So planning our October 2015 trip...

Jessica Meier

I am planning our October 2015 trip. I keep meaning to book but then something comes up and that money has to go to this or that. So now I am in beast mode and socking away money like crazy. I think it will be myself, my husband, my then 7 year old daughter, and a dear friend of mine from college will be coming along. So far these are my plans. Give me your honest opinions. Open to hearing most anything.

Saturday October 3rd 2015
Park: Downtown Disney

ADRs Ohana Dinner

Plans Arrive mid-day and either head straight to Downtown Disney or try to check in to our room. Have a dinner reservation for a relaxing dinner at Ohana and watch the fireworks from the beach at the Poly.

Sunday October 4th 2015

Park: Magic Kingdom/Hollywood Studios
MKHours 9am-7pm HS Hours: 9:00am-9:30pm

ADRs: Crystal Palace before park opening…maybe BOG for lunch

Plan: Enjoy the morning and early afternoon at MK. Try to stay until the parade. Leave and head back to hotel until early evening and head over to HS to enjoy a few rides and Fantasmic.

Monday October 5th 2015

Park: Epcot
Hours: 9am-9pm

ADRs: Akershus before park opening, sunshine seasons for QS meal

Plan: Enjoy the day at Epcot eating breakfast before park opening and spend the morning hanging out doing TT, Soarin, Visiting The Fab Five. Head over to the WS at 11 and work our way around the world visiting princesses and shops.

Tuesday October 6th 2015

Park: Rest Day/Free Day

Wednesday October 7th 2015
Park: Animal Kingdom/MK
AK Hours: 9am-6pm MK Hours: 9am-10pm
ADRs Tusker House breakfast?

Plan: Enjoy Safari, Everest, Lion King Show, Nemo Show at AK. From there head to the hotel for a rest and then head over to MK to enjoy some rides and the fireworks and Electrical parade if it is going on there that night.

Thursday October 8th 2015

Park: Hollywood Studios/Epcot
HS Hours: 9am-7:30pm Epcot Hours: 9am-9pm

ADRs: Either 50s Primetime or Sci Fi, maybe Biergarten for dinner, and do either breakfast at hotel or a QS

Plan: Do whatever we want to do at the park that we didn't get to do earlier and then head to hotel for a little rest and the head back to Epcot for the evening. Do whatever we didn't get to do or our faves all over again.

Friday October 9th 2015

Park: Magic Kingdom
Hours: 9am-7pm

ADRs Liberty Tree Tavern or Tony's

Plan: Spend the whole day at MK from open to close. Do whatever we feel like and just relax and enjoy the park. `Head over to Boardwalk or wherever we feel like that evening.

Saturday October 10th.....leave for home after checkout and maybe a visit to some outlets and Downtown Disney

G00fyDad

Saturday October 3rd 2015
Park: Downtown Disney
ADRs Ohana Dinner
Plans Arrive mid-day and either head straight to Downtown Disney or try to check in to our room. Have a dinner reservation for a relaxing dinner at Ohana and watch the fireworks from the beach at the Poly.

We always do DTD for our first day and skip any park activity. After a morning of traveling on a cramped plane, going through the business of getting the rental car, and then getting to the resort to check in it is just nice to relax at DTD. I like your idea of getting dinner at Ohana. I've never ate there, but I have heard it is amazing.

Sunday October 4th 2015
Park: Magic Kingdom/Hollywood Studios
MKHours 9am-7pm HS Hours: 9:00am-9:30pm
ADRs: Crystal Palace before park opening…maybe BOG for lunch
Plan: Enjoy the morning and early afternoon at MK. Try to stay until the parade. Leave and head back to hotel until early evening and head over to HS to enjoy a few rides and Fantasmic.

Keep in mind that MNSSHP hours are not out yet and may not necessarily be the same as the year before. (Tues, Thurs, etc.) That said, if there IS a MNSSHP on this night then you may want to reconsider this park. I have found that MNSSHP brings out not only the normal amount of visitors, but also almost the entire MNSSHP ticket holders for that day. It has typically (for us anyway) been pretty crowded on those days.

Your ADR's are perfect, except you cannot get an ADR for BOG lunches. I'd get an ADR for dinner her another day though.

Monday October 5th 2015
Park: Epcot
Hours: 9am-9pm
ADRs: Akershus before park opening, sunshine seasons for QS meal
Plan: Enjoy the day at Epcot eating breakfast before park opening and spend the morning hanging out doing TT, Soarin, Visiting The Fab Five. Head over to the WS at 11 and work our way around the world visiting princesses and shops.

Akershus breakfast is okay, but nothing to rave about. However, your daughter will LOVE it. Don't forget to take your time getting to Akershus so you can take lots of photos without tons of people in the way.

I highly recommend a FP+ for the Character Station. This standby line can be excruciatingly long at times because every John and Jane Doe have to get little Johnny and Janies perfect photo with 2 or 3 different cameras, and multiple shots with each character.
:rolleyes:

Tuesday October 6th 2015
Park: Rest Day/Free Day

You will want one of these, but don't stick to rigidly to the "rest" day. Your 7 year old may want to hit the parks again. :D

Wednesday October 7th 2015
Park: Animal Kingdom/MK
AK Hours: 9am-6pm MK Hours: 9am-10pm
ADRs Tusker House breakfast?
Plan: Enjoy Safari, Everest, Lion King Show, Nemo Show at AK. From there head to the hotel for a rest and then head over to MK to enjoy some rides and the fireworks and Electrical parade if it is going on there that night.

Tusker House Breakfast is awesome. Food was just okay (typical food at Disney breakfast), but the atmosphere is cool. I'd get a BOG ADR for this night.

Thursday October 8th 2015
Park: Hollywood Studios/Epcot
HS Hours: 9am-7:30pm Epcot Hours: 9am-9pm
ADRs: Either 50s Primetime or Sci Fi, maybe Biergarten for dinner, and do either breakfast at hotel or a QS
Plan: Do whatever we want to do at the park that we didn't get to do earlier and then head to hotel for a little rest and the head back to Epcot for the evening. Do whatever we didn't get to do or our faves all over again.

We do both 50's and Sci Fi so I obviously would recommend either one. :D What resort are you staying at? EPCOT in the evening is great, but make your ADR's for this time of the day so you can ride something without a 1+ hour wait.

Friday October 9th 2015
Park: Magic Kingdom
Hours: 9am-7pm
ADRs Liberty Tree Tavern or Tony's
Plan: Spend the whole day at MK from open to close. Do whatever we feel like and just relax and enjoy the park. `Head over to Boardwalk or wherever we feel like that evening.

If this is your last day at WDW, don't make an ADR. Wing it and eat QS if you have to, but don't get in a rush to be anywhere. Take your time and soak it all in before you have to leave.

Saturday October 10th.....leave for home after checkout and maybe a visit to some outlets and Downtown Disney

You may want to explore some outlets earlier in your trip when you still have some money. LOL We always go about halfway through the trip on our Clearwater Beach day.

Upvote 0

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
All excellent suggestions. We have been to Akershus and loved it. Our ADRs are all kind of up in the air because we probably won't do the dining plan unless we can get free dining. Soooo....a lot of what ifs. I don't mind doing earlier days at MK if they are the party days, usually we get there at rope drop and do all the major stuff ASAP and then just soak it up and enjoy it until after the parade. So we will see.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom