Pre-Trip So much for taking a break.

So during our last trip (November '16) we "decided" that we would take a break from disney for a little bit. We "decided" we would take a little time to save up for DVC. We "decided" that we could wait.

Andddddddddd here we are 3 months later with another trip booked... Well that didn't take long lol.
I do want to add that these past 3 months were the longest time in 5 years I didn't have a trip booked... Which was very hard for me lol.

I figured it would be easier to make a PTR and ask suggestions then it would to continuously post threads (your welcome)

So here we go with the...

WHO?
- Hubby and I - the usual - note that my sister has an AP now so I wouldn't be surprised if she showed up last minute like our last trip.

WHAT? - A NO PARK (maybe 1) extra relaxing, extra fun, extra drinking, extra pool, extra food trip.

WHERE? - Back to Coronado Springs. *fingers crossed* for a refurbished room in Ranchos :) . Woot Woot on scoring $165 a night !

WHEN? - Saturday May 13th to Wednesday May 17th

HOW? - We're flying with frontier to get there (nervous about that) and taking American Airlines home.

For anyone who may be a bit confused about this - yes, I was going to go in June for our birthdays and stay off site.... I was worried about the heat and for some reason not excited about being offsite even though it was a good hotel.... I saw awesome flight prices and $165 a night @ CSR and BAM no questions asked I grabbed it lol.

Jess G

Original Poster
Makes sense and that would be a TA question as I do not know the specifics of your package. Its plausible your current package is discounted becasue of a promotion based on a certain number of nights, I just dont know without being privy to the details.

Makes sense! Thanks so much! You are super helpful.

Jess G

Original Poster
So we've decided as soon as the tax return touches down we are going to rent points for 5/14-5/17 and keeping the first night at coronado. If I do it this way, either AKL, OKW, or SSR would actually be........ DRUM ROLL PLEASE **!@#&!@(&$(

20$$$$ CHEAPERRRRRRRR THAN MY ORIGINAL STAY AT CSR !!!!!!!

So I would actually be saving money :)

Now I am really hoping for availability at AKL. I really want to just lock it in right now but I'm leaving in a few days to go to NY for a week for my sisters wedding, so a $600 purchase just isn't the smartest thing right now. If not we will most likely go with SSR. I love the look of OKW but I am having a hard time researching the state of the refurbishments there.

Zipadeelady

So we've decided as soon as the tax return touches down we are going to rent points for 5/14-5/17 and keeping the first night at coronado. If I do it this way, either AKL, OKW, or SSR would actually be........ DRUM ROLL PLEASE **!@#&!@(&$(

20$$$$ CHEAPERRRRRRRR THAN MY ORIGINAL STAY AT CSR !!!!!!!

So I would actually be saving money :)

Now I am really hoping for availability at AKL. I really want to just lock it in right now but I'm leaving in a few days to go to NY for a week for my sisters wedding, so a $600 purchase just isn't the smartest thing right now. If not we will most likely go with SSR. I love the look of OKW but I am having a hard time researching the state of the refurbishments there.
This is so awesome!! Fingers crossed for AKL!

Jess G

Original Poster
This is so awesome!! Fingers crossed for AKL!

I hope so! SSR never was appealing to me. Hubby and I stayed in Jambo for 4 nights last year and I wish I would have allowed myself more resort time. We always say that we have unfinished business there lol. Either way it will work out. I just hope I can book it asap because I want to make my ADRs accordingly.

Zipadeelady

I hope so! SSR never was appealing to me. Hubby and I stayed in Jambo for 4 nights last year and I wish I would have allowed myself more resort time. We always say that we have unfinished business there lol. Either way it will work out. I just hope I can book it asap because I want to make my ADRs accordingly.
I've heard good things about SSR but never researched it. No one talks too much about OKW but I've always liked the look of it and even contemplated staying there in the past. It does help that it has always been a little cheaper then the other deluxe's. But with this new found ease of renting I think I see Boardwalk in my future. :inlove:

Last edited:

Jess G

Original Poster
I've heard good things about SSR but never researched it. No one talks to much about OKW but I've always liked the look of it and even contemplated staying there in the past. It does help that it has always been a little cheaper then the other deluxe's. But with this new found ease of renting I think I see Boardwalk in my future. :inlove:

Oh my goodness yes!! Boardwalk looks awesome. The thing that bothers me about SSR is the fact that I'm from NY so to stay somewhere themed after what I'm used to always seemed silly. With the condition of these moderates it looks like we will rent points for at least the next 2 years. I'm hoping to own DVC by 2020.

Jess G

Original Poster
OK SO - I'm reading here on the forums that Disney is price matching peoples original room reservations and switching them over to POR when they call and complain about the construction and what not... My travel agent offered to call and see what she can do, if she can switch for the same price I'll take it. For my dates it only says that they have royal rooms available at this point so not sure if they will grant it but its worth a try.

Zipadeelady

OK SO - I'm reading here on the forums that Disney is price matching peoples original room reservations and switching them over to POR when they call and complain about the construction and what not... My travel agent offered to call and see what she can do, if she can switch for the same price I'll take it. For my dates it only says that they have royal rooms available at this point so not sure if they will grant it but its worth a try.
Good luck. I actually love POR. The walkways are gorgeous. I've never stayed on the mansion side, we always get put in Alligator Bayou but that's because there have always been 5 of us until just recently. We've also had really good experiences with Boatwrights if you decide to try eating there. The Mill or what ever the QS is there is typical. Everyone raves about the make your own pasta bar. Plus you have a boat to DS! And boat rentals, horse carriage rides and maybe even surrey bikes. Now I'm getting excited! :D

WDWDarling

I would definitely have her do that! When I called to switch to POFQ they gave me a rate I didn't see online. Not sure if they have room options just available to those calling vs booking online or if it was because I was switching due to construction.

Last edited:

Jess G

Original Poster
Good luck. I actually love POR. The walkways are gorgeous. I've never stayed on the mansion side, we always get put in Alligator Bayou but that's because there have always been 5 of us until just recently. We've also had really good experiences with Boatwrights if you decide to try eating there. The Mill or what ever the QS is there is typical. Everyone raves about the make your own pasta bar. Plus you have a boat to DS! And boat rentals, horse carriage rides and maybe even surrey bikes. Now I'm getting excited! :D

We've stayed at POFQ and while we enjoyed it, I didn't love it. The whole time I was wishing I would have picked POR instead. I think this whole thing is to depend on if my TA actually fights for me or not. If theres no luck then it shouldn't be surprising when I cancel to rent points.

Courtney6682

Lolllll we had AC issues in the room. And since its just the 2 of us traveling with no kids I enjoy having a quiet pool..

Enough about me!! How was your trip?!?!? Did you love it? How did super bowl work out?

Ok, ok...valid points. No air would def be a deal breaker and I have kids and don't like other people's so totally understood;)
I'm just in the usual Disney depression and have no desire to write my TR. I couldn't even bring myself to visit this site for a couple of weeks after I got home lol. The trip was great..and I will eventually write one

Jess G

Original Poster
Ok, ok...valid points. No air would def be a deal breaker and I have kids and don't like other people's so totally understood;)
I'm just in the usual Disney depression and have no desire to write my TR. I couldn't even bring myself to visit this site for a couple of weeks after I got home lol. The trip was great..and I will eventually write one

LOL I know what you mean! I'll be patiently waiting for your TR :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom