SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

CaptainShortty

So, just a small update...cast member previews have not yet been posted for registration (if they are going to happen at all). The media event date has been set as has the opening date. Knowing the media and potential opening date, there is a about a 3 week window for all previews/soft openings. This is much smaller than that for new fantasyland which was about 2-3 months.

And please don't ask what the dates are. I'm not allowed to disclose them.

Bolt

So, just a small update...cast member previews have not yet been posted for registration (if they are going to happen at all). The media event date has been set as has the opening date. Knowing the media and potential opening date, there is a about a 3 week window for all previews/soft openings. This is much smaller than that for new fantasyland which was about 2-3 months.

This probably won't have cast member sign ups. It'll be something more like Star Tours where it was open during certain hours, first come/first serve. I doubt the company will feel obligated to offer weeks of previews if they can just pull the trigger and open it.

Arty Cordova

Don't tell me the dates just give me a hint if my girls will be able to ride on May 17???

Miss Rapunzel

All that has happened so far is the construction workers have rode the ride. I have been eagerly doing research for the past couple of days. Trying to watch videos or see photos but all of them are images of the same part of the attraction.. which is definitely disappointing. However not seeing every part of the ride is nice because i will get to experience all the Disney magic when it does open. Anyways the rumors about soft openings are a couple of weeks of (maybe 2) I know everyone is eager to see how this turns out but, soft openings are still pretty far off from where production of the ride is at now. Guess all we can do for now is wait and see what happens :cool:

TinkandCrew

There go any hopes for our family's upcoming trip. Our MK day is May 2nd and our vacation is 4/30 -5/7. We could push back our MK day, but it doesn't appear that it would matter.

Bolt

Here is another question...I picked our MK day as May 2nd because that is what was the best suggestion based on crowd calendars. I thought it was a little odd being it is a Friday, but that's what it said. Now that this date has been chosen as the "media preview"...should we change our day? Will it be extra crowded? I figure anything May 2nd or after would be just about the same. Thoughts?
Magic Kingdom is busy everyday.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Here is another question...I picked our MK day as May 2nd because that is what was the best suggestion based on crowd calendars. I thought it was a little odd being it is a Friday, but that's what it said. Now that this date has been chosen as the "media preview"...should we change our day? Will it be extra crowded? I figure anything May 2nd or after would be just about the same. Thoughts?
I dare say it will be crowded.

Expect a lot of Fanland to be closed to normal people, pushing the crowds elsewhere in the park, and in turn generating more admissions from people thinking it will open if the media are there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom