SOARIN (different versions)

graphite1326

Original Poster
This was just a thought. I am one of the few that likes the new version but this came to me. Why not have different versions of the ride? Kinda like Star Tours. They could keep be the current version. Another could be just the United States maybe going fro Disneyland to WDW seeing different things along the way. Grand Canyon, Mississippi River, Old Faithful, etc. Or even other continents such as Africa or South America.

I know it would be very expensive and most likely will not happen. It was just a thought. But it would keep the ride more interesting since I ride multiple times when I am there.

Goofyernmost

:D

In all seriousness, if it's popular there isn't much of an argument to change it with the way things work today.
To me, although I like the new one slightly better, the only thing that was needed was to change and localize the ending. They did that... I'm fine with the rest.

The Empress Lilly

This was just a thought. I am one of the few that likes the new version but this came to me. Why not have different versions of the ride? Kinda like Star Tours. They could keep be the current version. Another could be just the United States maybe going fro Disneyland to WDW seeing different things along the way. Grand Canyon, Mississippi River, Old Faithful, etc. Or even other continents such as Africa or South America.

I know it would be very expensive and most likely will not happen. It was just a thought. But it would keep the ride more interesting since I ride multiple times when I am there.
There are three theaters. I wish they would devote one to California and play classic Soarin'.

tigger1968

I found myself somewhat disappointed in the updated version when I saw it last year. I thought the music wasn't as stirring as the original, and I felt the new show felt like it had been enhanced with CGI. I walked out wishing that they had kept more of the feel of the original to be honest. With three theaters, perhaps bringing back the old one sometimes would be a fun move.

Cosmic Commando

I don't think there's any rush to do it right now, but eventually I think it could be a simple solution to have "Soarin' Over California" and "Soarin' Around the World" as different attractions. It's themed to an airport at Epcot... makes sense to have different destinations! The original film was a masterpiece; give it some enhanced CGI in a few years and it will still hold up.

Goofyernmost

I found myself somewhat disappointed in the updated version when I saw it last year. I thought the music wasn't as stirring as the original, and I felt the new show felt like it had been enhanced with CGI. I walked out wishing that they had kept more of the feel of the original to be honest. With three theaters, perhaps bringing back the old one sometimes would be a fun move.
Don't want to burst your bubble, but, a lot of the old one was CGI enhanced unless you think that golf ball was really hit that accurately.

NeedMoreMickey

In DCA we waited less then 30 minutes once and walked on the second time. That ended at Disneyland, I hear they all end at the park we it is shown. I enjoyed the new movie but it would be nice to see the original again after a while. Disney is always bringing back old things.

raven

I hear they all end at the park where it is shown.
The new film utilizes a ton of CGI but for the most part, it works. Except for the WDW version adding fake guests and fireworks at the end when they fly over Epcot. This was filmed in the middle of the night several years ago and if you watch closely at the very end after you fly over Spaceship Earth you will notice the parking lot is completely empty. ;)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The new film utilizes a ton of CGI but for the most part, it works. Except for the WDW version adding fake guests and fireworks at the end when they fly over Epcot. This was filmed in the middle of the night several years ago and if you watch closely at the very end after you fly over Spaceship Earth you will notice the parking lot is completely empty. ;)
That's because everyone parked at the TTC and took the monorail over... ;)

OliveMcFly

I'm a bigger fan of 'California' but I do enjoy the Paris scene in this new version. A few weeks ago when I was on we were seated in the first row on the right and I noticed the images were warped. The Pyramids and the Eiffel Tower were curved at the top of the screen. I never noticed an issue with the previous show. Anyone else ever see this?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I'm a bigger fan of 'California' but I do enjoy the Paris scene in this new version. A few weeks ago when I was on we were seated in the first row on the right and I noticed the images were warped. The Pyramids and the Eiffel Tower were curved at the top of the screen. I never noticed an issue with the previous show. Anyone else ever see this?
I've seen others complain about the distortion in the World version...

EOD K9

I've only been able to ride it twice. The first time I was top center and another issues. The second time was third row right and it was warped. I think it depends on where you are sitting.

JIMINYCR

I rode ST multiple times just to see all the various scenes but the ride is thrilling enough to have kept me coming back. I'm uncertain that a multiple scenarioed Soarin (even though I enjoy it as it is), would give me a reason to go back, wait in line over and over again to see them all.

danyoung56

Don't want to burst your bubble, but, a lot of the old one was CGI enhanced unless you think that golf ball was really hit that accurately.

I seem to be busting on you a lot lately, but I wouldn't say "a lot" of CGI exists in the old one. A couple of items, like the golf ball and maybe the hang glider. But most of it is pure scenery. I also have a hard time with the CGI transitions in the current show. It really takes me out of it all to see an elephant throwing up a big snootful of dust at just the right moment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom