Pre-Trip So this just happened over a game of rummy...And we're going live!

We're back...

Long story short, maybe, a few weeks ago I started a new job that afforded me a 5-day weekend for this fourth of July. The short notice left us with little time to plan a vacation and we have been resigned to a staycation. We had been checking the DVC availability for a few weeks to no avail and even the cash rooms seemed out of the question. We accepted the fact that we would just hang out in North Georgia for a long weekend....until tonight. For whatever reason, maybe it was the Victory Blackboard series no.6 in our glasses, we hammered out a last minute trip to PoP while playing rummy during dinner...what the heck?!?!
CA9DEA0C-2D7A-439D-B169-55DD9FE2736A.jpg

The kid informed us that she had the weekend off and I looked to @imahistorygeek and asked if she could be off. Without hesitation she said "for Disney, yes!" About three minutes later and a few internet searches we found that PoP was available for long weekend on the cheap! We pulled the trigger and now in five nights we will return to the bubble....on a whim! Absolutely ZERO has been planned so we will see where things take us. Disney Springs seems to be in the future for the ladies and a few late nights at the parks for the DW and I.

Stay tuned for more and maybe a semi-live TR

Last edited:

lostpro9het

Original Poster
So after a bit of cards the kid decided she wanted a bite to eat. She chose wisely with this turkey sandwich. I was impressed with the quality from the Maji pool bar.
IMG_0203.JPG
IMG_0202.JPG
IMG_0204.JPG

A little while later a CM came by checking magic bands. Hats off to Disney, I appreciate the due diligence. We were kindly asked, at our earliest convenience, to leave the pool at some time during the day. I told Frank, no problem, and a few minutes later the DW and I were at POP getting our lunch on

She went with the BBQ sandwich and I had the turkey and two sides. The kid, who just ate, opted for a tie dye dessert. TiW saves us again too!
IMG_0205.JPG

IMG_0206.JPG

IMG_0207.JPG

IMG_0208.JPG

So this is us for now, we'll probably pool it up for a little bit before making for The Wave later this afternoon.
IMG_0209.JPG

Last edited:

lostpro9het

Original Poster
I completely forgot you weren't staying at AKL when I saw the pool pic. Aren't DVC members allowed to pool hop?
There are two pools off limits to DVC members pool hopping that I know of; Kidani's pool and Stormalong Bay. Honestly, we knew this going in so we were really rolling the dice. No worries, we got a few hours at our home resort and I honestly believe Frank had no problem with us staying, he was so darn polite about it that I felt bad about taking advantage of his generosity and kindness.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
There are two pools off limits to DVC members pool hopping that I know of; Kidani's pool and Stormalong Bay. Honestly, we knew this going in so we were really rolling the dice. No worries, we got a few hours at our home resort and I honestly believe Frank had no problem with us staying, he was so darn polite about it that I felt bad about taking advantage of his generosity and kindness.
Most pools but today starts a blackout period for DVC.
Thanks guys! :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
That does work - but if you think that's "kinda redneck", we've used the hair dryer to heat up cups of milk and creamer we keep on ice in the cooler for coffee. (Sure...roll eyes if you must, but it kept the coffee hot a lot longer!)

We may or may not have used aforementioned hair dryer to heat up cold pizza one extremely late night when we were too exhausted to walk from our boondocks-located building to the food court microwave.

It worked surprisingly well...a real MacGyver moment, I tell ya. (For the under 40 crowd, just disregard last line.) :hilarious:

Ha! I'm enjoying all these tips! These are great!! :joyfull:

lostpro9het

Original Poster
So we showered up and took a small nap before driving to The Contemporary Resort for some shopping. We immediately hopped on a monorail to head for the GF. The monorails were a bit muggy tonight.
IMG_0213.JPG
IMG_0214.JPG
IMG_0215.JPG

We made it to the GF and the kid was on a mission for bath bombs from Basin so she filled up while I walked. I ended up trying the hand scrub and it was actually quite nice.
IMG_0218.JPG

IMG_0217.JPG

IMG_0219.JPG

On to The Wave!
IMG_0220.JPG

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Well AH Was ok. I was a bit miffed that they've been out of flight trays since Tuesday and they were just going to put all 6 scoops in one cup! I asked for six cups and they said "no, the most we can give you is two". Anyway, it's ice cream and they made me regret not going to B&C :( The sky is looking menacing but the breeze feels amazing! We're about to do a little shopping before heading to DTD for more shopping and some dinner, maybe the Polite Pig.

View attachment 213039 View attachment 213040

I went to Ample Hills about 3 days after they originally opened, on the Boardwalk. I thought the ice cream was very good; but I've had good ice cream on Main Street USA, and also over at the Fountain, at the Dolphin hotel. I also like Ghiradelli's in Disney Marketplace. (Oddly enough, never been to B&C, but have only heard rave reviews of that location.)

So there's great ice cream all over, but I can't say that Ample Hills was really any better than most other ice cream places.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
This is about our 4th or 5th time at The Wave and each time has been excellent, today is no exception. We started off with drinks; mango smoothie for the kid, a cigar city brown for the DW, and a Delirium Tremens for myself.
IMG_0222.JPG
IMG_0224.JPG

We placed our order and we're soon presented with our house bread and sea salt butter.
IMG_0225.JPG

IMG_0226.JPG

Soon our orders arrived.the kid went with the pan noodles with chicken, DW went with the chili rubbed chicken, and I went with the short ribs. The food was excellent again and we scored more savings with the TiW!
IMG_0227.JPG

IMG_0228.JPG

IMG_0229.JPG

After dinner we dropped the kid off at the room so she could use a bath bomb while we hit up AK.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
I
Glad to hear the Maji pool bar food is palatable. J has asked for me to find out your favorite beer on property so he can give it a try and find out if you have good taste. :happy:
He should know from my Untappd whether I am worthy. Best on property is tough. I could probably do best by park or restaurant.
Best at AKL is Golden Monkey, obviously.
Best at EC will be a coin toss between two Unibroue brews: Trois Pistoles or La Fin du Monde.
Best at HS: La Fun du Monde
Best at AK: Golden monkey, HM to Wakulla Hefeweizen at Nomad Lounge

Again, Joe knows what flights my fancy and I'd be happy to share a GM at the Poly pool come semptember.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
So we're here at AK and I thought it would be busier. It's over cast and cool...for Florida.
IMG_0231.JPG
IMG_0233.JPG

We made for Nomad Lounge for some drinks and relaxation. As we came up on the lounge I caught a glimpse of this
IMG_0235.JPG

Am I the only one that sees Audrey II from LSoH shooting out of the trees?!?!

Anyway, NL was not at all busy and we had a sofa to ourselves. DW went with a Dalang's Delight and I had a Wakulla Hefeweizen.
IMG_0234.JPG

IMG_0236.JPG

IMG_0237.JPG

Zipadeelady

He should know from my Untappd whether I am worthy. Best on property is tough. I could probably do best by park or restaurant.
Best at AKL is Golden Monkey, obviously.
Best at EC will be a coin toss between two Unibroue brews: Trois Pistoles or La Fin du Monde.
Best at HS: La Fun du Monde
Best at AK: Golden monkey, HM to Wakulla Hefeweizen at Nomad Lounge

Again, Joe knows what flights my fancy and I'd be happy to share a GM at the Poly pool come semptember.
Joe would love to share a GM. He likes to talk beer but once he starts talking IBU's and APV's my eyes start to glaze over.

I'll tell him your recommendations.

Zipadeelady

So we're here at AK and I thought it would be busier. It's over cast and cool...for Florida.
View attachment 213431 View attachment 213432

We made for Nomad Lounge for some drinks and relaxation. As we came up on the lounge I caught a glimpse of this
View attachment 213433

Am I the only one that sees Audrey II from LSoH shooting out of the trees?!?!

Anyway, NL was not at all busy and we had a sofa to ourselves. DW went with a Dalang's Delight and I had a Wakulla Hefeweizen.
View attachment 213434
View attachment 213435
View attachment 213436
Love the Audrey II. DD played Audrey in her school musical, plus she's a Disney freak so she will be ecstatic seeing that. She'll be coming down in December with the school Marching Band and definitely want a picture of that.

I'll also let Joe know that your trying to compete with his beard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom