMR? Is this a rumor you heard? If that happens, the park will just be ruined for me!

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by DisJosh
Is the hat perminant or just there for the 100 YoM celebration?

Even though you posted this to get 200, I'll answer it anyway (so I can get closer in posts to marky!! ;) ). It is rumored that the hat will be a permanent structure & that the Great Movie Ride is going to be demolished with a new attraction put in its place (Villian's Ride...Spider-Man type-ride). But then again, it isn't exactly a permanent structure as the Epcot Sign is.... I wouldn't be surprised to see it be taken down eventually.

DisJosh

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer

Even though you posted this to get 200, I'll answer it anyway (so I can get closer in posts to marky!! ;) ). It is rumored that the hat will be a permanent structure & that the Great Movie Ride is going to be demolished with a new attraction put in its place (Villian's Ride...Spider-Man type-ride). But then again, it isn't exactly a permanent structure as the Epcot Sign is.... I wouldn't be surprised to see it be taken down eventually.

Noooooo! not the GMR!!! Dont those Disney people have a clue what that will do to me? I'll sink into a deep depression and burn all my mickey murchandise.....then when I come out of my dpression I will be lost and confused....and all sorts of bad things will happen! oK maby all that wont happen but i will be pretty ed off!

mej

I love the GMR too - we took my mum on it this year (it was her first trip to Florida) and she thought that it was all real and was starting to panic when the CM was "kidnapped"! The sorceror's hat is great but it definately isn't in the right place.

wdwmaniac

I think the hat cool but does take away from the great movie ride. Do you think they will replace the ride and this is just the start of the project?

Tink

I like the GMR as much as the next person (especially if I sit in the second car - gangsters are so much cooler than cowboys...) but it could use a little update. I mean they updated the "grand finale" but I think it needs something else...maybe? Like putting something else in "Alien" section perhaps? I definitely think it should remain and that it shouldn't be replaced with some giant eyesore of a ride that will completely ruin the whole theme of the park.

wdwcrazy

The GMR was originally planned for Epcot to go between the Land and the Living Seas. I also think it could use a little updating. Maybe just changing on scene would help out. I really don't want it to go!!

DisJosh

Maby an updated Fantasia scene would help......the current Fantasia scene is cheesy. I just hope the Wizard of Oz scene stays thats my fav.....the witch scares the crap outa me....I always think shes talkin to me when she says I'll get you my pretty(b/c i am very pretty....well rugedly handsome) and your little dog to......but then I realize it cant be me b/c I dont have a dog........duhhhh!

Tink

Me too, DisJosh! I always think she's talking to me cause I'm so pretty and all...but she was talking to you along. What a relief!:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom