Sofia, Doc, and DHS

DrummerAlly

Original Poster
Is there any place to see Sofia and Doc outside of DHS? There are so few attractions there for young kids that I'm thinking of skipping it, but I'm not sure a trip to wdw will be complete for my daughters without meeting Sofia and Doc.

Anyplace else to meet them? Skip DHS with the under 38" crowd?

I went twice last year with a 2 year old girl and I think if I had to choose one park to skip it would actually be Epcot. The highlight of her last trip was lunch with doc and sofia at Hollywood and vine. They get to sing and dance with them. She was in heaven. There is also the disney jr show, little mermaid, beauty and beady, and frozen. And toy story mania. We did have park hoppers though.

DrummerAlly

Original Poster
I went twice last year with a 2 year old girl and I think if I had to choose one park to skip it would actually be Epcot. The highlight of her last trip was lunch with doc and sofia at Hollywood and vine. They get to sing and dance with them. She was in heaven. There is also the disney jr show, little mermaid, beauty and beady, and frozen. And toy story mania. We did have park hoppers though.
Hmm, yes - I forgot about all those shows. Those are the things that we tended to skip as two childless adults. If only for lunch with Doc and Sofia at the Hollywood and Vine, I think we need to get to DHS even if its just a half day park/half pool day. I think we may choose to skip DAK. Though its a favorite of my mine and my husband, the kids will see it as another zoo with only a few rides that they can ride.

Hmm, yes - I forgot about all those shows. Those are the things that we tended to skip as two childless adults. If only for lunch with Doc and Sofia at the Hollywood and Vine, I think we need to get to DHS even if its just a half day park/half pool day. I think we may choose to skip DAK. Though its a favorite of my mine and my husband, the kids will see it as another zoo with only a few rides that they can ride.

Yes, I agree. We usually skipped all those shows too. :) But your daughter would love it. The characters are also at breakfast at H&V but not at dinner.

dreamfinder

Our toddler loved the Disney Junior show, and had a blast with the M&Gs (people in line loved him too). Also at least for another few months the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground is tons of fun. We spent a good 1/2 hour just going up and down the slide. (Small 3 foot long one mind you)

DizneyPryncess

My daughter liked DHS, mostly because of Disney Jr. If you're staying at a Disney Resort, I would try to schedule your DHS day for when there are evening EMH's. They have a Disney Jr. dance party during EMH's, and that was one of my daughter's favorite things that we did at WDW. Doc is not there, but Sofia & Jake are, as well as Minnie, Mickey and others. It hasn't been overly crowded either time we went, which was once in May and once in October. They don't pose or sign autographs, but watching your child get to dance with their favorite characters is pretty fun. And we got cute videos, and some good candid photos of them dancing.

We also did the breakfast at Hollywood & Vine to meet those characters. Our daughter also liked the Frozen show, Toy Story Mania, the Disney Jr stage show, and eating in the cars at the Sci-Fi Diner. We didn't need a full day there, we did half a day. Afternoon into evening worked for us.

Princess Kaylee

They have their own area in DHS now. Obviously Star Wars is the big thing over there right now so the lines aren't crazy. You can meet Sofia, Doc, and Handy Manny. They also have Hollywood and Vine where you can dine with those characters. There is also a Disney Junior alive show. Don't forget to meet Mike,Sully, Woody, and Buzz as well!

mimitchi33

Your best chance of meeting these two characters is at the Hollywood and Vine breakfast/lunch.
As for good rides for toddlers in non DHS parks:

Magic Kingdom:
Anything in Fantasyland (but they may be too little for The Barnstormer and Seven Dwarves Mine Train)
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor (sometimes, you and/or your child will be picked to do something or appear on screen, which makes it even more fun)
Carousel of Progress

EPCOT:
Journey into Imagination with Figment (Little kids love this one! I know for a fact that I loved this ride so much when I was four or five that my mom recalls me throwing a tantrum over it once I had to get off because the line was too long. And no, I'm not mistaking this for the 80's version when it always had long lines-this incident happened when the 2002 version was still new. I still love it today!)
Disney Short Film Festival
The Seas With Nemo And Friends
Gran Fiesta Tour
Frozen Ever After (If it is open during your trip)

I would skip Animal Kingdom, since there's not much to do for toddlers there. Have fun!

Disneydreamer23

Agree with above, my daughter is 2 and her least fav park was Epcot, she loved Holly Wood studios. She loved Dancing with Manny, Sofia,Doc, and Jake at Hollywood and Vine, also Beauty and the beast Show, the Disney Junior ( during late night this place is a dance party with characters), little mermaid, Frozen Forever!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom