So these girls that went to HHN and got called names

JT3000

I haven't seen video of the incident in question, but it wouldn't surprise me. Hollywood has a reputation for being more crass than its Orlando counterpart, something I thought might land them in hot water eventually. I'm certain they have our spieling characters on a shorter leash.

Easy fix. Universal "apologizes" and the media goes away. Next year everyone will forget this every happened.

The more typical USH response would be, "The Purge: Anarchy has been cancelled for the remainder of Halloween Horror Nights. Sorry for any inconvenience."

G00fyDad

If they'd stop going dressed like this:
paris-hilton-alice04.jpg

Then they might not get called a .

R W B

Seriously? Causing drama over that? I'm sorry little girls but don't act like that language isn't used at school during lunch, a trip to the mall with your friends of when you're talking about the girlfriend of a guy you have a crush on. If you, as a 13yr old in this day of age can't handle those words you need to stay locked up in your bedroom with your One Direction and Katy Perry posters and stay at Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party and leave The Horror Nights to the more mature crowd.

I hope nothing changes at HHN and that actress does not lose her job!

GiveMeTheMusic

The Purge auctioneer character, who was instructed to insult and heckle guests during her nightly routine, has been removed. The auction show no longer takes place at USH.

Insulting actors have long been a part of HHN at USH - it would curl the hair on your arms to hear some of the things I've heard actors there say. But...it's part of the gag, and fans not only expect it, they enjoy it.

Despite USH's assertion that 13 year olds can enter unaccompanied, you're a piece of crap parent if you send two 13 year old girls to HHN on their own. Sorry, that's just how it is. It's an adult event. They will hear and see adult things, and it's not USH's responsibility to tone down their event for every little snowflake whose parents care so little about them that they're sent to a theme park on their own at 13.

I live in LA, and while most of LA is very safe, I wouldn't let my 13 year old go ANYWHERE unaccompanied, including a gated theme park full of adults doing pot in line for scare mazes.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
The Purge auctioneer character, who was instructed to insult and heckle guests during her nightly routine, has been removed. The auction show no longer takes place at USH.

Insulting actors have long been a part of HHN at USH - it would curl the hair on your arms to hear some of the things I've heard actors there say. But...it's part of the gag, and fans not only expect it, they enjoy it.

Despite USH's assertion that 13 year olds can enter unaccompanied, you're a piece of crap parent if you send two 13 year old girls to HHN on their own. Sorry, that's just how it is. It's an adult event. They will hear and see adult things, and it's not USH's responsibility to tone down their event for every little snowflake whose parents care so little about them that they're sent to a theme park on their own at 13.

I live in LA, and while most of LA is very safe, I wouldn't let my 13 year old go ANYWHERE unaccompanied, including a gated theme park full of adults doing pot in line for scare mazes.

I agree. I can't imagine going on my own at 13. Maybe they should change the rules to 16 without a parent or guardian.

Bairstow

Well in general you shouldn't anyone names but this is an event based on movies where this language is used. i wouldn't be surprised based on the movies they are using for their theming.

Profanity in general or gender-related terms directed at females specifically? I haven't seen the movies but IMDB turns up nothing like what was directed at the children.

JordanNite

GLORIA ALREAD - nuff said.

The mothers want money - Universal will no doubt settle, and will more than likely age restrict the event.

Bairstow

I agree. Wholesale murder, rape and general anarchy is one thing, but calling someone a bad name.....we're talking the book of Revelation here....o_O

I didn't think there was any actual murder, rape, or violence at Horror Nights, so I don't get your point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom