Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

Wikkler

List of clones or potential clones that are fine by me (at least as of now):
Toy Story Midway Mania
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin (or whatever other names)
Soarin'
It's A Small World
Carousel of Progress
PeopleMover
Dumbo
Carousel

And there are more. I don't hate clones as much as I fear that the parks will become unoriginal. Sure, it's not an original ride, but Soarin' in TDS will have a unique exterior, a unique ride vehicle look (both that appear fitting to the land, rather than taking the cheaper way by using existing design), and one or more unique scenes. Soarin' also upholds the theme of the park well. It's a confusing view I have, and nobody will ever fully understand it because they just aren't me, but I'm okay with Soarin'. I wouldn't be as okay with other options. My main, end-all hope is that the parks keep a good balance of unique, non-duplicated attractions.
Toy Story needs an appropriate land in each park to clone it in... the problem is that Hong Kong and Shanghai don't have a place to put it.
Buzz Lightyear needs to go space exploring instead of planting himself into the Magic Kingdoms of the world.
Soarin' and IASW definitely need to be cloned as much as possible. Soarin' because it looks like it will be a great ride. IASW so people will be tortured (I'm a sadist).
Carousel of Progress and PeopleMover are never being cloned. There's not even a chance. CoP is a ride that Disney's been trying to retire for almost twenty years. PeopleMover was closed at Disneyland for some reason (even 90's Disney made bad decisions sometimes) and is too expensive to clone anywhere else.
You can bet someone else that Dumbo and a Carousel will be added to every new MK park and you'll win every time.

Mike S

Toy Story needs an appropriate land in each park to clone it in... the problem is that Hong Kong and Shanghai don't have a place to put it.
Buzz Lightyear needs to go space exploring instead of planting himself into the Magic Kingdoms of the world.
Soarin' and IASW definitely need to be cloned as much as possible. Soarin' because it looks like it will be a great ride. IASW so people will be tortured (I'm a sadist).
Carousel of Progress and PeopleMover are never being cloned. There's not even a chance. CoP is a ride that Disney's been trying to retire for almost twenty years. PeopleMover was closed at Disneyland for some reason (even 90's Disney made bad decisions sometimes) and is too expensive to clone anywhere else.
You can bet someone else that Dumbo and a Carousel will be added to every new MK park and you'll win every time.
Magic Kingdoms PeopleMover is the clone. The original at Disneyland was actually much longer. The mistake was turning it into Rocket Rods.

RSoxNo1

Looks to me like a Leonardo da Vinci flying machine, in which case it fits perfectly in theme.
flyingmachine4_l.jpg
I thought the story about Soarin' was that we were being shrunk down to the size of a toy in Mark Sumner's attic and we're actually playing on his erector set.

ToTBellHop

I thought the story about Soarin' was that we were being shrunk down to the size of a toy in Mark Sumner's attic and we're actually playing on his erector set.
Lol. Mark and that freakin Erector Set! I bet he busts it out to random strangers on the city bus. "Wanna see my toy?"

montyz81

I have to ask, is the new building the one you can see behind Canada if you were standing in Germany? If so, that is disappointing. That really takes away from the view of Canada from that part of World Showcase.

Goofyernmost

how did I never notice that before! I have been several times since Soarin was installed too
Magical that you never noticed isn't it. It's because they know what they are doing. I'll guarantee you this, if you don't go in looking for it, you still won't really notice it even though you now know it exists. Too many people spend way to much time looking for negative to see anything positive. They are the same one's that use the phrase that Disney is... stooping to pick up pennies while dollars fly over their heads. The same thing applies to them just over different things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom