Something new coming to the West Side

TimeTrip

Have y'all ever had Burgerfi? Their breakfast burger is the bomb dot com. Also, garlic fries. :hungry: We recently had a few open in my area and they are delicious! Their atmosphere totally fits into the Disney Springs vibe, too.
Yep, I love the BAD burger. Plus the black + white shake. Great stuff. Though I would prefer a shake shack burger or five guys over a normal BurgerFi burger.

PuertoRekinSam

Five guy fries remind me of the "original thrashers" fries of Ocean City Maryland. As long as you are not ruining then by covering them with "sugar tomato sauce" they are amazing. A little vinager and old bay (I have to bring my own, but like Alton brown and the Nutmeg... I usually have a shaker of old bay near by)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Five guy fries remind me of the "original thrashers" fries of Ocean City Maryland. As long as you are not ruining then by covering them with "sugar tomato sauce" they are amazing. A little vinager and old bay (I have to bring my own, but like Alton brown and the Nutmeg... I usually have a shaker of old bay near by)
34216079.jpg

Rider

An update at Splitsville I hadn't heard about:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/ente...rings-splitsville-balcony-20170629-story.html

Splitsville Luxury Lanes, Disney Springs’ bowling alley/restaurant attraction, has enclosed its balcony space that overlooked the West Side neighborhood of the entertainment complex.

Turns out that Florida’s great outdoors wasn’t always so great for diners.

“We could only use it on days that weren’t too hot or days that weren’t too cold or on days that weren’t rainy,” says Ashley Evans, a Splitsville manager.

The changes include knocking down the outside/upstairs bar and its companion bar inside. The area was enclosed with floor-to-ceiling glass walls. Then, a larger bar was built in that space with eight new TVs, plus new furniture and carpet for the area, Evans says.

In the process, the 50,000-square-foot Splitsville gained more bar seating while maintaining about the same level of seats for dining, she says.

“It was such a great view, and we couldn’t utilize it because Florida weather is so unpredictable,” Evans says. “People come to Splitsville to escape the heat and to escape the rain.”

Customers are happy with the change, she says.

“People are loving it. Believe it or not, we do have a handful of regulars, even in a tourist area,” Evans says. “They’re loving the view. They never went up there before. … They always wanted to, but when it’s in the 90s, it’s not an ideal situation.”

danlb_2000

Premium Member
An update at Splitsville I hadn't heard about:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/ente...rings-splitsville-balcony-20170629-story.html

Splitsville Luxury Lanes, Disney Springs’ bowling alley/restaurant attraction, has enclosed its balcony space that overlooked the West Side neighborhood of the entertainment complex.

Turns out that Florida’s great outdoors wasn’t always so great for diners.

“We could only use it on days that weren’t too hot or days that weren’t too cold or on days that weren’t rainy,” says Ashley Evans, a Splitsville manager.

The changes include knocking down the outside/upstairs bar and its companion bar inside. The area was enclosed with floor-to-ceiling glass walls. Then, a larger bar was built in that space with eight new TVs, plus new furniture and carpet for the area, Evans says.

In the process, the 50,000-square-foot Splitsville gained more bar seating while maintaining about the same level of seats for dining, she says.

“It was such a great view, and we couldn’t utilize it because Florida weather is so unpredictable,” Evans says. “People come to Splitsville to escape the heat and to escape the rain.”

Customers are happy with the change, she says.

“People are loving it. Believe it or not, we do have a handful of regulars, even in a tourist area,” Evans says. “They’re loving the view. They never went up there before. … They always wanted to, but when it’s in the 90s, it’s not an ideal situation.”

Interesting. I wonder how things are working out with the other new Disney Springs locations that have outdoor seating.

djkidkaz

I'm a local and I agree its just too hot to sit outside for a large majority of the year. Even on days when its not humid and say 80 degrees which sounds perfect, just walking around in it with the sun hitting you it wears on you and you just want to sit inside somewhere and cool down.

Obviously we are seeing something similar at Cosmic Rays.

Kman101

I'm a local and I agree its just too hot to sit outside for a large majority of the year. Even on days when its not humid and say 80 degrees which sounds perfect, just walking around in it with the sun hitting you it wears on you and you just want to sit inside somewhere and cool down.

Obviously we are seeing something similar at Cosmic Rays.

Very true. While it's nice in theory to have outdoor seating, the humidity can often be awful to be in. There are certain times of the year it's nice and I like the IDEA of sitting outside but it's often not feasible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom