Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herah

Wait. Did every pavilion have an E ticket? I thought only Horizons has departed with WoL pavilion too? I think I'm just misinterpreting your post, because what you're describing sounds incredible.
Every pavilion that had a ride, so not quite the numbers you're thinking. And some rides that still exist are no longer E-tickets, like Energy Horizons, World of Motion, Body Wars are gone (and the Hydrolators).

HMF

I'd have to disagree to a certain extent, it was sponsored by an energy company and the narrative was pretty biased from the beginning in favor of said energy company, so I don't think the topic alone is a reason why they want to ax it. I would suggest its because its very out dated, and not to stir the pot again but children these days just don't have the capacity to sit on a 45 minute attraction, even if it has dinosaurs.
The runtime could have been cut down considerably without sacrificing the essence. Also, I think it's better without ExxonMobil given the current circumstances. I don't even necessarily dis-agree with replacing it as long as the replacement is worthy of Epcot of which Guardians is not. I do think the original UoE combined with Symbiosis is where most of the "Boring" accusations that hurt the park may have originated.

HauntedMansionFLA

Not really.

Unless you wanted to cut 50% of the ride capacity.
I'm starting to get a bit confused with this project. 1. Are they using the existing pavilion as a 45 minute queue for the GotG or whatever IP is going in there 2. The back part of the pavilion will be the roller coaster? They need the capacity.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm starting to get a bit confused with this project. 1. Are they using the existing pavilion as a 45 minute queue for the GotG or whatever IP is going in there 2. The back part of the pavilion will be the roller coaster? They need the capacity.
The plan is to gut and use the existing building as queue, preshow, load, unload and exit. The main ride will be in the not yet built building.

Mike S

Send them to Test Track then. They can wait in line for 45 minutes.
hqdefault.jpg

TabulaRasa

The plan is to gut and use the existing building as queue, preshow, load, unload and exit. The main ride will be in the not yet built building.
I've heard through a grapevine that this may be themed to Big Hero 6 instead. Is there any truth to that? Or just armchair imagineering?

The_Bellringer

I'm sorry but this ride needs to go. It's HORRIBLY outdated. I mean how is it supposed to be educational if so much has changed since it opened?

Either update the ride or replace it.

Also, it's hilarious that on the WDW website the only images of the ride shown are of the dinosaurs. Probably because Ellen looks nothing like she does now.

HMF

He his apparently not a fan of Joe playing in his sandbox.
That's good news. As much as I have trashed Fitzgerald in the past. The Park does need a single visionary leader much like Joe used to be (arguably still is) with Animal Kingdom which is why Future World hasn't really gelled in years. Too many cooks in the kitchen.

peter11435

That's good news. As much as I have trashed Fitzgerald in the past. The Park does need a single visionary leader much like Joe used to be (arguably still is) with Animal Kingdom which is why Future World hasn't really gelled in years. Too many cooks in the kitchen.
Joe still is. No argument.

HMF

Joe still is. No argument.
He should have fought Tom Staggs and not been forced to work with James Cameron IMHO. We should be celebrating the opening of Beastly Kingdom right now, not Pandora. I will be shocked if the Avatar theme lasts 20 years. Uni is looking at axing Dueling Dragons/Dragon Challenge anyway so the obvious resemblance won't be a factor anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom