So, You Want to be an Imagineer: Uniting Universal! (Round One)

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Welcome, one and all to a very unique season of So, You Want to be an Imagineer. This will be a season without a proper cast. A season built upon a single theme. A season where people can come and go and contribute as they wish to a huge hodge-podge of different Universe IPs. Welcome one and all to So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 15: Uniting Universal!

There will be a bracket system in place later to establish a winner at the end of the season, but for now what were going to concentrate on is the seven rounds of Open Brainstorming action where anyone in the community can participate in the fun. The goal is to build the ULTIMATE Universal Resort which will compete head to head with ManEatingWreath's dream Disneyland Australia project in Sydney, Australia. Universal Australia Resort will be comprised of two resort hotels, a water park, a proper "Universal Studios" theme park, and an "Islands of Adventure" to act as a second gate. Just because this is a mirror of what's at the Orlando property doesn't mean it's a clone...far from it.

The goal of Universal Australia is to unite the company back to its roots and to concentrate on the franchises that made Universal Studios great to begin with. We'll be accomplishing this through 14 different prompts you will be working from over the next seven weeks. At the start of each round we'll have 48 hours worth of voting from the community on which projects they'd like to work on. From there I'll spit everyone off into two teams. One headed by myself, the other headed by a special guest each and every round!

At the end of the week you'll all present your prompts, BlueDragonFive and I will have a live podcast discussing the progress made to Universal Australia, and we'll reward a gold, silver, and bronze medal to the hardest working people on both teams. The medals WILL come into play after the first seven rounds, but for now just think of them as rewards for hard work, dedication, and outstanding creativity.

With that in mind, it's time to introduce the prompts!

Universal Australia Theme Park

-Create a next generation "Back to the Future" ride

-Create a Halloween Horror Nights themed entirely around the classic Universal Monsters.

-Create an E-Ticket attraction themed around Psycho/Bates Motel

-Create an attraction based off a Don Bluth animated film (The Secret of NYHM, An American Tail, The Land Before Time, All Dogs Go to Heaven, Anatasia etc.)

-Create a third "Wizarding World of Harry Potter" not set in Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley.

-Create a next generation "Jaws" E Ticket attraction.

Universal Australia Islands of Adventure

-Create a Jurassic World land anchored by a completely original E-Ticket.

-Create an "Island" based off the How to Train Your Dragons franchise, complete with an E Ticket.

-Design a "King Kong" theater experience.

-Design a new Seuss Landing with completely original Dr. Seuss themed attractions.

-Create a land that connects to an area in Universal Australia Theme Park and design an attraction that connects the two ala the Hogwarts Express.

-Design a new "Landmark" for Universal Australia Islands of Adventure and the E-Ticket set inside of it.

Universal Australia Resort
-Design a highly themed water park.
-Design a highly themed Luxury Hotel
-Design a highly themed Budget Hotel
-Design a highly themed next generation CityWalk

Please cast your vote for one project from each of the three categories. At the end of two days the projects with the most votes will be divided up into teams and brainstorming will commence!

D Hulk

First vote, to get the ball rolling! This competition concept intrigues me, especially how friendly it is to drop-in brainstormers in the first several weeks while I'm most busy off-site in a grueling Imagineering Tournament of Champions.

Anyway, for Universal Studios: Jaws E-ticket

For Islands of Adventure: New Seuss Landing

For the resort: Highly-themed budget hotel

Lookin' forward to this! :)

spacemt354

Chili's
My votes!

Universal: WWoHP
IoA: New Suess Landing
Resort: Highly themed water park

*Take these votes with a grain of salt though because I probably won't be able to contribute much for the first few rounds. For the people who will be more active I'd weight their votes more so they get to do things that they want to.

I'll be able to contribute more as the summer goes on but I'll also be doing The Great Movie Comp as well as D Hindley's TPA comp so I'll float in from time to time to help:)

warfelg

I'm looking to get more involved here so:
Universal Studios: New Back to the Future ride.
IoA: New "Landmark"
For the resort: Next Gen Citywalk.

Edit: It might be a bit late and I hope it doesn't throw anything off but if you could get me in there I would love it!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom