Trip Report *COMPLETED*So much World so little time!

Forgive me if I forgot anyone..
@21stamps @Zipitidoda @Tuvalu @amjt660 @Jess G @PacNWTigger @Direwolf27 @blgauger @Ciara @KordovaJD @Doc Disney @mattchu758 @prfctlyximprct @Figment Forever @epcotlover888 @lostpro9het

Alright gang here we gooo!

Departure Day -Feb 1, 2017

I set my alarm for 7:15 am, and when I got up Brook was already coming out of the shower. My FIL was picking us up at 8:45 that morning for our 10:30 am flight. The plan was to arrive at PHL at 9 am. He picked us up a few minutes early and off we went! No line at security! Brook walked right on thru the metal detector, but I was stopped. The TSA agent said they were picking up metal on my thighs. Ummm...maybe lard, but I wasn't smuggling any metal. She asked me if I wanted a private room and that she was going to have to pat me down. I told her there was no need for a private room. She did her search and off we went! I stopped to buy my traditional Cosmo magazine and then we went off to find some breakfast. Brook decided she wanted McDonald's so we strolled over that way. Found 2 good seats over looking a runway. We ate, watched the planes take off and talked about our upcoming plans! After eating we walked over to our gate, but as usual it was packed so we sat at an empty one. We like being the last ones to board, so we're not sitting there for 20-30 mins. While waiting to board I got this guy...

roomtext.png

We hadn't even left PA and our room was ready!! Awesome!!! We were happy with the location, we just really didn't want buildings 1 or 7(furthest from lobby and food court). The flight was nice, I read and Brook slept and listened to music. We landed early and made our way down to the ME. The bus wasn't crowded at all and off we went! We got to FQ and Brook made a beeline to find Elsie. I waited at the front desk to ask about upgrading to AP's. I thought it could only be done at the parks or DS, but we upgraded right there!! SO EXCITING!! The merchandise discount was so nice!! Brook came over and said she didn't see her and asked me if I could ask a CM if she was around. The lady we asked said she had moved over to POR! Sad, but no big deal. I knew I'd be in for a few boat rides lol. Our first of which would happen after lunch.We were hungry, but didn't want to eat too much as we had an ADR at Chef Mickey's . We dropped our bags in our room which was perfect as far as location goes! Literally a 20 second walk to the food court!

Brook ordered kids chicken fingers and I can't remember what I got. I'm thinking it was soup. From there we strolled down to the dock to visit POR. Guess we strolled a little too slowly because we missed the boat by seconds. By the time we got to POR we were told that Elsie's shift had ended 15 mins earlier. Rats! We missed her! From there we took a bus to the MK and hopped the monorail over to CM's for dinner.
I was able to move it up to 5pm as opposed to 7pm I believe. We decided to hit up the MK afterwards since we had the AP's now and didn't want to get there that late. We arrived 15 mins early and checked in. Decided against a picture, watched the parade of characters and just relaxed. Our buzzer went off first! We were the first ones in and first ones to attack the buffet. We enjoyed the food and desserts, the characters not so much. I had originally booked this meal when I thought Kevin and Mia would be joining us. It was just awkward lol. We are super fast eaters so we left before they could make their rounds again. I explained to the waiter we were supposed to have a child with us so we were more interested in the food.
212017chefm.jpg

She'd kill me if she knew I posted this pic of her with no makeup! After stuffing our traps, Brook did some shopping. She wanted a new pin lanyard and a few other items. When she was done we took the monorail over to the GF so she could stop in Basin, her fave store on prop. That birthday and Christmas money was apparently burning a hole in her pocket. She decided on 5 bath bombs and then we headed over to the MK. We were tired by that point and didn't do much but take in the sights. We had such a nice day, fun, relaxing and always exciting!

lostpro9het

I'm telling you both I look like I weigh 643 lbs...no way! @Tuvalu @lostpro9het
It saddens me that you even have to feel that way. I'm sure you are your biggest critic and can respect that but you are surrounded by Disney friends who just want to share in your fun! Looking forward to the rest of this story

Old people, was that too much Paul Harvey?

Courtney6682

Original Poster
It saddens me that you even have to feel that way. I'm sure you are your biggest critic and can respect that but you are surrounded by Disney friends who just want to share in your fun! Looking forward to the rest of this story

I'm fat and my husband is fat...we're ok with it;) But thank you for your kind words friend!

Zipadeelady

It could be Paul but I was getting more of an Oprah vibe.

21stamps

Day 3 cont..

Breakfast was nice. She chose GG because of the sticky bun bake. I managed to sneak a mouthful of it while she was jamming all of in her gullet. I liked the eggs, but they got cold really quickly. The sausage looked under done to me, which seemed to be a theme there, but that's for later on in the week. So we didn't touch that. We did enjoy the fruit salad. The characters came around a few times and it was still awk for us LOL. Our server brought her a card and cupcake and sang to her which was cute.

Now it was time to race around and try to fit some rides in. Our Frozen FP started at 1:25, but we had to be at Ft Wilderness by 2pm for Brook's bday surprise. Our first FP time had already passed, but we walked over to Figment anyway which was a walk on. We looked around the gift shop for a few mins but Brook didn't see anything she wanted. I asked her if she wanted to stop in Club Cool.She said no! Did we ever make it back? Nope. From there we stopped to look at all the pin traders which is one of her fave things to do. She is OBSESSED with pins. Every holiday I get the ones she currently has her eye on. She made a trade she was very happy with and we were off to our MS FP. When we exited we still had about 30 mins until our FEA FP, so you would think I stopped for the avocado marg I tell everyone on this forum to try but I didn't. We trucked on thru to Norway. One guess if ever made it back to La Cava? Nope!

Kevin is obsessed with the show Vikings on the History channel, so I was hoping to find an extra birthday present for him there. Did I? Of course not! I raced around, saw nothing that I thought was worth what they were asking and ran out. Forgetting about my new AP discount, which I would have gladly used. 10 mins before our FEA I knew I had to get on that ride. We should have been on our way to Ft Wilderness by this time. Walked up and there was no visible line! Told the girl we were early and thankfully she let us thru! The ride was cute and I'm glad we got to experience, but I've never seen Frozen, so can't say if they did a good job or not. We were both happy to be seated in the front row. Our pics from it are sick, so I won't be sharing. I look like a beached whale. Ok, jump off the boat and race to the exit. I order an Uber as we're walking and he beats us to the taxi stop! We arrive at Ft Wilderness and walk around like fools trying to find the place. We can see the ranch, but there were fences everywhere. We make it to check-in and somehow they Brook listed as 18 instead of 17. We have to fill out new papers. We get our instructions and locker key and go wait by the designated spot. No phones allowed, so no pics. Brook got a horse named Riley and I got Vegas which was very fitting. He was a wild one! From the time I got one the freakin' thing I was terrified!! The last time I was on a horse was at an elementary birthday party in the 90's. I hated every second of the tour. It was uncomfortable, scary and boring! The Disney site said '' guided tour'' so I assumed( I guess that was the problem) that meant the guides would be talking to us and pointing things out. Nope. We saw 4 or 5 raggedy deer and walked in silence. The trail was just a mud path thru some un-cleared woods, so when my horse took off into the bushed I got a face full of branches. Brook was dying!! But I was all scratched up and bleeding LOL! I was so happy when it was time to leave! She enjoyed it, so that's all that matters;)

We Uber'd back to FQ where it was nap time! I woke up about 20 mins before our ADR at LTT. I frantically try and wake Brook. She won't budge! 2 hours later she finally wakes up and is sad we missed her bday dinner. I had already cancelled it, and was now looking for something to grab for us because we were wasting table service credits left and right! Ah-ha! LTT has an opening around 8:30ish. I take that and off we got to the MK.

View attachment 193157
We arrived and sat down to play checkers. We played for maybe 2 minutes before we were called to our table. We were starving so everything was delish! She always loves it here, I can take it or leave it. Our server offered to sing to her and apologized that no one else was around to join in, so Brook declined. Did I remember to ask if I could try the Ooey Gooey Toffee cake? Nope, of course not! As we were leaving a man approached us and asked if we would like some rider switch tickets he had left over. I told him today was my daughter's birthday and that we would very much appreciate them. We thanked him and left. Brook hit up her fave store in the MK to look for pins. I forget what it's called, trading post maybe? She didn't have any luck there so we moved onto Tomorrowland. I wanted to ride Pirates so of course we didn't. Not that night or any other time! But I'm sure that's not surprising! We took a spin on the People Mover and then decided to call it a night.

Up next...Day 4 my husband arrives!:inlove:

Ok, first off.. how have you never seen Frozen?!? I can no longer speak to you..until you watch it.

Garden Grill.. so crazy. 2016 was the first time I ever had a bad experience there. I hope it's not becoming a theme!

I hate to say this, but I laughed at the branches thing. I'm sorry it hurt, but I still laughed ;)

This report isn't what I expected it to be. :(. It sounds like you still had a lot of great times though. Hopefully things get better!!.

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Ok, first off.. how have you never seen Frozen?!? I can no longer speak to you..until you watch it.

Garden Grill.. so crazy. 2016 was the first time I ever had a bad experience there. I hope it's not becoming a theme!

I hate to say this, but I laughed at the branches thing. I'm sorry it hurt, but I still laughed ;)

This report isn't what I expected it to be. :(. It sounds like you still had a lot of great times though. Hopefully things get better!!.

Welll.....I also haven't seen Up...Inside Out, or any other movie after Cars 2 LOL. Remember my baby was little in the early 2000's...so I have seen Nemo, Cars, Beauty and the Beast and what not...just nothing new

Stupid branch tried to poke my eyes out and remove the skin from my face and arms lol!

We still had a good time lol...it was just bumpy

21stamps

Welll.....I also haven't seen Up...Inside Out, or any other movie after Cars 2 LOL. Remember my baby was little in the early 2000's...so I have seen Nemo, Cars, Beauty and the Beast and what not...just nothing new

Stupid branch tried to poke my eyes out and remove the skin from my face and arms lol!

We still had a good time lol...it was just bumpy
I've never seen Cars 2. I don't care if your watch the others. Up and Inside Out are sad anyway..but extremely good. Still, I don't care about them for you., only Frozen.
You've already admitted to Disney Depression, just make some snacks and have a home movie night with the fam. Watching- Frozen. ASAP!!

Anyway, well I'm glad you still have eyes and skin. I'm also glad that you had a good time..attitude is what makes it breaks it..no matter how many "bumps" are in a trip :)

Courtney6682

Original Poster
I haven't, and never will, post any photos of me on Buzz light year. Nor will I ever show them to another human being. Some photos are just bad photos.. I can't criticize you here.

BUT- I think the 643lb thing is a massive tall tale.

Agreed, the Buzz pix are always so unflattering too! It's rare that I take a good picture.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom