So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 15: Uniting Universal (Official Hub Thread)

spacemt354

Chili's
Universal%2Btheme%2Bpark%2Bmap.jpg

Lands include
- Paris
- New York
- Hong Kong
- Illumination Station
- Nintendo World
- Jurassic World
- American Mystery

Tons of locations left open and now that I have it on a paint doc, it'll be much easier to edit and make adjustments for ride ideas/restaurants/shops --- have some of the major attraction titles listed, but for several of them, it's still up to us what type of ride they will be. Thoughts and feedback welcome!
Any thoughts on this layout? Changes/suggestions?
@Disney Dad 3000
@tcool123
@mickeyfan5534

spacemt354

Chili's

Lands include
- Paris
- New York
- Hong Kong
- Illumination Station
- Nintendo World
- Jurassic World
- American Mystery

Tons of locations left open and now that I have it on a paint doc, it'll be much easier to edit and make adjustments for ride ideas/restaurants/shops --- have some of the major attraction titles listed, but for several of them, it's still up to us what type of ride they will be. Thoughts and feedback welcome!
@kmbmw777
@Brer Oswald
@The90skid

spacemt354

Chili's

Lands include
- Paris
- New York
- Hong Kong
- Illumination Station
- Nintendo World
- Jurassic World
- American Mystery

@Disneylover152
@Poe Dameron
@StevenU

Disney Dad 3000

Any thoughts on this layout? Changes/suggestions?
@Disney Dad 3000
@tcool123
@mickeyfan5534

Pretty good from what I see so far. I think i saw someone make the point, may have been @D Hindley, that I like the idea of having ninentdo and IS clustered nearby each other. Saves parents from having to usher their kids past the Bates motel. :)

I personally love all the water (scope, views, transport, etc). To me it does so much, big and small, for Disney's parks.

I'll have to go back and read through but what all besides the attractions was proposed for Hong Kong area? Would be great if there was some way to get a portion of it waterfront, maybe on the resort causeway? The real life HK waterfront is stunning in images. Could possibly even flip flop Bourne and whatever the Stunt Show will be, and have a lock so water could flow into the stunt theater for some aquatic action scenes.

Brer Oswald

@spacemt354 Sorry forgot to check on here the last few days :p. As for ideas, if we are going to connect Nintendo themed areas, let it be because they are a part of the same franchise, not just because they are both Nintendo properties. For instance, if we do the space themed Nintendo area with the Mario Galaxy ride, we could tie it with the Mario land in the other park, maybe through transportation on Rainbow Road for instance. Conversely, if the other park is going to have a more realistic adventure theme, maybe connect the Mushroom Kingdom with a Mario Odyssey area in the other park (this upcoming game has several of its levels based on real world locations, so it may fit better). We don't need to connect Mario to Zelda just because they are Nintendo. Also, another idea, maybe we could do a ride that features both Donkey Kong and King Kong? Maybe it's overkill, but I think it could lead to some interesting scenarios.

spacemt354

Chili's
@spacemt354 Sorry forgot to check on here the last few days :p. As for ideas, if we are going to connect Nintendo themed areas, let it be because they are a part of the same franchise, not just because they are both Nintendo properties. For instance, if we do the space themed Nintendo area with the Mario Galaxy ride, we could tie it with the Mario land in the other park, maybe through transportation on Rainbow Road for instance. Conversely, if the other park is going to have a more realistic adventure theme, maybe connect the Mushroom Kingdom with a Mario Odyssey area in the other park (this upcoming game has several of its levels based on real world locations, so it may fit better). We don't need to connect Mario to Zelda just because they are Nintendo. Also, another idea, maybe we could do a ride that features both Donkey Kong and King Kong? Maybe it's overkill, but I think it could lead to some interesting scenarios.
I'll let @D Hindley chime in on this when he gets a chance because i think he's been looking into a Zelda land:geek:

And no worries - thanks for the feedback!

spacemt354

Chili's
Pretty good from what I see so far. I think i saw someone make the point, may have been @D Hindley, that I like the idea of having ninentdo and IS clustered nearby each other. Saves parents from having to usher their kids past the Bates motel. :)

I personally love all the water (scope, views, transport, etc). To me it does so much, big and small, for Disney's parks.

I'll have to go back and read through but what all besides the attractions was proposed for Hong Kong area? Would be great if there was some way to get a portion of it waterfront, maybe on the resort causeway? The real life HK waterfront is stunning in images. Could possibly even flip flop Bourne and whatever the Stunt Show will be, and have a lock so water could flow into the stunt theater for some aquatic action scenes.
Thanks! For the Hong Kong area it isnt too well developed aside from the few attractions --I like your idea for flipping the stunt show and bourne to have the water be an aspect of it!

spacemt354

Chili's
Would you think the Hilton Isla Nublar would go in the middle of the park so it would have the same views as in the film, or go behind the land on the river?
Hmm - good question! I'll have to think about it. For the time being, I have it placed behind the theme park and Jurassic World. I was thinking a tropical jungle themed water park might go well and mesh the whole area together.

Here's a rough sketch of the resort layout - with question marks around Uni SEA as well as the surrounding waterways as that layout as not been done yet.
5988254726357765056%253Faccount_id%253D9

spacemt354

Chili's
First off have a safe flight! :)

For the shared worlds - I'm in favor of Fantastic Beasts and a New York area rather than Ministry of Magic if everyone is okay with that! I think just for unique sake, having the Hogwarts Express going just through UniSEA and not connecting to New York or anything would be a good solution!

And for your Hogwarts boutique resort concept - I have some blueprints and thoughts for you already! :D And love the boat dock at the front - I envisioned the same thing!

20170622_043517.jpg

For the top left map of Hogwarts and the Hogwarts Grounds
1 - Lobby (Floor 1)
2 - Great Hall (Floor 4)
3 - Moving Staircases (Floors 1-4)
4 - Gryffindor (Floors 4-14)
5 - Slytherin (Floors 4-14)
6 - Chamber of Secrets (basement)
7 - Dumbledore's Office (4th floor)
8 - Hufflepuff (Floors 4-11)
9 - Ravenclaw (Floors 4-11)
10 - Room of Requirement (Floors 2-4)
11 - Greenhouse (Floor 4)
12 - Potions (Floor 4)
13 - Transfiguation (Floor 4)
14 - Hagrid's Hut (Hogwarts Grounds)
15 - Quidditch Pitch
16 - Dark Forest

Dining
-The Great Hall is a large scale Breakfast and Dinner Buffet - but similar to Ohana at Disney's Polynesian Resort - it is a buffet, but hosts and hostesses bring you the food, rather than having everyone get up and ruining the illusion of the Great Hall.
- There's also a food court in the main quad near the Hufflepuff/Ravenclaw Common Rooms.
- A small tea room is located near Professor Sprout's Greenhouse.
- Each common room has room-service options as well.
- In addition, while technically in-park food - Hagrid's Hut is a quick service venue and the Quidditch Pitch has a marketplace as well categorized as quick service.

Amenities
- The Room of Requirement is a recreational facility with a sprawling workout facility, spa, and health club, and the resort's main pool. The 5th Floor Prefects Bathroom is a indoor quiet pool. Similar to Disney's Grand Floridian in the main lobby - there are a variety of shops (Harry Potter themed) around the main lobby concourse, for instance
- The Greenhouse - plants and flowers from Professor Sprout
- Potions - perfumes, and other concoctions from Professor Snape
- Transfiguation - antique spot
- Charms - jewelry and other delicacies.

*A note that if you purchase a 'wand' or have a wand from another Harry Potter venue in Universal Japan, Orlando, or Hollywood - the wand will interact with all of these environments in Hogwarts. If you walk into the Potions class, you'll be able to go up to certain locations and mix potions, perform spells, and much more.

Special Locations
- The Chamber of Secrets - particularly open during Halloween Horror Nights, the Chamber of Secrets comes alive with a large basilik animatronic that you have to use the sword of Gryffindor to defend against.
- Dumbledore's Office - here you can interact with the Pensive, which is a vacation photo pick-up spot (looking into the past) and Fawks (an animatronic in the resort) that will mysteriously turn to ashes and then rise from the ashes at certain points during the day.
- The 3rd Floor - be warned there may be a 3 headed dog
- The Library - a full-fledged library which doubles as a conference center.

Holiday Overlays
- Halloween and Christmas decorations abound. Can tie in with Halloween Horror Nights including Dementors, Trolls, tons of stuff.

----------------

Lastly with Jurassic World - I'm thinking completely new experiences and not the River Adventure, so adopting it for UniSEA and Kong would be perfect!
@QuillPenn assuming you enjoy harry potter from your username:D Do you have any recommendations for a Hogwarts boutique resort?

spacemt354

Chili's
First off have a safe flight! :)

For the shared worlds - I'm in favor of Fantastic Beasts and a New York area rather than Ministry of Magic if everyone is okay with that! I think just for unique sake, having the Hogwarts Express going just through UniSEA and not connecting to New York or anything would be a good solution!

And for your Hogwarts boutique resort concept - I have some blueprints and thoughts for you already! :D And love the boat dock at the front - I envisioned the same thing!

20170622_043517.jpg

For the top left map of Hogwarts and the Hogwarts Grounds
1 - Lobby (Floor 1)
2 - Great Hall (Floor 4)
3 - Moving Staircases (Floors 1-4)
4 - Gryffindor (Floors 4-14)
5 - Slytherin (Floors 4-14)
6 - Chamber of Secrets (basement)
7 - Dumbledore's Office (4th floor)
8 - Hufflepuff (Floors 4-11)
9 - Ravenclaw (Floors 4-11)
10 - Room of Requirement (Floors 2-4)
11 - Greenhouse (Floor 4)
12 - Potions (Floor 4)
13 - Transfiguation (Floor 4)
14 - Hagrid's Hut (Hogwarts Grounds)
15 - Quidditch Pitch
16 - Dark Forest

Dining
-The Great Hall is a large scale Breakfast and Dinner Buffet - but similar to Ohana at Disney's Polynesian Resort - it is a buffet, but hosts and hostesses bring you the food, rather than having everyone get up and ruining the illusion of the Great Hall.
- There's also a food court in the main quad near the Hufflepuff/Ravenclaw Common Rooms.
- A small tea room is located near Professor Sprout's Greenhouse.
- Each common room has room-service options as well.
- In addition, while technically in-park food - Hagrid's Hut is a quick service venue and the Quidditch Pitch has a marketplace as well categorized as quick service.

Amenities
- The Room of Requirement is a recreational facility with a sprawling workout facility, spa, and health club, and the resort's main pool. The 5th Floor Prefects Bathroom is a indoor quiet pool. Similar to Disney's Grand Floridian in the main lobby - there are a variety of shops (Harry Potter themed) around the main lobby concourse, for instance
- The Greenhouse - plants and flowers from Professor Sprout
- Potions - perfumes, and other concoctions from Professor Snape
- Transfiguation - antique spot
- Charms - jewelry and other delicacies.

*A note that if you purchase a 'wand' or have a wand from another Harry Potter venue in Universal Japan, Orlando, or Hollywood - the wand will interact with all of these environments in Hogwarts. If you walk into the Potions class, you'll be able to go up to certain locations and mix potions, perform spells, and much more.

Special Locations
- The Chamber of Secrets - particularly open during Halloween Horror Nights, the Chamber of Secrets comes alive with a large basilik animatronic that you have to use the sword of Gryffindor to defend against.
- Dumbledore's Office - here you can interact with the Pensive, which is a vacation photo pick-up spot (looking into the past) and Fawks (an animatronic in the resort) that will mysteriously turn to ashes and then rise from the ashes at certain points during the day.
- The 3rd Floor - be warned there may be a 3 headed dog
- The Library - a full-fledged library which doubles as a conference center.

Holiday Overlays
- Halloween and Christmas decorations abound. Can tie in with Halloween Horror Nights including Dementors, Trolls, tons of stuff.

----------------

Lastly with Jurassic World - I'm thinking completely new experiences and not the River Adventure, so adopting it for UniSEA and Kong would be perfect!
Calling other Potter fans if they have any suggestions for this as well:bookworm:
@Voxel
@Tony the Tigger
@MonorailRed

Suchomimus

Lol I know you are (the tags were for some who might not have seen the thread yet!) Maybe a scavenger hunt for horcruxes?
Maybe have some the items be the horcruxes found at Hogwarts (with an exception being Helga Hupplepuff's Goblet), others be something different like from a class or a certain student and teacher from the books and movies like a bottle of gillyweed from Potion Class or Colin Creevy's camera.

kmbmw777

While these ideas sound nice, we need to keep in mind that Universal has so many IPs to use so we should not make the majority of a park themed to Nintendo.

Now, in order to connect the parks, what about utilizing Super Smash Bros. This seems to be the best of all worlds, as you could incorporate multiple stories into the ride, and make it far more than just transport.

An idea for a story would be Smash Bros: Civil War (something which was in Phase three of my NCU which I really want to work on more :/ ). Mario, Fox, Kirby, and more crazy IPs on one side, battling against Link, Samus, Fire Emblem characters, and more realistic/ story-driven IPs on the other. Obviously this has been done before, perhaps it could build off Brawl's Subspace Emissary?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom