Some of My Cels I painted

primusjim

Well, I noticed that a couple of people in this thread expressed interest in Ringling School of Art and Design. I'm actually a junion majoring in Illustration at Ringling, so let me know if they is any info I can pass along about the school. I'm also the WDW college program representative for the school as well, so I guess I could be helpful in that regard.

CalDisney

Wow!! Grizz It looks Great!
Hope to see some of those Disney Rides Too:)
Primus!
I was wondering... Should I try for Cal Arts?? You have seen some of my work in here
What do you think?
Mitch

NowInc

Originally posted by Main Street USA

If I didn't have a job, that's what I'd be doing all day, all week, all month, all year....etc............Maybe when I retire........:rolleyes:

Amen brother

General Grizz

What I posted was really...junk. I just created and posted it as an intro...I will only start posting some stuff when I have the time. I'm wondering though...what I can do...hm....

primusjim

Primus!
I was wondering... Should I try for Cal Arts?? You have seen some of my work in here
What do you think?
Mitch

CalDisney. I don't know very much about Cal Arts, the schools I looked into were Columbus School of Art in Ohio and the Kansas City Art Institute. Ringling was my first choice though. I definitely see a lot of talent in the stuff you've put on here, especially in how well you draw with a mouse! I see no reason for you to not apply at Cal Arts, but as others in this thread have stated, they are going to want to see figure studies and drawings from life in your portfolio. I'm not sure what their curriculum is like over in Cali, but here most of the illustration classes are traditional, not on the computer. I'm in my third year and my first computer Illustration class is next semester. Although, I have been doing work with photoshop this semester. I'll see I can find any artwork to post if anyone is interested.

CalDisney

Originally posted by primusjim
CalDisney. I don't know very much about Cal Arts, the schools I looked into were Columbus School of Art in Ohio and the Kansas City Art Institute. Ringling was my first choice though. I definitely see a lot of talent in the stuff you've put on here, especially in how well you draw with a mouse! I see no reason for you to not apply at Cal Arts, but as others in this thread have stated, they are going to want to see figure studies and drawings from life in your portfolio. I'm not sure what their curriculum is like over in Cali, but here most of the illustration classes are traditional, not on the computer. I'm in my third year and my first computer Illustration class is next semester. Although, I have been doing work with photoshop this semester. I'll see I can find any artwork to post if anyone is interested.

Hey That sounds Great I would love to see your work.:)

I would Much rather draw the traditional way.
It is hard to draw with the mouse
I use a logitech mouse It dosent skip too much.
I will see if I have any true to life Drawings I can put up.

Thanks for your incouragement. Jim

primusjim

Thanks for your incouragement. Jim

No problem. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. Here is the only good thing I could find to share right now. It's a CMYK self portrait. Meaning All the colors were achieved using dots from Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and black markers. I'll have to see if I can get some of my other stuff onto the computer to share them.

Attachments

• dsc00139 copy.jpg
    dsc00139 copy.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 82

primusjim

Thanks CalDisney, yes it did take a lot of time. I had that assignment over a spring break my freshman year. I took that illustration with me everywhere so I could work on it all the time. I think it took 35 to 40 hours all told.

I don't really have very many good pictures on my computer of my work. Here is a painting I did for my second album of music I finished last year. I'll keep digging for more stuff. I'd like to show my spaceship earth drawing, but I had it framed and I'm not sure if I could get a good photo of it.

Yes, my band was called figment. But after four years of using that name I was contacted by a punk band in Cali that had trademarked it for themselves. If I ever decide on a replacement name, I'll have my mp3.com page up again.

Attachments

• cover1.jpg
    cover1.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 75

CalDisney

Awesome Jim!!
What do you play?? or are you the Singer??
I play Trumpet and Keyboards.
I grewup in a Musical family
My dad used to own a Music store
But when he Retired He sold it to my Oldest brother
he Now has 2.

primusjim

Primarily I'm a bassist. But on that disc, I layed down the drum tracks on my drum machine, recorded the bass lines, guitar and vocals. I just wanted to see if I could create a whole album from scratch. It took me three years. I'm starting to get to work on some new stuff, mainly I want to take the best tunes from the two cds and get help from my friends on drums and guitar, I like being able to just consentrate on bass and vocals.

CalDisney

Thats Cool...
hey arent you in Sarasota??
isnt that where the school is??
I should know Because my Fiance used to live there BUT!!!
She moved to Calif for Me:) last May

Mitch

CalDisney

Originally posted by primusjim
Bradenton is basically attached to the north end of Sarasota. It's the like the poor neighbor to Sarasota and therefore cheaper.

LOL!!
Thats what Tigggrl tells me too:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom