Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I don't want to open this can of worms, but if any attraction deserves a refurb its Journey, or Wonders of Life........ IMHO. Those pavilions NEED attention out of pure asthetic for starters.While a third theater is important, I wouldnt consider Soarin in dire need of a renovation at the moment. I feel like the same five things get attention all the time.
Agreed. The simple explanation is FP+. Soarin and TSMM both caused problems with lack of FP capacity. I'd love to see imagination get some love. Maybe in 2021

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Does anyone remember the big discussion back a year or so ago concerning how "Footings" are actually "Foundations" and that the use of "Footings" was incorrect. That was a person with a lot of time on their hands. ;)
There actually is a fairly big difference in footings and foundations. When you are in the construction business you have to deal with a lot of laypeople mixing things up and it starts to give you uncontrollable facial ticks after a while.:)

Tom

Beta Return
Does anyone remember the big discussion back a year or so ago concerning how "Footings" are actually "Foundations" and that the use of "Footings" was incorrect. That was a person with a lot of time on their hands. ;)

FootERS is incorrect. It's not a word. I don't have much free time on my hands, but I'll explain it all over again if necessary.

There actually is a fairly big difference in footings and foundations. When you are in the construction business you have to deal with a lot of laypeople mixing things up and it starts to give you uncontrollable facial ticks after a while.:)

Yes, this. Foundation is a broad term. A footing is a cast-in-place concrete structure, in the ground, that other building components bear on. Most often a pad footing, for one column. Then you have grade beams, step footings, and others.

You never have a footer, except at the bottom of a word processing document or website.

Goofyernmost

FootERS is incorrect. It's not a word. I don't have much free time on my hands, but I'll explain it all over again if necessary.
To me it was never a question of the difference between "Footers" and "Footings". Or even if one or the other could be called "foundations" or if one is a note at the bottom of a printed page. Unless, one is in the construction business, who the hell cares! We all knew what they were trying to say and, to me, that is the purpose of words. To communicate an idea. In order for anyone to ever think that when the word Footers was used in that discussion meant the bottom of the page, they would have had to take it completely out of context to get confused about it.
:)

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Yes, this. Foundation is a broad term. A footing is a cast-in-place concrete structure, in the ground, that other building components bear on. Most often a pad footing, for one column. Then you have grade beams, step footings, and others.

You never have a footer, except at the bottom of a word processing document or website.
Somewhere our old friend Pete Alt is sobbing in a corner. Telling him there's no such thing as a monorail "footer" is like telling a kid there's no Santa Claus:)

DisneyGentleman

Oh darn, the Dictionary Police have arrived.

There goes Handwich, Enviromentality, Disneyesque, Disneyfy, Fantasmic, lluminNations, and of course Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Tom

Beta Return
To me it was never a question of the difference between "Footers" and "Footings". Or even if one or the other could be called "foundations" or if one is a note at the bottom of a printed page. Unless, one is in the construction business, who the hell cares! We all knew what they were trying to say and, to me, that is the purpose of words. To communicate an idea. In order for anyone to ever think that when the word Footers was used in that discussion meant the bottom of the page, they would have had to take it completely out of context to get confused about it.
:)

Some people enjoy learning as they go through life. Others just like being grumpy old curmudgeons.

I'll continue to offer up pieces of industry specific information when I can. You can choose to ignore.

DinoInstitute

I don't want to open this can of worms, but if any attraction deserves a refurb its Journey, or Wonders of Life........ IMHO. Those pavilions NEED attention out of pure asthetic for starters.While a third theater is important, I wouldnt consider Soarin in dire need of a renovation at the moment. I feel like the same five things get attention all the time.
I also agree with you, but the film on Soarin is ridiculous that THAT is what the pavilion really needs. I mean, really just about all of FW needs a refurb, but I highly doubt that it will be addressed in the near future.

And also, call me crazy, but I kind of like the Soarin' queue.

Progress.City

Was wondering... Could the Jerry Reece (sp?) project be for the new Soaring pre show / queue area?

(assuming the new film was made for Shanghai, that eliminates the actual film which would be a clone and not specific to EC)

Sped2424

1071954_1389998775100_313_379.jpg

??

DisneyGentleman

Some people enjoy learning as they go through life. Others just like being grumpy old curmudgeons.

I'll continue to offer up pieces of industry specific information when I can. You can choose to ignore.

...from the industry-specific Quickcrete website. Just sayin...

vZGcQB2.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom