Soarin' CM previews today

Montu

Original Poster
cornnibblitz said:
Someone in this thread above made reference to the music loop playing in the queue. I wonder if anyone can confirm if it is the same loop of movie music that plays in the queue at DCA (including, for instance, cues from THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN, THE AMERICAN PRESIDENT, DAVE, and PATTON).

It's the same loop as the DCA queue.

Why would someone reply to a question to say "I don't know"? Hmmmm...

askmike1

ScrapIron said:
It's an I Max dome, but instead of being in front and above you, it's in front and below you.
Is it like the big screen in Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin except upside-down?

-Michael

jsreg

Montu said:
It was definitely not by invitation. I rode it several times - trust me, there was no invitation or a need to show one. It was open to ALL cast members, and thus was NOT invitation only.

I never said it was invite only. I did get an invite myself. You were not required to show the invite, just your ID.

Also a great place to ride is A1 left hand side.

Montu

Original Poster
jsreg said:
I never said it was invite only. I did get an invite myself. You were not required to show the invite, just your ID.

Also a great place to ride is A1 left hand side.

Uhhh- why on earth would you want A1 - the furthest possible left side of the screen, to be your choice seat? Curious.

Yes it was by invite. I do have family that works there.

By the way - you said it right there. The point is that the invitations served NO purpose what so ever but to advertise the preview - which was open to *all* cast members. Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to a rock in some of these posts....

jsreg

A1 on the left side is great. You go the highest over the GG Bridge, Mountains, etc. Closest to the Golf Ball and get to watch the jets come all the way in and out. Just a differetn view. Very nice if you can't get B1.

Yes I did say it was by invite. You stated invite ONLY. I never said it was required.

mellie882

askmike1 said:
Is it like the big screen in Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin except upside-down?

-Michael

It is a large IMAX screen. You are raised up (on what is like a ski lift-type, single row of seats) so that you are sitting half way up the screen. Your entire range of view is taken up by the screen. If you try really hard (looking extremely up, down, left, or right), you can see the mechanics, the floor, the ceiling, etc. It is not like Buzz Lightyear, in that the screen does not wrap around at all. It's just such a huge screen that sitting in the middle of it takes up your whole range of vision.

imagineer99

I just wanted to say that I appreciate the information.

Having never been on the DCA ride, I look forward to riding. Nevertheless, I have a strange feeling that we'll be "Soarin'" over California for a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time to come.

I would not be surprised if they NEVER change the film. Hopefully, Disney proves me wrong.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
there is absolutely nothing wrong with a clone of a GOOD attraction.

But the second I see Stitch Escape going west, I'll handcuff myself to the R in the California sign :D

missionspace

Where is the projector located? Is it behind the screen? And what is the quality of the image?

If I'm correct there is wind,orange,pine and ocean smell, anything I'm missing?

Is this A good ride?

THANKS!!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I don't know if anyone has described the screen this way, but if the WDW version is anything at all like DCA, the screen is very similar to the one in Back to the Future in Universal Orlando

STGRhost

Is Kronk in the preshow?
I haven't seen it, but I do know that Patrick Warburton was in Florida last year (November?) to do filming/voicework (dunno which) for the FL version. I love him.... :slurp:

Montu

Original Poster
Glite82 said:
The actual Preview for Soarin is April 7-10..... Also Montu can u please tell me who u kno who works at Soarin... Thats if u kno ppl who work there.

I do know a handful of people at Soarin' - but that's not how I found out about the previews or anything. Aside from one of them, I actually haven't even been in touch with any of them since their transfers went through.

Montu

Original Poster
STGRhost said:
I haven't seen it, but I do know that Patrick Warburton was in Florida last year (November?) to do filming/voicework (dunno which) for the FL version. I love him.... :slurp:

Yeah - the preshow is in the same format as the DCA one, hosted by Kronk. The only changes are "Welcome to Soarin'." instead of "Welcome to Soarin' Over California" at the beginning of it, and "Enjoy the rest of your day at Epcot, or wherever your final destination may bring you" as opposed to "Enjoy the rest of your day at Condor Flats, or..."

Made me chuckle to think they paid him to come back to make such miiiiiinor changes that could have probably quite easily been done with some computer editing..

KumbaRider

Great update, thanks....
Does anyone know if (I know no one has access to the Land....) how far away from The Land the actual Soarin' building is. I know it's behind Imagination and it's probably a bit of a walk to get to the building since the Land is closed....but if you have any idea of how far one actually will walk once inside the Land I'm just curious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom