1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Something coming to the Energy Pavilion? GOTG?

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by davis_unoxx, Jun 29, 2016.

1. jaxonp

jaxonp Well-Known Member

This ride system seems terrifying to manage with the massive amount of body types wdw gets.

2. marni1971

marni1971 WDW History nut Premium Member

I'll add so far it's only been fan discussion and conjecture suggesting this is the ride system.

Everything I've seen so far says it's a traditional system.

3. jaxonp

jaxonp Well-Known Member

I honestly can't imagine disney pushing the boundaries of a roller coaster ride system. It's been years since they've done so... as in like the Matterhorn.

4. MichWolv

MichWolv Born Modest. Wore Off. Premium Member

If you literally mean "first" as the only thing that qualifies as pushing the boundaries, perhaps it's been that long. But Space Mountain was one of the first indoor coasters (and the first of its size). California Screamin was an early (but not first) LIM Launch. RnRC was the first real coaster with an LSM launch (a couple coasters that just launched straight up towers used it before). Everest was one of the first to have a switch for a reverse section. And 7DMT is certainly one of the few with cars that rock.

5. jaxonp

jaxonp Well-Known Member

Space Moutain is an updated version of the Matterhorn. LIMs had been out for years and Intamin had been building coaster far superior to what they built for Disney at DCA. RcRc was a copy of vekoma rides already installed elsewhere... 7dmt rocking is not a game changer. Sorry but Disney does not rule the coaster game. They can theme the hell out of them but they aren't pushing the boundaries of coaster world and they never will,

6. marni1971

Not any more anyway;

Space Mountain WDW - first fully enclosed coaster. First fully computerised ride system.

Casey Jr DLP - first onboard sync digital audio

Space Mountain DLP - first inclined launch

7. MisterPenguin

MisterPenguin Premium Member

You mean the one I referenced yesterday?: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...gy-pavilion-gotg.915061/page-267#post-7619657 :D

Oh. I thought you've been hinting that GotG is delayed a bit because they're trying something cutting edge? Or did I misremember that?

8. marni1971

9. njDizFan

njDizFan Well-Known Member

If you were under the assumption that I believe TWDC does not have the money to do these expansions that would be incorrect. Thanks to @ParentsOf4 graphs and SEC filings we know that is not the case. From what I gather the proposed spending would be a leap forward but not nearly touching the percentage of revenue used at the openings of additional gates. And it is actually closely resembles spending done consistently in years prior to the Iger regime. I just don't see them doing it to the grand level we are hoping for.

ParentsOf4 likes this.
  10. montyz81

montyz81 Well-Known Member

I had read or heard somewhere that the Matterhorn was the first steel tube type roller coaster. Is that true?

Rteetz, Mike S and dreamscometrue like this.
  11. marni1971

I believe so.

EricsBiscuit, PorterRedkey and Rteetz like this.
  12. lazyboy97o

lazyboy97o Well-Known Member

As I've said previously, the Vekoma prototype is being developed as a new product. It is not being pushed by Disney. Anyone can buy one if they want one.

13. MansionButler84

MansionButler84 Well-Known Member

We are reminded every time we board Magical Express that Mine Train is the first coaster with individually swaying cars!

Rteetz, jaxonp and dreamscometrue like this.
  14. gljvd

gljvd Active Member

They need rides that get people into the front of the park. I think the countries are fine and if they add 1 or 2 more countries that's great but its not really needed . The major issue is there is nothing to do. You go in and go on soaring and maybe test track those are the two rides. Figment is horrible (and he is my fav and deserves better) nemo is okay . You can completely skip the other side of epcot with the exception of test track. The ellen ride has been out dated for two decades and why waste time on it when you can go on a better dino ride at AK . Then you have that mission to mars with horribly outdated graphics. They need to give that an over haul . I'd say go VR for that and get CIG to make the cut scenes from it using their game . I mean get them to use this engine , record a demo loop put it in VR and use the simulation hardware they already put you in. You get an amazing rehab on a ride that is lack luster. The problem is that ride is going to sit there for another decade.

For a lot of people you go to Hollywood studios in the morning , knock it all out and go to epcot by 2 pm and spend time in the countries.

15. lazyboy97o

lazyboy97o Well-Known Member

If you ignore those ones that Arrow built a few decades ago that swing a lot more.

Marc Davis Fan likes this.
  16. PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum Well-Known Member

Exactly... The Bat (I), Iron Dragon, The Bat (II), XLR8, Ninja, and friends would like to have a word.

michmousefan and Marc Davis Fan like this.
  17. rioriz

rioriz Well-Known Member

Few pages back you mentioned trying to fit cutting edge technology into the existing infrastructure was holding things up....if so then it can't be that basic of a coaster and there has to be something that will set this coaster apart from RnRC....

Know you may not be able to say but just a asking....

18. RSoxNo1

RSoxNo1 Well-Known Member

Rats are flying off the track?

19. RSoxNo1

RSoxNo1 Well-Known Member

Many Future World attractions look/looked at the past, present and future.

PorterRedkey and Mike S like this.
  20. HMF

HMF Well-Known Member

I thought the thinking fans were no longer welcome at Epcot.

willtravel and RSoxNo1 like this.