Solar Eclipse 2017

MinnieM123

Premium Member
If you're unable to experience it in person either due to weather or the percentages of seeing it are low, you can watch it live here

https://eclipse2017.nasa.gov/eclipse-live-stream
https://www.twitch.tv/nasa

Yesterday, I tried to see that (I had heard on the early AM news about the NASA site); but I think maybe too many people were trying to get on the site, and it wouldn't load. Luckily, a friend at work had those special viewing eyeglasses, and we could see some of the eclipse out the window. :)

Goofyernmost

Not impressed. I don't know what I was expecting, but, the daylight only wavered slightly. Still bright all through it. The only noticeable thing was a cooling down. The temperature dropped noticeably, but, was very short lived. It was back to 98 within minutes of 50% reappearance.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Not impressed. I don't know what I was expecting, but, the daylight only wavered slightly. Still bright all through it. The only noticeable thing was a cooling down. The temperature dropped noticeably, but, was very short lived. It was back to 98 within minutes of 50% reappearance.

We were all hoping for a really dark few minutes. But, it was only sort of a light grey sky up here during the eclipse. I think you had to be in the direct path (that was shown on maps) for a really dramatic effect. That being said, I think NC was probably more in the direct path than up here, so I'm a little surprised that the effect wasn't more intense in your area.

Goofyernmost

We were all hoping for a really dark few minutes. But, it was only sort of a light grey sky up here during the eclipse. I think you had to be in the direct path (that was shown on maps) for a really dramatic effect. That being said, I think NC was probably more in the direct path than up here, so I'm a little surprised that the effect wasn't more intense in your area.
In all fairness, I didn't have anyway of looking at it and the sun was sort of behind me to the west. Even though it did get slightly darker, the sky was bright blue, there was a bright reflection in the front grill of a car parked out front that never changed at all. I didn't put much effort into it as yesterday was a very intense day so watching the moon cross in front of the sun, was really not my priority. You know my bad attitude makes it so much not important to me. I've gone 69 years without seeing one, and I'm pretty sure that my dying words will not be.. damn and I could have seen an eclipse.:happy::joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
In all fairness, I didn't have anyway of looking at it and the sun was sort of behind me to the west. Even though it did get slightly darker, the sky was bright blue, there was a bright reflection in the front grill of a car parked out front that never changed at all. I didn't put much effort into it as yesterday was a very intense day so watching the moon cross in front of the sun, was really not my priority. You know my bad attitude makes it so much not important to me. I've gone 69 years without seeing one, and I'm pretty sure that my dying words will not be.. damn and I could have seen an eclipse.:happy::joyfull:

I saw a neighbor of ours yesterday morning, when I was heading out to get the bus to work. I asked him if he was going to watch the eclipse, and he said, "Nah, I'd rather have a beer!" :hilarious:

Goofyernmost

I saw a neighbor of ours yesterday morning, when I was heading out to get the bus to work. I asked him if he was going to watch the eclipse, and he said, "Nah, I'd rather have a beer!" :hilarious:
Good choice and I don't even drink. The last beer I had was while watching the Super Bowl in 2011.
And that was because that was all they had. Can you imagine a group so primitive that they don't have Ice Tea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom