So this could get a little tricky

VictoriaLynn83

Original Poster
Hey y'all! So we are flying in for our trip about 4 days early to enjoy the Daytona 500 before our week at Disney. We'll fly in to Orlando on Thursday or Friday stay offsite and do some touristy things and the race and then check in to our resort on Monday. We won't be using park tickets that day- instead the guys will play golf at a disney course and the girls will enjoy spa time at a onsite spa. So here's the question...we have to have a rental car for the first leg, but it won't be nessecary for our time at the parks, has anyone or does anyone have suggestions on renting and then returning to the airport and using the magic express? Or do we just keep the car because it'll be a complete hassle? We may take a late flight home on our returning day so that could free us up to not be committed to our resort the entire day. Soo many things to consider and I'm planning all alone because DH isn't a planner And the whole trip is a surprise/gift for my in-laws! Thanks!!

SteveW

As I understand it, you can schedule your DME ride to and from the airport even if your not flying in that day. Your resort stay entitles you to that service. Just give DME a call 866-599-0951 and they should be able to help. As for your last day of stay, assuming your on one of the major airlines that Disney has an agreement with, you can check in you and your luggage before 10 AM at the resort. Then go enjoy what ever you want until the 3 hour before flight bus pickup time. As long as your out of your room before 10, you won't have another night of rental. It's a great setup. Have fun.

Mukta

I think you have a couple of options.

Fly into MCO on Thursday. Rent a car from there. Use the car til Monday. Drive it back to MCO and take DME to your Disney resort.

Keep the car the whole time. Parking is free at your Disney resort.

Fly into MCO on Tursday. Rent a car from there from Alamo or National. Drive yourself to WDW. Pay an additional fee to return the car at the Dolphin hotel or the car care center.

Rob562

Fly into MCO on Tursday. Rent a car from there from Alamo or National. Drive yourself to WDW. Pay an additional fee to return the car at the Dolphin hotel or the car care center.

Definitely price it out to both of those locations. Sometimes the pricing is different between the two drop points. (If the system knows they'll be low on cars at one of the locations they'll often lower the price to entice one-way rentals to drop there so they don't have to spend money having staff relocate cars)

If you drop at the Dolphin it's a short walk (or boat ride) to either Epcot or the Studios.
At the Car Care Center they have a shuttle that can drop you off at any of the parks or hotels.

If you're not renting from Alamo or National, most other major rental car companies have desks at the hotels along Hotel Plaza Blvd. Though I'm not sure which companies have a shuttle service to the parks or a hotel.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom