Some Updates from the DCL Fantasy ...

atrus79

Original Poster
Hey everyone,

I just got back from an Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Disney Fantasy. I have to go through my photos and the like over the next few days, but there were a couple things that I saw that might interest people ... so here we go!

- The first day of the cruise was also the first day that they began taking AquaDuck pictures! That's right, now you can get your photo taken right after the second dip on the first straightaway. No need for your KTTW card ... the software uses facial recognition to match the photos to the person. At this point they are only available in shutters digital ... they are not printed out.

- On the second night of the Halloween Tree event, the narrator (?) who comes out and tells the story about the tree ended up in a predicament. She asked the crowd to help turn on the tree by saying a phrase ... alas the tree did not respond. You could see the panic in her face, but she worked to save it by saying 'maybe he didn't hear us' ... we tried again and nothing. Even Peter Pan, who was roaming the 5th deck meeting families, got into the game, running to the railing and telling everyone that we needed to crow ... unfortunately that didn't work either. Randomly about 20 seconds later, the tree responded and began it's spiel and song. Obviously a technical issue, but it was funny to watch (and record).

- The AquaDuck required two person riders on day 2 and 3 and on the 3rd day it was shut down by 2:30pm and never reopened due to crazy high winds.

- Nemo's Reef was shut down for a 4 hour time frame on Thursday due to an 'incident'.

- Anyone who likes to have the drink of the day ... I highly advise avoiding the Spooky Juice :hungover:

- Lastly, took part in a Mixology class and it was a blast. The Mixologists at Skyline were awesome and the whole event was so much fun! Just make sure to eat before you go, otherwise you'll walk out sideways ;)

It was so much fun ... we booked a 4 night for next May on board ... can't wait! Hope you enjoy these tidbits and a trip report with pics will be coming in the future.

PolynesianPrincess

We're going on the Fantasy in just 5 1/2 short (long) weeks! Awesome to hear about the AquaDuck pics! We went on the Duck in February on the Dream and our photo never showed up! :(

sweetpee_1993

The Duck pics weren't working when we sailed the Fantasy in May 2013. They had the equipment set up it just wasn't working for us. Never checked in Sept 2013 when we sailed the Fantasy again. I've seen reports over the last 18 months that it was working, not working, etc. So glad you got your pics! So fun!

Just off the Wonder today. Did two 5-night double dips back-to-back. We looooved the Spooky Juice as long as the bartender left out the pineapple. From bar to bar (Castaway Cay & on the ship) there were definite inconsistencies with the cocktail recipes. Sans the pineapple I slurped those bad boys like a champ! Tasted like grape kool aid, sneaky & strong. After a few I took to calling them the Purple People Eaters. LOL!

Sounds like y'all had a fab voyage!

Ulysses McGill

What's wrong with the 'Spooky Juice' drink? Just gross, or what?

Also, thanks for the post! My wife and I had our honeymoon aboard the Fantasy and are eyeing up the possibility of sailing on it again as soon as we can.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom