Sonny Eclipse at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe

SoupBone

Sonny is always nice to see and keep kids occupied.

Unless you go at 3am on an EMH evening! We were sitting there and it was around 6 of us (no kids at the time). It's pretty creepy watching him sing to no one and talk like people were there to watch him, and add in our delirium from being there since the park opening that morning made it a pretty hilarious experience.

Plus, you ever watch his dangling legs? :hilarious:

Bolt

Is the guy that voiced him dead?
From the interwebs:

Singer and song-writer Kal David is the voice of Sonny Eclipse. In 2013, David was interviewed for The Tiara Talk Show about his vocal performance as Sonny Eclipse. During the interview, David stated he has never gotten a chance to see Sonny Eclipse perform live at Walt Disney World.

He is listed as still alive, but haven't checked on him today.

SoupBone

From the interwebs:

Singer and song-writer Kal David is the voice of Sonny Eclipse. In 2013, David was interviewed for The Tiara Talk Show about his vocal performance as Sonny Eclipse. During the interview, David stated he has never gotten a chance to see Sonny Eclipse perform live at Walt Disney World.

He is listed as still alive, but haven't checked on him today.

Ahh cool. The way he posted it made it seem like having him voice Sonny would have meant a new person or something like that.

Matt_Black

Ahh cool. The way he posted it made it seem like having him voice Sonny would have meant a new person or something like that.

I took the backlash comment more as people would be upset, as there's really nothing wrong with the vocals as is, in my opinion.

You have heard about the upcoming Sonny Eclipse movie starring Jack Black?

1062.gif

raymusiccity

Unless you go at 3am on an EMH evening! We were sitting there and it was around 6 of us (no kids at the time). It's pretty creepy watching him sing to no one and talk like people were there to watch him, and add in our delirium from being there since the park opening that morning made it a pretty hilarious experience.

Plus, you ever watch his dangling legs? :hilarious:

Why is it creepy that he was nice enough to sing to the 6 of you at 3:00am? ...He's like the light in your refrigerator, or, maybe that falling tree in the forest! If there's no one there, does he still sing?.....hmmmm.

SoupBone

Why is it creepy that he was nice enough to sing to the 6 of you at 3:00am? ...He's like the light in your refrigerator, or, maybe that falling tree in the forest! If there's no one there, does he still sing?.....hmmmm.

Haha, it was a pretty strange to be honest. I remember going to the restroom and everyone else had already left. It was just me and ole Sonny. Being in the same room alone with an audio-animatronic guy that is speaking to a packed room that doesn't exist is hilarious. And seriously, have you ever watched his feet? They never touch the ground and dangle there!

raymusiccity

Haha, it was a pretty strange to be honest. I remember going to the restroom and everyone else had already left. It was just me and ole Sonny. Being in the same room alone with an audio-animatronic guy that is speaking to a packed room that doesn't exist is hilarious. And seriously, have you ever watched his feet? They never touch the ground and dangle there!

Never noticed that before you mentioned it. Sonny must have difficulty tappin' his foot to the beat!
Maybe he's being refurbished with learning blocks!

image.jpg

Takeitforgranite

It wasn't until our 4th trip to WDW that we even went into the SC and saw Sonny. When we took our niece and nephew (9,12) last summer, we ate in there. They both thought it was "lame", but we love him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom