Some FastPass+ attractions eliminating second touch point

ZDuval11

I have only seen a back up at the first swipe station. Will the merge still be staffed? Will we see in an increase in line jumpers now?
I recently visited and noticed that many secondary touch points were not used, and also saw quite a few line jumpers, who were sometimes pointed out to cast members by people in line

Disney4family

I always found the back up to be at the first touch point. The lines for Big Thunder and Splash are huge before the first touch point. They always need a CM at the end of the line so people can find it. We timed it many times, too. It would take 20 minutes to get to the first touch point. I wish they could fix that.

tissandtully

Seems like it would make more sense to eliminate the current first touch points and just have the merge be where you validate your FP+, though I guess that would cause some issues with people who have no idea how FP+ works and show up at anytime they please.

Omnikron

Noticed it this past weekend at Buzz, Splash,Haunted Mansion and pretty much everywhere. We've never noticed any problems having the 2nd check point. We also found it useful when our daughter had to use the restroom before we got to the 2nd point and still being able to get back into the FP line was very convenient.

Rob562

I could see this working OK for attractions where the FP line is physically separated from the Standby line leaving no opportunity to jump over, but if it's on something like Space Mountain it's just asking for trouble.

Of course that's not even approaching the fact that eliminating the second touch point doesn't cause a backup. And it can't be a staff-saving measure, they'll still need the CM there at Merge.

-Rob

CoasterKing

Yeah, gonna be some trouble coming. It will not take people very long to figure out when and how they can jump line and not get caught. Maybe they will rethink this... no that's not Disney's style.

kbmb

I love this line: By removing the second touch point, the process for guests passing through the line is simplified.

Because you know, my family and I were always confused at how easy it was at the first touchpoint, but how complex it was at the second :p

-Kevin

Last edited:

betty rose

I recently visited and noticed that many secondary touch points were not used, and also saw quite a few line jumpers, who were sometimes pointed out to cast members by people in line
Did the CM's do or say anything? Or were people ignored for line jumping?

Bacon

I could see this working OK for attractions where the FP line is physically separated from the Standby line leaving no opportunity to jump over, but if it's on something like Space Mountain it's just asking for trouble.

Of course that's not even approaching the fact that eliminating the second touch point doesn't cause a backup. And it can't be a staff-saving measure, they'll still need the CM there at Merge.

-Rob
Some FastPass+ attractions eliminating second touch point

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I never considered the second touch point a bottle neck, that's not where the slow downs seem to occur, so removing them may not have a huge impact.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Maybe they will install some chicken wire fencing between the Standby and the FastPass lines. Better yet, put in some Plexiglass. Then all the people stuck in the standby line can watch the people in the Fastpass lines walk on by and the Fastpass people can feel even more superior to the poor souls who have been standing in line for 90 minutes. :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom