Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I've noticed Dwarfs Mine Train not being available often. It wasn't at all during, IMO, a slow-ish period at the beginning of this month. Everything was 20/30/40(Pan) minutes, Mine Train was 60 and no FP+ for days. I've yet to have trouble getting TSMM, Soarin' or Test Track (when I randomly search for availability on them), but I don't really go for them either so maybe they're more unavailable than I think. But TSMM more than the other two seems to be more available than Mine Train. It's strange. Either way, Epcot, Animal Kingdom and DHS need many more things to do. And honestly, even the MK could use one or two more things.
Mine Train is still new. It probably takes a year or more to cycle through the repeat guests who are riding it for the first time. I think it should settle down some at some point soon. It's still relatively low capacity compared to an omnimover so it will always have longer waits than a ride like LM.

Bolt

I've noticed Dwarfs Mine Train not being available often. It wasn't at all during, IMO, a slow-ish period at the beginning of this month. Everything was 20/30/40(Pan) minutes, Mine Train was 60 and no FP+ for days. I've yet to have trouble getting TSMM, Soarin' or Test Track (when I randomly search for availability on them), but I don't really go for them either so maybe they're more unavailable than I think. But TSMM more than the other two seems to be more available than Mine Train. It's strange. Either way, Epcot, Animal Kingdom and DHS need many more things to do. And honestly, even the MK could use one or two more things.
That and MK is the flagship park in regards to attendance. Twice as many people go there than DHS and DAK. Makes the choices probably go faster. Just a guess, nothing to support that.

Crazydisneyfanluke

I believe MK needs one good E-ticket that eats people like nothing.

On the others parks,
Epcot 1 E-ticked 2 D-ticket 3-4 C-A ticket.
DHS 3 E-tickets 2 D-tickets 3-4 C-A Tickets 1 show
AK 1 E-ticket 2 D-tickets 2-3 C-A tickets 2 more shows

DinoInstitute

On the others parks,
Epcot 1 E-ticked 2 D-ticket 3-4 C-A ticket.
DHS 3 E-tickets 2 D-tickets 3-4 C-A Tickets 1 show
AK 1 E-ticket 2 D-tickets 2-3 C-A tickets 2 more shows
This seems quite spot on. For Epcot, I would probably allow two Ds or a C and a D to be counted as a refurb of a current FW ride, but 1 E in FW with the rest in WS. Honestly, a lot of what would make all of the parks substantially better without adding attractions would simple be refurbishing them as needed.
DHS needs whatever, just an immersive and exciting selection of experiences, and DAK is a solid park but could use a few more options.
Anyways, not to send this into armchair imagineering, and lets get to Soarin' like Bolt said:p

DHoy

Also when you're searching I imagine you're looking for one person. Finding openings for one person with FP+ is easy. But as groups get larger each FP window become more constrained. I imagine most groups of 3/4/5 have trouble finding soarin TT or mania day of or day before

doctornick

I'm always back and forth about MK. It doesn't need another big draw that would make people go to that park (or spend more time there relative to the other parks) -- the crowds are big enough already. So, there's an argument to add not as ground breaking rides that add to capacity.

I think there's definitely an argument that any build at MK should be less than each of the other three. They need to have the "latest and greatest" more and have reasons to get crowds to go to them and spread people more evenly (and do so throughout the day).

That said, I do think that MK could benefit from at least one more good capacity E-ticket (perhaps something in Adventureland like Fire Mountain or Indy/JTTCOTE) to spread out crowds and most importantly provide enough capacity to allow for closures of the other E-tickets periodically for renovations. MK doesn't have enough capacity, unlike DL, to allow for rides to be down as often as they need to be for necessary maintenance.

FerretAfros

I have a couple quick photos of the construction from the 10K on Friday 1/9

This one is looking northeast from the Avenue of the Stars T-intersection. The construction trailer is visible in the foreground, with the existing Soarin' building beyond
P1100939.JPG

Site clearing and rough grading has begun, with the southern half of the site excavated about 5' below the existing grade (this may be the same at the old loading docks in the area, but the concrete has been removed). This shot is looking north from near the Soarin' building's southwest corner. You can see the Soarin' emergency walkways on the right and the lit-up greenhouses from The Land beyond
P1100940.JPG

raymusiccity

This one is looking northeast from the Avenue of the Stars T-intersection. The construction trailer is visible in the foreground, with the existing Soarin' building beyond
View attachment 79342

Site clearing and rough grading has begun, with the southern half of the site excavated about 5' below the existing grade (this may be the same at the old loading docks in the area, but the concrete has been removed). This shot is looking north from near the Soarin' building's southwest corner. You can see the Soarin' emergency walkways on the right and the lit-up greenhouses from The Land beyond
View attachment 79343

Thank you so much. We're finally back on topic!

Rteetz

View attachment 79342

View attachment 79343
Yep I ran the 10k as well and the area was clearly excavated with the construction trailer there looked like a footer or two was poured unless they are from something else.

Progress.City

We can also get some clues as to what they are doing by looking at the DLR recent announcements.

I could be mistaken, but was a 4K digital projector mentioned for DCA's Soaring? If so, I would say that would also be part of EC's Soaring project...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom