Pre-Trip So this just happened over a game of rummy...And we're going live!

We're back...

Long story short, maybe, a few weeks ago I started a new job that afforded me a 5-day weekend for this fourth of July. The short notice left us with little time to plan a vacation and we have been resigned to a staycation. We had been checking the DVC availability for a few weeks to no avail and even the cash rooms seemed out of the question. We accepted the fact that we would just hang out in North Georgia for a long weekend....until tonight. For whatever reason, maybe it was the Victory Blackboard series no.6 in our glasses, we hammered out a last minute trip to PoP while playing rummy during dinner...what the heck?!?!
CA9DEA0C-2D7A-439D-B169-55DD9FE2736A.jpg

The kid informed us that she had the weekend off and I looked to @imahistorygeek and asked if she could be off. Without hesitation she said "for Disney, yes!" About three minutes later and a few internet searches we found that PoP was available for long weekend on the cheap! We pulled the trigger and now in five nights we will return to the bubble....on a whim! Absolutely ZERO has been planned so we will see where things take us. Disney Springs seems to be in the future for the ladies and a few late nights at the parks for the DW and I.

Stay tuned for more and maybe a semi-live TR

Last edited:

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Very cool!! Enjoy the last minute vacation. Nothing beats that unplanned, lets go trip! Cheers
Worry not, there will be a few Untappd check-ins from pool side. I need to go stock up on some cans of quality craft. The short notice of this trip did not afford me enough time to get my Victory can order in. Might end up being and Old Chub variety weekend.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Use the coffee pot. The heat plate is kinda the same as an electric kettle.
View attachment 212311

View attachment 212312

It's kinda redneck, but it works

OMG! This is brilliant! :joyfull: I'm always amazed at what I learn when I read the forums.

@imahistorygeek , not sure what appliances you'll have in your hotel room, but I've often used the Keurig (or similar type of coffee pod machines) for hot water as well, and that can be mixed in with instant oatmeal. Different resorts have different coffee makers. (Actually, I've stayed over at the Swan for the past 6-7 years, and the coffee maker worked out fine for more than just coffee. Haven't stayed in an actual Disney hotel for quite some time.)

imahistorygeek

@imahistorygeek , not sure what appliances you'll have in your hotel room, but I've often used the Keurig (or similar type of coffee pod machines) for hot water as well, and that can be mixed in with instant oatmeal. Different resorts have different coffee makers. (Actually, I've stayed over at the Swan for the past 6-7 years, and the coffee maker worked out fine for more than just coffee. Haven't stayed in an actual Disney hotel for quite some time.)

We know DVC accommodations consist of a standard coffee pot. I believe deluxe cash have something like a Keurig. We stayed in Pop last March for a conference and there was no coffeemaker. I'm not expecting a coffeemaker in our room this time. We're going to bring one along with us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom