Soarin' CM previews today

CTXRover

I just wanted to make one more comment to the above. The reasoning of using the same film as CA serves many purposes. 1) It is easier and cheaper. It also insures a hit. Many times when they clone attraction concepts and change them, there are always those who think the original would have been better (i.e. Dinosaur's ride vehicle and experience was originally inspired by the Indy ride at DL). 2) It allows Soarin' to have a closer tie to the 50th celebration and DL itself while also providing great views of different landscapes fitting the attraction in with the Land. 3) It has the potential to allow them to reintroduce a brand "new" Soarin' for Epcot's 25th, providing another reason to visit Epcot during its 25th while providing another great experience to Epcot NOW.

I do believe the CA film will be received very well as part of a new Land pavilion experience. But that doesn't necessarily mean I don't recognize a different potential with a new film. That is why I too hope and look forward to a new film that covers even more than just CA's beauty sometime in the future. I think there are two different things here. One in which it is believed that a new film would be nice (to which I agree) and the other that the CA film doesn't belong at all (to which I disagree).

imagineer boy

askmike1 said:
I think this was rather smart of Disney (putting in the same film). People will go initially because the ride is new. Plus, there is the fact that many people who go to Epcot have never been to DL. Then, a few years later (the soonest being Epcot's 25th), they put in a new film and everyone comes back to see it.

-Michael

I don't think it is smart. People will be going, "huh? Why are we flying all over California and no place else?" I hope they'll put in a new film soon, but right now this is really cheap and I don't like it.

STGRhost

I don't think it is smart. People will be going, "huh? Why are we flying all over California and no place else?" I hope they'll put in a new film soon, but right now this is really cheap and I don't like it.

I agree. I don't have a huge problem with not getting a new movie, but I think there will be more than a few guests left wondering "Why California? Why ONLY CA?...why not the whole US, or ONLY Florida?..." etc. Will it ruin the experience for them? Probably not, but it might be unsettling.

peter11435

STGRhost said:
I agree. I don't have a huge problem with not getting a new movie, but I think there will be more than a few guests left wondering "Why California? Why ONLY CA?...why not the whole US, or ONLY Florida?..." etc. Will it ruin the experience for them? Probably not, but it might be unsettling.
I don't thing most guests will realize it is only California. Sure they will recognize the Golden Gate Bridge and maybe Disneyland. However, the mountains, golf course, rivers, desert, hot air balloons, and ocean could be anywhere in the US.

askmike1

peter11435 said:
I don't thing most guests will realize it is only California. Sure they will recognize the Golden Gate Bridge and maybe Disneyland. However, the mountains, golf course, rivers, desert, hot air balloons, and ocean could be anywhere in the US.
To tell you the truth, I don't think that most guests would care. Most are tourists who never seen DL. Do people question why jeopardy is in UoE or why just Aerosmith is in RnRC?

-Michael

aquarian_256

i didnt read all the postings in this board, so i dont know all that was said. BUT...I was at soarin about 2 weeks ago and took a tour of it with the maker of the CA one. That was a great time!! :D but...they are thinking of changing the movie at some point after the celebration in DL. They are keeping the old movie as a tribute to the CA attraction. He told our group that they are thinking of changing the movie to either Soarin over the US or over the world. He did say it will not be FL for the fact that FL is flat and there isnt too much to film.

I wish i could have rode it at the time of the tour, but they didnt have the ability to yet, so i cant wait to get on it during cast preview. I did get to see it move and watch the film as they were testing it, but that was it. Also got to see the lefting arm and parts from on top on the cat walk. it was fun and the guy is a great guy!

Montu

Original Poster
DisneyGrl85 said:
Did you have fun Montu? That's what really matters.

Yeah, it's a pretty ok attraction. I've been on the DCA one a number of times so it was nothing surprising or new. I'm honestly pretty indifferent to the ride. It's cool we got something so soon after Space, but i'd be just as happy if we didn't have Soarin', if that makes any sense. I never had a driving desire to ride it in CA, and I've been in DCA several times without riding it at all, but it's cool that we have it.

OliveMcFly

It's cool that you got to ride it early Montu. I'm looking forward to riding it but it's not up there with EE. I still wish they would have had a Florida film instead. Maybe one day.

Brooke

I really don't care that it is the same film from California. I like the film from California. Plus, except for the Golden Gate bridge and some other things you're basically just flying over places like the beach, trees, lakes, golf courses, etc. which everyone doesn't necessarily associate with California. The only thing I wish they would have changed in the film is the ending. You should soar over WDW instead.

But I always thought it would be better if they put a Soarin attraction in The World Showcase. It would be cool to fly over world landmarks like The Eiffel Tower, Big Ben, The Taj Mahal, etc.

aklodge

Brooke said:
I really don't care that it is the same film from California. I like the film from California. Plus, except for the Golden Gate bridge and some other things you're basically just flying over places like the beach, trees, lakes, golf courses, etc. which everyone doesn't necessarily associate with California. The only thing I wish they would have changed in the film is the ending. You should soar over WDW instead.

But I always thought it would be better if they put a Soarin attraction in The World Showcase. It would be cool to fly over world landmarks like The Eiffel Tower, Big Ben, The Taj Mahal, etc.
You have a point about it flying over WDW, but I guess that was just too hard for them to do, sadly. Good Point, though!

Testtrack321

STGRhost said:

As is said before and now again, the scenes are so diverse and different that most Californian's don't know it's all in California if they go to WDW. You see snow capped mountains, rivers, golf cours, orange grove, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom