Solo trip

Lynnvz

Hi everyone!

Just been back from Disney but i am already planning my new trip. This time a solo trip. Now i'm wondering if someone went on a solo trip and what their experience was. I also like to know what are good places to eat? I'm planning on staying at an all stars resort for 7 nights + regular dining plan (early September). Could anyone give me some information about solo trips, food and must do's? Thanks in advance

carriebeth

my husband has gone alone a few times while in the area traveling for work. He said he always felt strange there alone. Sort of wondered if it creaped people out for a man to be walking around disney alone.

Upvote 0

contrariwise

I've never been on a solo trip, but in thinking about dining, I was thinking it might be nice to eat at some of the lounges. I always feel awkward dining alone (I know I shouldn't but . . .), and I feel like dining at a lounge might alleviate that. Some of the lounges at the deluxes have pretty good food menus. I think there's a lounge at/adjacent to Brown Derby and in Epcot in the Italy pavilion. Just a thought. Your trip sounds fun!

Upvote 0

Simba's Mom

I've been on at least 12-15 solo trips. Happily married, but I've got a bigger Disney obsession than my husband. My first solo trip was over 20 years ago, a "Mom's weekend" trip for Mother's Day, given by my family. Loved every solo trip I've taken.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Solo trips are awesome!!! I do meet up with people who are coming in and do some stuff with them as well, but am certainly fine with just running on my own too. I love going to see the live music acts. I know some of my other friends are not as into that as I am so I meet up again later. Have Fun!!! Marie

Upvote 0

Rogue21

Solo trips can be whatever you make them. There is more freedom to do, see and experience what YOU want. Take a tour. Go parasailing. Dine where you've always wanted. It really can be very liberating and fun as long as you're comfortable being a solo traveler.

Upvote 0

JohnD

I've never been on a solo trip, but in thinking about dining, I was thinking it might be nice to eat at some of the lounges. I always feel awkward dining alone (I know I shouldn't but . . .), and I feel like dining at a lounge might alleviate that. Some of the lounges at the deluxes have pretty good food menus. I think there's a lounge at/adjacent to Brown Derby and in Epcot in the Italy pavilion. Just a thought. Your trip sounds fun!

More than once I've eaten in the lounge at CG. Of course, I still made an ADR beforehand as a failsafe but if I can get a table in the lounge next to the window, I ask them to free up my ADR. (They'll happily cancel it without the $10 fee if you're dining there anyway in the lounge.)

Upvote 0

wendysue

I've been on at least 12-15 solo trips. Happily married, but I've got a bigger Disney obsession than my husband. My first solo trip was over 20 years ago, a "Mom's weekend" trip for Mother's Day, given by my family. Loved every solo trip I've taken.

I too, would like to go more often than my husband would like, but just haven't been able to get up the nerve to do it alone. I think it would be something I would like, but it's a long bus ride to airport, flight, etc. :confused: maybe someday...

Upvote 0
Most of my trips are solo. I would rather go solo you can do what you want. I have never felt funny eating by myself I usually just get on my phone and check wait times.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom