So.... parking at Downtown Disney..

AVeryDifferentDisneyDad

Original Poster
Alright... after a 9 hour trip that was supposed to take 6 we are at DISNEY WORLD!!!

And I thought it would be a good idea to "stop by" DTD. I know, I know... everyone said parking was hectic and crazy.

HOWEVER... I would say "chaos" or "non-existing!" They have everyone parking away from DTD and ferrying (or walking) them over. Can't wait to use Resort Shuttles from now on.

Got to DTD Guest Services at 10pm and I am like #20 in line....

Siren

Alright... after a 9 hour trip that was supposed to take 6 we are at DISNEY WORLD!!!

And I thought it would be a good idea to "stop by" DTD. I know, I know... everyone said parking was hectic and crazy.

HOWEVER... I would say "chaos" or "non-existing!" They have everyone parking away from DTD and ferrying (or walking) them over. Can't wait to use Resort Shuttles from now on.

Wow. I hope you didn't spend all night in guest services over parking issues, especially just after a 9 hour commute -- it's not even worth the hassle. I hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly.

alissafalco

I'm a little confused by this post. So was it chaos? Or non-existing? Im not sure what you're saying here.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I'm a little confused by this post. So was it chaos? Or non-existing? Im not sure what you're saying here.
The parking lot was chaos. The parking options were nonexistent.
Personally, as a local, I don't even go to DTD because of the parking. And it's killing me, cause I REALLY miss Earl of Sandwich...

alissafalco

The parking lot was chaos. The parking options were nonexistent.
Personally, as a local, I don't even go to DTD because of the parking. And it's killing me, cause I REALLY miss Earl of Sandwich...
Ok that clears it up a bit, but didnt they open the parking garages? I thought that was helping a lot

RubyLee

I was pleasantly surprised when I was at DTD a week ago. There were cast members everywhere directing cars through the construction and to open spots in the parking deck. We were parked and walking in within 5 minutes.

I will note-this was a Tuesday afternoon so maybe I just picked a quiet time.

SSH

I just posted a question about this in the Disney Springs forum section asking if it was a much better plan to take WDW bus transport vs trying to drive there. Someone mentioned that driving in was fine for them -the new parking garage helped a lot. Can anyone else on this thread chime in if you've been there at night in the past month or so? A long walk from parking isn't a problem. But definitely want to make sure there's enough parking available.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Ok that clears it up a bit, but didnt they open the parking garages? I thought that was helping a lot
One of the garages has two levels open. That's it. And they still have access from parking to certain areas blocked, so you have to go the long way around just to get to the movie theater.

AVeryDifferentDisneyDad

Original Poster
LOL

No, no, no... you will NEVER see me standing in line to "complain". We parked and I walked over. It was nigt time so it was a little harder to SEE where to turn, where the cast members were standing, etc.

Not complaining, just warning anyone else coming in this week or next, be prepared for it to be abit more challeneging than you may have thought it was going to be.

Was at Guest Services to pick up my Reward Card loaded with my Disney Visa Dollars. It's a First Night Tradition!

Awesome first day at Disney! Hollywood Studios was crowded by managable. Did every single thing we wanted to do, AND made it through the day with my son and my daughter only have ONE fight. =-)

Was a GOOD day!

Eckert

LOL

No, no, no... you will NEVER see me standing in line to "complain". We parked and I walked over. It was nigt time so it was a little harder to SEE where to turn, where the cast members were standing, etc.

Not complaining, just warning anyone else coming in this week or next, be prepared for it to be abit more challeneging than you may have thought it was going to be.

Was at Guest Services to pick up my Reward Card loaded with my Disney Visa Dollars. It's a First Night Tradition!

Awesome first day at Disney! Hollywood Studios was crowded by managable. Did every single thing we wanted to do, AND made it through the day with my son and my daughter only have ONE fight. =-)

Was a GOOD day!

Put the pitchforks down folks, this story has a good ending.

Best twist ever! :joyfull:

raven

The parking CMs in the DTD structure seem to be more clueless than the guests that are pulling in there.

Last week I drove to the 2nd level because the sign indicated that 13 spots were open. After driving around for about 10 minutes with other drivers on that level, and finding out those parking idicators weren't working again, I decided to move up one level. As I drove to the up ramp, a CM was coning off the ramp going up. I opened my window and asked where all of these cars driving around were supposed to park and he said "You will have to go down the exit ramp, pull back out into the street and re-enter the structure." WHAT?!! Needless to say I didn't follow his silly directions and simply drove around and followed people to their cars until they left so i could get a spot. The whole ordeal took about 25 minutes.

alissafalco

The parking CMs in the DTD structure seem to be more clueless than the guests that are pulling in there.

Last week I drove to the 2nd level because the sign indicated that 13 spots were open. After driving around for about 10 minutes with other drivers on that level, and finding out those parking idicators weren't working again, I decided to move up one level. As I drove to the up ramp, a CM was coning off the ramp going up. I opened my window and asked where all of these cars driving around were supposed to park and he said "You will have to go down the exit ramp, pull back out into the street and re-enter the structure." WHAT?!! Needless to say I didn't follow his silly directions and simply drove around and followed people to their cars until they left so i could get a spot. The whole ordeal took about 25 minutes.
:eek::eek::eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom