Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

HMF

Yeah, it's disheartening. The proposed Big Bang centric cancelled refurb would work well with a launch coaster, for example. I wonder what replacement IP would fit this specifically planned coaster.
I am hoping none and an original concept but that is what I want and what I want and what Chapek wants are usually polar-opposite things.

HMF

Yeah, it's disheartening. The proposed Big Bang centric cancelled refurb would work well with a launch coaster, for example. I wonder what replacement IP would fit this specifically planned coaster.
There would have been issues with that too since apparently we are now living in a country where scientific facts are given the same weight as personal opinions.

clemmo

Yes. As has (I think) been stated before, but if it hasn't, it is a connector ala RnRC to a new Showbuilding, alongside the new showbuilding. This is for Energy's replacement, although, whether it will be GotG remains to be determined.
Isn't it unusual that they'd start work on expanding the show building without having a solid replacement plan yet?

Mike S

Yeah, I would never compare TSL to a Six Flags park ... Dinorama, yes. But Universal also has a bunch of carnival games all over the place as well.
I hate that at Toon Lagoon but it works right outside the Simpsons ride where it's "Krusty Land." That should be the only spot for them imo.
People love to overlook universals cheapness, Disney gets held to a much higher standard then universal does.
Disney used to hold itself to that standard.
People also love to try to compare Disney to another brand as opposed to comparing it to itself.
This ^
That's mostly because Universal had a reputation for being relatively cheap, Disney didn't.
And now they're getting away from that bit by bit.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They are not starting work on expanding the show building.

Isn't it just prep work behind UoE? Meaning that they're just readying the area, but not not necessarily building a showbuilding or expanding, and it could sit untouched for years and years ...

My bad I think I interpreted @Magic Feather post wrong

The permit is to prepare the land for a proposed new show building. A plan exists to link this to the existing Energy pavilion via an enclosed connector structure.

peter11435

I don't care for anyone in that boat to throw around "just get another job" rhetoric because it's an unthought out statement born of easy answer ignorance.

Saying that employers should be responsible for paying unskilled entry level positions enough to cover all of ones living expenses and sometimes those of an entire family is an "unthought out statement born of easy answer ignorance." You know how much a job pays when you take it. It's your responsibility to find a way to support yourself, not the responsibility of your employer. I get that working for Disney made you anger and bitter towards them and I don't honestly blame you. But nobody should expect to serve fries at a fast food restaurant or park strollers and turn that into a career capable of supporting themselves.

ToTBellHop

I'd like them to reuse the dinosaur section. Move it to Dinosaur or the Railroad at MK ... but they probably won't do either.
I don't believe specifics are determined, but I've heard mention of the railroad for additions leading up to the 50th. No idea if these dinos would be considered. I'd imagine the mechanics of the AAs will end up somewhere. Why chuck them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom