Social Club Meetups

Nerdbaitplus3

Original Poster
So from what I've gathered from this page is that people don't really care for the social clubs of DL - which is really odd to me seeing as they give a lot back to the community on top of sharing their love of Disney with each other and the other groups in their park. Is it because of their "cuts" or patched vests? The fact that they look "gang" related? This is just silly...plus, I already do patch collecting and "cuts" for the 501st Legion and Mandalorian Mercs, so what's the difference.

I was curious if there were people who were possibly interested in a WDW version of this? It's taking the idea of meetups to the next level and since I figure most of us are on Disney related forums talking this and that about the parks, why not show it? I'm in the process of talking to some of my Instagram friends who are a part of the various SC of DL to see how they were formed, why they did it, what's it about in their own words, etc.

If you're opposed to it, I'm curious as to why that might be.

Nerdbaitplus3

Original Poster
Kind of an odd suggestion considering you just joined here...
Sure, joined this site...but I've been following offline for a while and really wanted to join forums to find other people to go to the park for meetups and things of the like. I figured I'd put it out there because I can't be the ONLY one who has thought about this after seeing and even following what the DL Social Clubs do.

Californian Elitist

Not to burst your bubble, but I've seen some posters here express a lack of interest in something like the social clubs at Disneyland. I don't think I've ever seen someone here express interest in one, except you.

The social clubs at Disneyland are part of the culture of Disneyland. While I can see a club getting together for WDW, I can't see it to the extent of the DL ones.

Last edited:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The social clubs work at DL because you have a large number of local to semi local annual passholders that are very passionate about DL. You don't really see that dynamic to the same degree in WDW. The fan base at WDW seems to be more geographically spread out and less rabid about the parks.

@magicdisneypass

Kind of an odd suggestion considering you just joined here...
I don't see why this would be an odd suggestion? This thread was the catalyst for me finding this site obviously this is a valid topic and there are multiple parties interested in doing this. Why would you be trolling like this? Seems to me you are being pretty rude to a new member.

Nemo14

I don't see why this would be an odd suggestion? This thread was the catalyst for me finding this site obviously this is a valid topic and there are multiple parties interested in doing this. Why would you be trolling like this? Seems to me you are being pretty rude to a new member.
First of all the post is nearly a year old. But the OP's first post was an introduction to herself and a link to her business - rather suspect and against forum rules. And it just seems odd that a person who had just joined would want to meet up with strangers without first spending some time here getting to know people. I've met many of our posters here at various times, but there are some who I would definitely choose not to.

@magicdisneypass

First of all the post is nearly a year old. But the OP's first post was an introduction to herself and a link to her business - rather suspect and against forum rules. And it just seems odd that a person who had just joined would want to meet up with strangers without first spending some time here getting to know people. I've met many of our posters here at various times, but there are some who I would definitely choose not to.
I don't see any open invitation or location listed here to meet up, only a question posted asking if anyone was interested in starting a WDW SC... I guess someone like you would have to run a background check on someone before meeting them in a public place like The Magic Kingdom... I don't really understand why you are even worried about it, obviously you aren't from Orlando and wouldn't be able to join a WDW SC anyway. I doubt I would really want someone with your attitude in my SC anyway. Best of luck to you.

Genevieve

So from what I've gathered from this page is that people don't really care for the social clubs of DL - which is really odd to me seeing as they give a lot back to the community on top of sharing their love of Disney with each other and the other groups in their park. Is it because of their "cuts" or patched vests? The fact that they look "gang" related? This is just silly...plus, I already do patch collecting and "cuts" for the 501st Legion and Mandalorian Mercs, so what's the difference.

I was curious if there were people who were possibly interested in a WDW version of this? It's taking the idea of meetups to the next level and since I figure most of us are on Disney related forums talking this and that about the parks, why not show it? I'm in the process of talking to some of my Instagram friends who are a part of the various SC of DL to see how they were formed, why they did it, what's it about in their own words, etc.

If you're opposed to it, I'm curious as to why that might be.

If you are still looking for people, my husband and I would love to join.

Genevieve

The social clubs work at DL because you have a large number of local to semi local annual passholders that are very passionate about DL. You don't really see that dynamic to the same degree in WDW. The fan base at WDW seems to be more geographically spread out and less rabid about the parks.

There are passionate people who live near Orlando too.

Trader Sam

Hello. There are actually several SC's starting in Disney World. I have meet with several people from near and far wanting to create a group of Disney enthusiast such as myself at and for Disney World.

If anyone is interested feel free to start a convo or reply back.

Thanks and have a Magical Day !!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom