Some Pictures from our Alaska trip

ChuckElias

Original Poster
I didn't do a real trip report for this trip, but I have lots of pictures and I'll just comment on some of them. So here are a couple from Vancouver before we boarded:

Here's the hotel we stayed at prior to boarding:

DSCN0709.jpg

A couple pics from dinner in downtown Vancouver, a really nice Italian/pizza place called Pacifico:

DSCN0710.jpg

DSCN0712.jpg

ChuckElias

Original Poster
We woke up early on the morning that we were going to board, and this is what we saw from our hotel window:

DSCN0714.jpg

The Wonder coming into port!!

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Some pictures from our morning wandering "Gastown" in Vancouver before boarding the Wonder:

The famous steam-powered clock:

DSCN0719.jpg

Breakfast at a really nice little coffee/pastry shop right downtown:

DSCN0724.jpg

My wife and mother-in-law with "Gassy Jack" himself. Jack was the founder of the Gastown section and got his nickname b/c he was a big windbag, apparently:

DSCN0731.jpg

ChuckElias

Original Poster
More from our morning in Vancouver. This is an Anglican cathedral a couple blocks from our hotel.

DSCN0738.jpg

They had a collection of all the flags flown by Canadian regiments (?) during World War I:

DSCN0751.jpg

This just seemed like a really interesting sculpture made from the pipes of the church's old pipe organ:

DSCN0756.jpg

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Last couple from Vancouver. This is the Vancouver Museum of Art. I really wanted to go in, but we just didn't have time.

DSCN0765.jpg

DSCN0764.jpg

And finally we set sail, going under the suspension bridge leading out of Vancouver's harbor:

DSCN0774.jpg

ChuckElias

Original Poster
From the veranda, but unfortunately, the background is washed out. I'm not a very good photographer:

DSCN0782.jpg

Deck 4, relaxing:

DSCN0817.jpg

ChuckElias

Original Poster
That mural is unreal!!

And gotta love that outfit on Minnie :sohappy:
I love the mural in Triton's. I actually have the 3-pin set of the whole mural. (When cruising and pin addictions collide!!)

I'm going to be away from my computer all day tomorrow, so I thought I'd put up a couple more pictures tonight. And since you liked the outfit on Minnie, here are a couple more pics with characters that we got while sailing into Tracy Arm. Say it with me: Ko-da.

DSCN0865.jpg

And I hope this one doesn't make Tammy too mad (she said she never got to see him in this outfit. . .)

DSCN0853.jpg

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
I love the mural in Triton's. I actually have the 3-pin set of the whole mural. (When cruising and pin addictions collide!!)

I'm going to be away from my computer all day tomorrow, so I thought I'd put up a couple more pictures tonight. And since you liked the outfit on Minnie, here are a couple more pics with characters that we got while sailing into Tracy Arm. Say it with me: Ko-da.

DSCN0865.jpg

And I hope this one doesn't make Tammy too mad (she said she never got to see him in this outfit. . .)

DSCN0853.jpg

Haha class outfit :sohappy:

Brilliant Pics!!

ChuckElias

Original Poster
On our first sea day, they had a "Behind the Scenes" lecture in the Walt Disney Theater. The lecturer was Jack Lindquist. Jack was a marketing executive for Disneyland for about 30 years before becoming Disneyland's first President in 1990. As part of the marketing team, Jack devised Disney Dollars, a hugely successful program. People bought the dollars for face value and then could redeem them just like cash in the parks. But a lot of people never redeemed them, keeping them as souvenirs. He said that about $250 million in Disney Dollars were never redeemed. That's a pretty cool profit for the company.

Jack also started the Disney Ambassador program, which still exists in each park. He started Grad Nights (and had some hysterical stories about the first few events, and what kids would do to sneak out or to sneak alcohol in), and the Disney Travel Company. He was eventually named a Disney Legend.

Anyway, he was promoting a book and did a signing after the lecture. So here are a couple shots of Jack:

DSCN0819.jpg

DSCN0821.jpg

That's me, of course, with Jack and his wife Belle. While I had him to my self for 15 seconds, I asked him if the opening day of Disneyland was really as big a disaster as some of the stories make it sound. He looked me straight in the eye and just said, "Oh, yes. Yes, it was." Almost like, it was actually a lot worse. Fun moment for me :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom