Someone is Selling Restaurant Reservations....

JourneysEnd

WDW Tools ADR Sniper is refusing to issue refunds to customers even though the finder is not working anymore. It is my understanding that all these other companies issued refunds. They are stating that

"We are pursuing every avenue we have to restore this functionality. As we have not yet exhausted every plausible avenue, we are not ready to declare these functions totally out of commission, and we are not ready to address the issue of refunds and/or credits. It's important that we retain confidentiality around these prospective avenues, so unfortunately, we can't go into more detail now. We hope to have more detailed information shortly."
Wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a refund.

asianway

WDW Tools ADR Sniper is refusing to issue refunds to customers even though the finder is not working anymore. It is my understanding that all these other companies issued refunds. They are stating that

"We are pursuing every avenue we have to restore this functionality. As we have not yet exhausted every plausible avenue, we are not ready to declare these functions totally out of commission, and we are not ready to address the issue of refunds and/or credits. It's important that we retain confidentiality around these prospective avenues, so unfortunately, we can't go into more detail now. We hope to have more detailed information shortly."
My first temptation is to do my best Nelson impersonation, but since these guys are dirty...just call your credit card company and dispute the charge - you should get it right back.

jlsHouston

I wish I could run a query for OHANA. I been searching almost hourly for days now both from the app and on the desktop for 3 specific dates and it just ain't there.....:banghead:

thomas998

Anyone know if Disney is trying to stop the reservation sales by questioning the people with reservations? I only ask because during our trip 2 weeks ago every time I we would go to one of the places with a reservation they would start in asking question that made no sense... Like what resort are you staying at? Which after the 3rd time I started getting annoyed because the 4th time I simply said I'm pretty sure you computer has all the information about me already since we're using magic bands... It just seemed odd as if they were trying to find someone that wouldn't know the right answer or something.

The questions about whether or not you are staying on property, which resort you are at, etc, are simply survey questions. They don't have anything to do with reservation sales.

JourneysEnd

Anyone know if Disney is trying to stop the reservation sales by questioning the people with reservations? I only ask because during our trip 2 weeks ago every time I we would go to one of the places with a reservation they would start in asking question that made no sense... Like what resort are you staying at? Which after the 3rd time I started getting annoyed because the 4th time I simply said I'm pretty sure you computer has all the information about me already since we're using magic bands... It just seemed odd as if they were trying to find someone that wouldn't know the right answer or something.
Strange. I could understand if they hadn't shut the services down. Wonder what's up.

thomas998

The questions about whether or not you are staying on property, which resort you are at, etc, are simply survey questions. They don't have anything to do with reservation sales.
But since their computer system has your reservation for dining, and your hotel reservation along with what tickets you bought along with your fastpasses already link there is no reason it makes any sense to ask a survey question when you already know the answer.

When you check in to your dining reservation, they do not see what resort you are staying at. Just because Disney as a whole has all of that information does not mean that every time do you go anywhere or talk to anyone they can immediately see all the details you have on your MDE. They may be able to look it up but they aren't just provided with the info. I'm not even sure if the restaurants are able to look it up. I do know those questions are for survey purposes as I have asked at several different restaurants the first trip I started being asked those questions and they all said so.

If memory serves me right, they ask if you are staying on property, which resort, if all the members of your party are with you, and if you will be using the DDP.

MissingDisney

But since their computer system has your reservation for dining, and your hotel reservation along with what tickets you bought along with your fastpasses already link there is no reason it makes any sense to ask a survey question when you already know the answer.
The dining reservations are on a totally different system than resort reservations. That's why if you cancel your resort/package reservation, you need to cancel your dining reservations separately or you'll be charged no-show fees.

thomas998

The dining reservations are on a totally different system than resort reservations. That's why if you cancel your resort/package reservation, you need to cancel your dining reservations separately or you'll be charged no-show fees.
I don't buy that at all. When I log into my Disney account I have an option to print my itinerary and it will give me everything including where i am staying an where i am eating, so all of it is linked by Disney. If you need to cancel everything separately then I am more inclined to believe it is because Disney either knows a visitor can still go to Disney but simply decide to stay somewhere else or because they hope the visitor will forget to cancel the reservations and they can still get the money for it, but to say they aren't already linked in a computer owned by Disney makes no sense.

danyoung56

Why do you think that all of this information is available to everyone working for Disney? At the restaurants they show a name and party size - that's it. If they want to gather resort information for survey purposes, technically Disney CAN change their system to give the restaurant folks access to this info. But currently they DON'T have this access, so they ask the questions for their survey. Nothing weird or tricky about this.

MickeyMomV

If memory serves me right, they ask if you are staying on property, which resort, if all the members of your party are with you, and if you will be using the DDP.

You are correct. We have been using the DDP for about 15 years and these are the same questions they have always asked.

but to say they aren't already linked in a computer owned by Disney makes no sense.

I don't think anybody has said that they are not hooked up to a computer that is owned by Disney. People have just said that they don't have access to your resort information. For security reasons this makes perfect sense. All they need is for a dishonest greeter to text a friend and say John Smith just sat down at a table and will be here for an hour and half, they are in room #1234 at the GF. And that is how things come up missing.......

thomas998

You are correct. We have been using the DDP for about 15 years and these are the same questions they have always asked.

I don't think anybody has said that they are not hooked up to a computer that is owned by Disney. People have just said that they don't have access to your resort information. For security reasons this makes perfect sense. All they need is for a dishonest greeter to text a friend and say John Smith just sat down at a table and will be here for an hour and half, they are in room #1234 at the GF. And that is how things come up missing.......

What you have had are some people claiming that it is just a survey question and that the CM has told them as much when they asked why they were asking.... I just don't buy it as a survey question because a Disney computer already has the reservations for dinner and resorts connected so if it is a survey it makes no sense. When you do a survey you are looking for information you don't already have not information you already have.

Tom P.

What you have had are some people claiming that it is just a survey question and that the CM has told them as much when they asked why they were asking.... I just don't buy it as a survey question because a Disney computer already has the reservations for dinner and resorts connected so if it is a survey it makes no sense. When you do a survey you are looking for information you don't already have not information you already have.
You're making assumptions here. You don't have to be staying at a Disney resort to make dining reservations. You don't have to scan your Magic Band when you check in for a dining reservation. The only time your Magic Band would even come into play during dining is if you use it to pay, which is at the end of your meal. So, no, when you say "I'm John Smith and I have a reservation," there's no way they can tell from that if you're staying on property or not.

MickeyMomV

When we were there last month my DH was trying to change a time of a lunch reservation the next day and for whatever reason his MDE account would not let him change it. I logged into my account and made the reservation. The two MDE accounts are NOT linked. My account has no resort information on it, everything is under my husbands sign on. If they didn't ask me when we checked in they would have no idea that we were resort guests.

From a management point of view it is easier to train everybody to ask the same questions and enter it in than it is to pick and choose who gets asked. In the end its only 20 seconds worth of questions...

Dining and resort reservations -are- on completely different systems. Regardless, the survey questions are very innocent and serve at least two purposes. The first is to get a handle on how many guests will be using the DDP for a variety of restaurant specific reasons. The second is to compare specifically what % of guests at the restaurant are staying on vs. off property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom