Soarin' over the Horizon

djkidkaz

Original Poster
I saw they announced today an attraction for Shanghai called Soarin over the Horizon. I would assume that will be the name of the new Soarin film at all the resorts.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Maybe they will plan some Horizons music in the queue line.
One of the scenes can fly over a picture of the half destroyed carcass of the old Horizons building. I'm sure with today's realistic CGI they could do it. Maybe even blow in the scent of crushed concrete mixed with a hint of orange scent and broken dreams.

(Ok, the last one was a little over dramatic, I know)

ToTBellHop

One of the scenes can fly over a picture of the half destroyed carcass of the old Horizons building. I'm sure with today's realistic CGI they could do it. Maybe even blow in the scent of crushed concrete mixed with a hint of orange scent and broken dreams.

Broken Dreams sounds like a great ride concept to replace Imagination.

Sam Magic

They could always just but the building into the park again...most people will not even realize what it is.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Broken Dreams sounds like a great ride concept to replace Imagination.
Isn't that what they renamed Future World to a decade or so ago?

Oh, it's just what I like to call it...
2e0ad81.jpg

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Apparently they share my distaste toward apostrophes in China--it's called Soaring over the Horizon:

Anyone who has dreamed of seeing the world or soaring like a bird will enjoy the exhilarating experience at Soaring Over the Horizon, with an aerial tour of the globe never seen before. High above some of the world’s most iconic landmarks, Soaring over the Horizon will take travelers on a voyage of discovery that tours every continent. Starting from an ancient observatory nestled in the cloud forest, guests will soar and explore spectacular scenic wonders, with special segments for guests of Shanghai Disneyland overlooking Shanghai and The Great Wall of China. An ideal attraction for the entire family, it offers an original story, a new walk-through experience and a new aerial tour. The attraction is an epic re-mastering of the popular attraction at Disney California Adventure, in the United States.

ToTBellHop

I don't know if I would want the same music even though I love it. That score would make me think too much of the original scenes. Who did the original score for Soarin? I wonder if they would be brought back to score this film also?
I think the problem they could run into with the current score is pacing. Unless you are going to ensure that each new scene has the same time length and even the same appearance of dramatic scenery, the score won't work with the film. My bet is we get new score. Typically, score is made for a movie--the movie isn't made for the score.

lazyboy97o

I don't know if I would want the same music even though I love it. That score would make me think too much of the original scenes. Who did the original score for Soarin? I wonder if they would be brought back to score this film also?
I cannot remember the composer's name but Soarin' Over California was one of his last projects before passing away.

Admiral01

Premium Member

Great composer Jerry Goldsmith scored Soarin' over California. Sadly, he passed away a few years ago. Soarin' was one of his last works.

He was one of my favorites.

BrerJon

It was Jerry Goldsmith, composer of the Star Trek: The Next Generation theme amongst many others. Sadly he passed away in 2004.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom