Someone is Selling Restaurant Reservations....

docdebbi

am i the only one noticing that disney dining buddy, the one that doesn't actually MAKE the reservations just notifies you, is the one shutting down, but the unnamed guy who IS making the reservations is not??!!

also, the article states that anyone with reservations is being notified by disney dining buddy, and their fee returned. i made reservations with their help. they simply notified me and reservation is in my name, disney doesn't know they found it for me. so......why would they have to notify me? I'm guessing, they mean that anyone with a current search underway.

Kate Alan

am i the only one noticing that disney dining buddy, the one that doesn't actually MAKE the reservations just notifies you, is the one shutting down, but the unnamed guy who IS making the reservations is not??!!

also, the article states that anyone with reservations is being notified by disney dining buddy, and their fee returned. i made reservations with their help. they simply notified me and reservation is in my name, disney doesn't know they found it for me. so......why would they have to notify me? I'm guessing, they mean that anyone with a current search underway.

Yea, I have to say that while I understand shutting down DDB is the right thing to do especially if they violated the TOS of the website by running scripts to find reservations, the other site(s) actually holding and selling reservations via fake MDE accounts is a bigger issue. We'll just have to wait and see if/how it plays out with other sites. I can't imagine DDB is the only one being dinged for this. Just the only one who has responded/addressed it at this time.

And I agree, I believe they are referring to those with current outstanding searches in regards to refunds.

lunchbox1175

The article made it seem very non-confrontational, I am wondering if Disney went to them and said, we don't like what you are doing, we understand that you are doing it in a somewhat professional manner, but we would like you to stop because we are going to aggressively go after the other organizations that are doing it in a non professional manner.

asianway

The article made it seem very non-confrontational, I am wondering if Disney went to them and said, we don't like what you are doing, we understand that you are doing it in a somewhat professional manner, but we would like you to stop because we are going to aggressively go after the other organizations that are doing it in a non professional manner.
There's nothing non-confrontational about a C&D

Disvillain63

DIS dining agent has posted
9/24 Update - We are aware of similar sites being asked to halt or alter their services by Disney. At this time, DDA has received no contact from Disney. Should we hear from them at any time, we will happily oblige any request they make and we will keep you updated should any developments happen.

bjb1124

Word on DDA site:

Dis Dining Agent
Opening Soon
We have received word from Disney and are altering our service to meet their requests. DDA will be back next week. Anyone who has a pending transaction will receive an email on Monday. Our clients have been great and we appreciate the opportunity to have served you. We look forward to serving you in the future. More information will be available on Monday. Follow us on Twitter for updates - @DisDiningAgent **Dine In Style*** DiS Dining.

HolleBolleGijs

Word on DDA site:

Dis Dining Agent
Opening Soon
We have received word from Disney and are altering our service to meet their requests. DDA will be back next week. Anyone who has a pending transaction will receive an email on Monday. Our clients have been great and we appreciate the opportunity to have served you. We look forward to serving you in the future. More information will be available on Monday. Follow us on Twitter for updates - @DisDiningAgent **Dine In Style*** DiS Dining.
I'm curious about how their service is going to change. I don't see any way they can stay in business doing anything remotely similar to what they're doing now.

Also, side note - having just downloaded the MD app (Yay non-Windows phones!), I've just discovered the ability to make two reservations for the exact same time. I already had an 8:10am ADR at BoG that was made on the website. I went to check for an 8am one, and it let me book ANOTHER 8:10am ADR for the same day. Basically the Android app doesn't warn you if you have a conflicting reservation and just lets you go ahead and book it, unlike the website. (Don't worry, I cancelled the duplicate.) Basically this means it's easier for places like DDA to stock up on ressies.

JourneysEnd

Interesting to see how they're going to make this "Disney approved"
I'd be more inclined to use their service knowing Disney doesn't have a problem with them. Before, no way!

mousehockey37

Dis Dining Agent's Twitter page reads they'll be back up tomorrow. We'll see.

They say they'll be back up with regards to the request from Disney. So, yes, we'll see.

Dis Dining Scout is still up and it looks like they're getting overloaded, according to comments on their fb page, their server keeps crashing due to load...

JillC LI

At the moment you don't have to have ID to have an ADR, and not all guests with ADRs stay on property so don't need a band

Forget Magic Bands or even ID. Just require that the same credit card used to book the ADR is shown upon arrival. That's what I did to pick up my fandango movie tickets the other night. And I've seen it required at concerts. No way to transfer credit cards. In the rare instance a credit card is cancelled in the interim, I'm sure acceptable proof can be found.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
We're talking about finding ways to beat the companys that snap up ADRs - not paying for meals.

Anyway, they might give them cash, or Disney Dollars or any other form of gift certificate for their anniversary to pay for the meal
I get that, but if a son or daughter wants to pay, why don't you make the reservation and hold it with your CC, and then they can give you whatever payment method they wish. There are a lot of places that require the original CC to pick up tickets ordered on-line, and I can see Disney requiring that in the future. Kills the companies that make actual reservations to sell, since the person won't have the original card. Of course, one can always lie and state that the card was replaced by the CC company with a new one, but we are getting into integrity there, and way too many people nowadays have little to no integrity at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom