Pre-Trip So this just happened over a game of rummy...And we're going live!

We're back...

Long story short, maybe, a few weeks ago I started a new job that afforded me a 5-day weekend for this fourth of July. The short notice left us with little time to plan a vacation and we have been resigned to a staycation. We had been checking the DVC availability for a few weeks to no avail and even the cash rooms seemed out of the question. We accepted the fact that we would just hang out in North Georgia for a long weekend....until tonight. For whatever reason, maybe it was the Victory Blackboard series no.6 in our glasses, we hammered out a last minute trip to PoP while playing rummy during dinner...what the heck?!?!
CA9DEA0C-2D7A-439D-B169-55DD9FE2736A.jpg

The kid informed us that she had the weekend off and I looked to @imahistorygeek and asked if she could be off. Without hesitation she said "for Disney, yes!" About three minutes later and a few internet searches we found that PoP was available for long weekend on the cheap! We pulled the trigger and now in five nights we will return to the bubble....on a whim! Absolutely ZERO has been planned so we will see where things take us. Disney Springs seems to be in the future for the ladies and a few late nights at the parks for the DW and I.

Stay tuned for more and maybe a semi-live TR

Last edited:

imahistorygeek

Fingers crossed we will get a refurbed room. I'm curious to see how these rooms will look in person. They look drab over pictures and do not seem to follow Pop Century theming. I can't seem to find a clear answer on coffee pots in the refurbed rooms. If we do snag a refurb, are there coffee pots in the rooms? I know they are not in the non-refurbs. We will bring one just in case, but it would be nice to not have to use ours.

A question for you DVCers out there: I think I read that we receive 20% off Joffreys. Does this mean individual cups of coffee at Pop as well?

MySmallWorldof4

I love that the cat is sitting in an Amazon box on the table. Good manners. Mine like to mistake the placemats for cat beds.

I'll have to try a box on the table and see what happens. :D

Have fun at Pop!
Looking forward to another TR from you guys! :)At least your cat knows that a box is a box. We have a cat that cannot be trusted around any cardboard box, if you know what I mean.;)

imahistorygeek

Completed check-in at Pop. We booked through Expedia. I'm a gold+ member, so there was a dedicated number. Not sure if it made things move faster, but call was answered in less than 1 minute. The customer service rep did not have the Disney confirmation number. She called Pop while I was on the line for the number. Less than a couple of minutes later I had my number and linked the reservation.

After some serious internet research (about 1 minute), I learned that the 90s building has finished its refurb. I requested 90s building and top floor, in that order. Fingers crossed we get a refurbed room. If not, no big deal.

I've selected evening FPs. I was surprised that a lot of good rides (aka the ones we like) were available this close to our trip date.
No ADRs have been made. It's food court and other quick service. Sophie and I will go to Disney Springs to check out the newness and she's really into Basin right now AND she has money to spend because she has a job. It's burning a hole.

We had planned on eating breakfast in the room. What are opinions on bringing a cheap, electric kettle for hot water so we can eat tasty oatmeal?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom