Soarin: Is It Really That Great?

copcarguyp71

Soarin' is not bad the first time but like others have said the repeatability of the ride is just so-so and certainly not worth the wait times IMO. We pretty much do it once a trip and that is all.

Ginzuishou

I was really excited to go on Soarin. I waited about 90 minutes in the horrible line, with the completely stupid video games on the wall replaying over and over. After the torture was over, I got on the ride and was not impressed at all. I could see each individual panel making up the screen. Scenes would have no transition and some scenes looked like they were filmed with a fish eye lens. I could see the outter edges of the screen and the building wall.......doesn't feel like flying when you can see the building around you. Overall, lame, very lame.....not sure why it is so popular.

rnese

Kitchen Kabaret & Food Rocks was MUCH better than Jump Cut: The Ride.
cfe389643LARGE.jpg
"Veggie fruit fruit! Veggie veggie fruit fruit!"

rnese

I love Soarin'. My kids love Soarin' as much as I enjoyed The Kitchen Cabaret, if I had to choose between the two, it's Soarin' every time. Plus, I get to see David Puddy give me flight instructions.

Soarin' is a favorite of my family. In fact, we usually ride it more than once per trip. We enjoy the sights, sounds, smells and movement. It's not a thrill ride, so those who are looking for "butterflies" will need to look elsewhere. But for me, it is the most relaxing few moments that I spend in the world. When I'm in the air, I can forget everything else. Incidentally, we got to ride Soarin' entirely by OURSELVES two years ago. We had ridden it during Illuminations and when we were getting off, the line was still open. We immediately got back in line and walked to the end of the holding area. After standing for a few minutes by ourselves, the crew came and told us we were the only ones in line and that they had closed the entrance. Even so, they let us ride! They placed us in the premier spot (center section, second row, middle seats) and we got to experience a wonderful Disney moment. We even took a few pictures with the cast. It was AWESOME!

Cmdr_Crimson

I love Soarin'. My kids love Soarin' as much as I enjoyed The Kitchen Cabaret, if I had to choose between the two, it's Soarin' every time. Plus, I get to see David Puddy give me flight instructions.

I'm more into his toon voices..Regardless they sound pretty much the same like Brock Samson, Joe Swanson and of Course....Kronk..
584030313fadc09f76c696b5d517fc69.jpg

Rogue21

I'm more into his toon voices..Regardless they sound pretty much the same like Brock Samson, Joe Swanson and of Course....Kronk..
584030313fadc09f76c696b5d517fc69.jpg
Off topic a bit, but do you remember a short-lived comedy called The Tick? Bat Manuel? Cracks me up.

But, on topic, I do enjoy Soarin' . . . perfect blend of music, motion and relaxation. (Although visuals need some help. OK, a lot of help.) It's my Dad's favorite ride, so it is a "must do" for us.

ddbowdoin

Certainly not worth the 90 minute tags you often see, but at the end of the day I can't see myself waiting 90 minutes for anything. So the answer is based on conditions being met, as in first AM ride with nothing more than a 20 minute wait (with another FP in hand) so you can ride it twice!

ddbowdoin

Off topic a bit, but do you remember a short-lived comedy called The Tick? Bat Manuel? Cracks me up.

But, on topic, I do enjoy Soarin' . . . perfect blend of music, motion and relaxation. (Although visuals need some help. OK, a lot of help.) It's my Dad's favorite ride, so it is a "must do" for us.
Personally as a film photography buff I like the quality of the ride as is... Digital HD makes you think, is this real? There's something about film grain that just makes you feel "alive".

Spike-in-Berlin

Ever heard about Fastpass? I don't understand why so many people think you really have to wait 60 to 90 minutes to do Soarin'. We always did it at least half a dozen times during every visit, obviously we love it, but we would not wait 90 minutes for it. NO ride is worth a 90 minute wait, at least not an existing one. I could change my mind if someday they would finally build Fire Mountain.

Goofyernmost

Ever heard about Fastpass? I don't understand why so many people think you really have to wait 60 to 90 minutes to do Soarin'. We always did it at least half a dozen times during every visit, obviously we love it, but we would not wait 90 minutes for it. NO ride is worth a 90 minute wait, at least not an existing one. I could change my mind if someday they would finally build Fire Mountain.
I don't think you have done this since the introduction of FP+. You can still ride it 6 times a visit, but, you won't be using FP to do it.

Due to family interests, I once had the occasion to ride it four times in a morning. The first one was Standby (walk on) and the other three were from family that didn't want to do it again. I had a great time until I got off the ride and discovered that I had spent almost the whole morning on one ride. I had limited time and had managed to not see anything else, all morning. I thought, well that is a ride that I like so it's hard to complain, but, I like other things as well and I wasn't able to do them because of that obsession. Never tried to do that again. I do attempt to ride it once and have found that is all that I really need.

tlev

Love it! Rode is 3 times last trip! Once at rope drop then twice at park closing (since the last group did not have enough people to fill it up they let us stay on for the last ride). I refuse to wait more that 30 minutes for any ride. Either we fastpass it, do it at rope drop or at park closing. I agree there needs to be some updates, but I don't spend my time inspecting every inch of the theatre either. I enjoy it for what it is and the fact that my daughter loves it makes it more enjoyable for me.

I like Soarin' but echo what everyone else said, not worth waiting in the usually long line. One good development of FP+ is the fact that gone are the days of having to race over to get a FP as soon as you arrive or them being gone really early.

My big pet peeve with the ride is the fact that unless you are on the top row, you see everyone's feet, which I find very distracting. How hard would it likely have been to have a greater heighth difference between the rows so you wouldn't have that. Soarin' can be really impressive on the top row, however feet constantly rocking back and forth in your eyeline the whole ride takes away the Magic.

Bairstow

I also feel like Soarin' is tremendously overrated.
Perhaps I would like it more if I had seen it in its earlier years, before dirt and wear-and-tear in the projection booth fouled up the images.

That initial feeling when the big machine picks everyone up IS neat, but in the end you don't go anywhere except dust bunny land.

loveofamouse

I'm not a fan. I find it a bit boring and silly to fly over CA when it's in FL. Florida could make a nice fly over video. An international video would be awesome, esp considering WS is right around the corner. My kids like it, though, but we only do it with FPs

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom