Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEANYLASER

Well... If it's between ToT or Energy being placed on GotG's sacrificial altar, then goodbye Energy. We had some good times. But goodbye.

I would have greatly preferred to see Inside Out or Big Hero 6 in Future World, but I'll try my best to curb my knee-jerk reaction to this news and wait until we have more details on the actual content of these new attractions/updates.
I would like to more details about the Guardians of the Galaxy ride. And who said Energy is getting a GotG overhaul, green lit.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
They should just demo the building thats in between ellen and mission space instead close down a ride
That's the Wonders of Life Pavilion. It's on the table too to be used. I think based on what @marni1971 posted recently there would be some pretty large money needed to fix up Energy to keep it as is so they probably decided to save the money on an overhaul and add GoTG there instead.

clemmo

They should just demo the building thats in between ellen and mission space instead close down a ride

That's the Wonders of Life Pavilion. It's on the table too to be used. I think based on what @marni1971 posted recently there would be some pretty large money needed to fix up Energy to keep it as is so they probably decided to save the money on an overhaul and add GoTG there instead.
I believe WOL was deemed to be part of GOTG phase 2 should that be approved. The building would be demoed in that case.

Suspirian

I think Dinosaur is a good template, you have a thrill ride, an educational queue line, and a broadly educating experience, but it's not at all in your face... nobody says 'I don't want to be lectured about carnosaurs!' when they leave it, but they might come away thinking about more about the experience of extinction... that's the level of subtlety they need with Energy.

This is probably the best option if they wanted to continue the educational route.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Phase one should be wol I would rather not see a ride close when there's enough abandon space
We lose the ride either way unless they want to spend the money to keep Energy running. If they use WOL instead, the Energy pavilion would probably sit vacant waiting for phase 2.
As I understand it Energy is deemed to need it more. I dare say it is ride system or major show element related. Massive show doors failing, AAs failing, ride vehicle issues - it needs serious investment again. I assume those in charge see this as the best way under Chapek. And what is proposed is serious investment.

Mike S

I think Dinosaur is a good template, you have a thrill ride, an educational queue line, and a broadly educating experience, but it's not at all in your face... nobody says 'I don't want to be lectured about carnosaurs!' when they leave it, but they might come away thinking about more about the experience of extinction... that's the level of subtlety they need with Energy.
So what, the plot revolves around bad guys trying to steal some kind of futuristic looking energy source that in actuality is not so sci-fi and is something that's a real possibility in our own society and the queue is all about what it is, a little of how it works, etc. until we get to the point where the Guardians come in and we load up to join them?

In this scenario the "teachers" would be the Xandarians where it would be in character.

SpaceMountain77

This board is full of people who became full on EPCOT Center devotees as children, so the idea that kids were bored before Nemo turned Seabase into sushi and Horizons was flattened has been well and truly discredited.

EPCOT Center directly inspired my interest in community-based learning and, specifically, themed entertainment environments such as aquariums, museums, and zoos. EPCOT Center is the reason why I pursued a Ph.D. in psychology and attractions, like Circle of Life and Living with the Land, continue to inspire my interest in audience research and evaluation.

Now, if only I can land a position within Disney's educational division . . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom