Soarin' CM previews today

ISTCrew20

MickeyMan101 said:
Can we get some pictures people?!?!?! Hello Details Details Details! Sorry I didnt mean to be so demanding but i'm so excited!
I don't think any cameras were allowed, and if they were, those who took pictures had to be very discreet. I didn't even bring my camera because I was so excited to ride.

t3techcom18

Umm....I don't want to sound rude or anything, by I just want to ask how you guys got on the ride. Sure, I understand that some of you are CM's, I understand that, but my Dad's a CM, and he would have told me, and we would have gone today! :fork: I'm a bit envious, that's all. :animwink:

missionspace

?'s

I was wondering is the screen big?

I was also wondering If you can tell us more about what you think of the ride itself, your opinion! Is it a good ride or great?
and how does it compare to some of the other rides?

Montu

Original Poster
xfkirsten said:
Are the sections numbered the same way that they are here at DCA? Left (as you face the screen) is A, middle is B, right is C? Front row 1, middle row 2, back row 3?

I'm always very picky about where I sit, because IMHO there's a biiig difference in experience...

Yep - labeled exactly the same. A, B, C,.... 1,2,3. B2 or B1 are the best places to sit given the choice.

Much like my experiences at DCA - a lot of smell troubles on this one too so far. First ride had no smells (on C) and second ride had only the ocean smell (on B).

ISTCrew20

t3techcom18 said:
Umm....I don't want to sound rude or anything, by I just want to ask how you guys got on the ride. Sure, I understand that some of you are CM's, I understand that, but my Dad's a CM, and he would have told me, and we would have gone today! :fork: I'm a bit envious, that's all. :animwink:
It was an "unannounced" castmember preview. Word just got around. There was probably about 400/500 people that rode today.

Montu

Original Poster
mkt said:
can any CM's PM me the preview schedule?

Are you even still a Cast Member?

April 8, 9 and 10 are the correct dates. As it stands right now, only CMs, no family/friends - but that "could change".

ISTCrew20

Montu said:
Yep - labeled exactly the same. A, B, C,.... 1,2,3. B2 or B1 are the best places to sit given the choice.

Much like my experiences at DCA - a lot of smell troubles on this one too so far. First ride had no smells (on C) and second ride had only the ocean smell (on B).
The first time, I could only smell the orange smell. The second time, I could only smell the ocean. But since the smells weren't really overpowering, it was hard to tell the difference.

Montu

Original Poster
t3techcom18 said:

It doesn't matter who your dad is. If *you* are not a CM you *would not* have gotten on.

Montu

Original Poster
wdwmagic said:
Thanks for the info guys. Any idea how FASTPASS will be handled on this? Locations of machines etc

Hey Steve,

As far as queue- it all goes down the same hallway, but FP is seperated on one side with a wall, and then the normal queue is on the other side - just like how a lot of attractions do it these days... Pooh, Track, etc.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Montu said:
Are you even still a Cast Member?

nope, but I have friends in good places within WDW that owe me favors right now.. favors that a yellow ID won't get you granted. I just have to make a few phone calls now.

Montu said:
but that "could change".

that is correct... just remember Mission: Space, one week after CM previews, regular guests were riding it. Sooner than that for Stitch.

Montu

Original Poster
Glite82 said:
Yes it was today for special invited CM to do a ride test... so when we actually do a Cast Preview We will be all ready and set for them (April 8 Epcot April 9 & 10 Rest of Disney World). Plus when AP Previews April 15-17 we could have everything right. Im not certain about Soft opening but I think it will be in the near future. It all depends on WDI .

It was not "special invited CMs"!!! Anyone with an ID was allowed inside. There was absolutely nothing elite about it!

Montu

Original Poster
mkt said:
that is correct... just remember Mission: Space, one week after CM previews, regular guests were riding it. Sooner than that for Stitch.

There's a HUGE difference here though - Neither of those two attractions relied on guest access through a completely unfinished building. Those attractions were done, for all intents and purposes. Soarin' is a LOT different right now - while IT is done - the entire rest of the Land isn't close yet.

Montu

Original Poster
xfkirsten said:
Theoretically you should...

You've been on the DCA version - does it HONESTLY surprise you that the smells aren't working? I've had so many rides on the DCA version with that same problem. At least this version can use the "It's not finished" excuse to make it ok... for now.

Montu

Original Poster
Glite82 said:
Yes ur right about anyone with the proper id was allowed but it was still an invite only. So that invite was from one of the managers or one of the Flight Crew Invites.

It was absolutely not invite only. It was cast members only. If that's what you're calling an elite, invitation only preview, then fine.

It's what I'd call a "cast preview" personally.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom