Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

Pluto89

Soarin' will reopen next month with the old movie. The new movie will debut the day after Shanghai's version opens. The switch should happen overnight.
So MAY soft opening!?! If this is true it's awesomeness bc I would hate to miss this when we go 14th-21st! Even if it's the OG film IDC I still love it

Unplugged

So when they release the new movie, will the old one be sold on DVD & Blu ray for $69.95 at the gift shops along with those battery fans and orange scent?

"Now you can take Soarin' home! Recommended for TVs 60" and larger, 1 fan per viewer. "

Rob562

Have they stated whether they will be keeping the soundtrack from the original movie in the new one? I sure hope so.

They have not said, but it's highly doubtful. Trying to fit scenes from a brand new film to perfectly match a soundtrack that was custom-composed specifically for a different film is pointless if you want a good product. (Imagine Empire Strikes Back using only the music recorded for A New Hope... Sure, the music would kinda fit, but do you really want to do that?)

Now, since Disney owns the music there's nothing saying they can't take the existing Soarin' *theme* and re-orchestrate it into the new film (by someone other than the original composer) just like you hear the same general themes pop up in different versions throughout Star Wars... But I would be flabbergasted if the exact same track is heard in the new film.

-Rob

CastleBound

Now, since Disney owns the music there's nothing saying they can't take the existing Soarin' *theme* and re-orchestrate it into the new film (by someone other than the original composer) just like you hear the same general themes pop up in different versions throughout Star Wars... But I would be flabbergasted if the exact same track is heard in the new film.

-Rob
God I really hope they try to re-orchestrate it. It's such a great theme and would be a huge loss. It's been tough to find memorable themes in recent attractions and this one sticks out as one of the greats in the past 15 years.

Next Big Thing

I don't give a duck about Shanghai, okay? Keep the damn ride closed until after their version opens and then open ours next. Typical Disney stupidity closing a ride to install a new film, only to re-open it six months later with the same boring film. Idiotic, no matter how you spin it. Good try though....
DCA's closed and reopened with the same film...

Next Big Thing

I'm just sick of the excuses that continue to be tossed about. The bottom line is re-opening the ride without the new film is stupid. I don't care that some family from Small Town USA won't know any different. I don't care that Bob Iger's pet project has the "rights" to it first (another stupid decisions, but whatever). Its just another trend of Disney making dumb decisions and I'm fed up. :mad:
If it wasn't for Iger's pet project, we very likely would not be getting a new film as Shanghai paid for it.

Maybe you should just get off your high horse for a second and be appreciative.

GeneralZod

I'm just sick of the excuses that continue to be tossed about. The bottom line is re-opening the ride without the new film is stupid. I don't care that some family from Small Town USA won't know any different. I don't care that Bob Iger's pet project has the "rights" to it first (another stupid decisions, but whatever). Its just another trend of Disney making dumb decisions and I'm fed up. :mad:
giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom