So long to wait!

RememberWhen

so, we have been talking about our next Disney trip, and it looks like it's going to be a couple of years!? We currently have a 5yo and a 2 month old. Both have early May birthdays, as does DW (5/5, 5/6, and 5/12). The plan is to go for their birthdays when DD (the baby) is turning 3. Her birthday is 5/12.
I believe it's true that if you start your trip when the child is 2, but they turn 3 on the trip you still don't have to pay. Is that correct?
We think it would be fun to have a big birthday trip, but not if we have to pay for DD for the last 2 days...

Also, I'm so sad that we won't be going again until 2020!! That's too long. :(

DisneyPrincess5

Ugh my heart is both happy and broken for you! Congrats on building your family and having your kids to brainwash errrr I mean share the joys of Disney with! But sad that it may taken a bit for you to go back. So sad.
I have a feeling you'll be back sooner than you think :rolleyes:

I'm the meantime, maybe you guys can take other great family trips and vacations together?

Until you return to WDW whenever that is, plan, think, talk about it and get those little ones hooked!!!

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

Original Poster
Thanks! DS is already obsessed. He went last fall for his third trip. His favorite ride is tower of terror! He's been asking to go back, but it's hard to explain we got him a baby sister instead of a Disney trip... We do watch ride videos sometimes when we need a Disney fix.

We are planning a visit to the grandparents in St Louis next summer. And maybe a week at the beach the following summer. It'll be nice, but it's not Mickey!

Ugh my heart is both happy and broken for you! Congrats on building your family and having your kids to brainwash errrr I mean share the joys of Disney with! But sad that it may taken a bit for you to go back. So sad.
I have a feeling you'll be back sooner than you think :rolleyes:

I'm the meantime, maybe you guys can take other great family trips and vacations together?

Until you return to WDW whenever that is, plan, think, talk about it and get those little ones hooked!!!

Upvote 0

Megbutnotmegan

We took my DD when she was turning 3 (her birthday was the second day of our trip) and she was free the whole time! It was an awesome experience celebrating her birthday in Disney. It's hard to wait but I also think the planning can make the waiting fun

Upvote 0

Herdman

We went in November last year with the thought that we wouldn't be returning until right after our daughter graduated from college in 2020. I think on the flight home we talked ourselves into going in May 2018!! Good luck in finding a way to make it back before 2020!! And yes, the planning is at least half the fun!!

Upvote 0

becca_

It's pretty easy to talk yourself into a sooner trip! I have my first trip with my boyfriend in January, and we were going to wait a few years to graduate college & get grown up jobs, but I have a strong feeling June 2019 will be our next one, and I may have convinced my mom to go with me sometime in summer 2018... Oh well :rolleyes::inlove:

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

Original Poster
Awesome! We took DS for the first time when he was 2 1/4. We were still doing some potty training and he occasionally napped. It was fun, but closer to 3 seems better. I can't wait!!

We took my DD when she was turning 3 (her birthday was the second day of our trip) and she was free the whole time! It was an awesome experience celebrating her birthday in Disney. It's hard to wait but I also think the planning can make the waiting fun

Upvote 0

yensid67

I know your pain all too much! I have been counting down my next trip since 2013! Now that's something to be sad about! LOL! But I want to give you some advice or heads up about what is happening in the next few years! Toy Story land is opening 2018, Star Warsland opening 2019, Tron Cycle Coaster 2021, gondolas, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ratatouille ride, New Space-themed Restaurant (beside Mission:Space) A new Live action Theatre, Mickey and Minnies Runaway Railroad(Great Movie Ride) So all these this will open over the next few years leading up to WDW 50th Anniversary. If I were you, I would wait until most if not all these are open and operating! The kids will be a little older, and might appreciate it more than going earlier. In the meantime, why not plan a Disney trip that you can enjoy in your living room? Pack the kids up in the car and drive around and tell them they are going to Disney World's sister park...Disneyville. When you drive around for a sufficient amount of time, drive back home where you have Disney treats waiting for them to enjoy while you set up the main show...POV ride videos of favorite rides and shows, POV park videos that show walking around a park! Have Popcorn and drinks at the ready! You can intersperse ride videos with walking videos just as if you were walking to the next attraction! Then end you evening with a fireworks display that only Disney can do! There are many multi angle videos on fireworks so you have a choice! Then just when the kids thought it was over and they have to go to bed...surprise them with a small favorite stuffed character placed on their beds to snuggle with and have magical dreams!

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Its always difficult when the time in between Disney trips gets extended and you can only visit thorough other peoples trip reports and blogs.
But with all the construction and new plans going into effect just think how much more exciting it will be to visit a new and improved Disney.
I was telling DW... with all these expansions, we have a reason to keep going back year after year to experience each new part as it gets completed.

Upvote 0

slipperalwaysfits

Yes, we, too love going back each year! We skipped last year because we got married and had wedding expenses! We were going to skip this year, but Mom decided she needed to see Disney, so we're a short 47 days away!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool::p:D DH and I have already started discussing going back next fall. We love our family, but "just us" trips are special, too. We'd love to see the new TSL and if we go back in 2018, we can get a bounce back offer for 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STAR WARS!!!!!!!!!! I don't actually love SW that much, but DH is going bananas excited to see it :rolleyes::cool: I'm sure it will be more than amazing!
But I'm making him go to Europe in 2020!

Upvote 0

AndrewsJ

so, we have been talking about our next Disney trip, and it looks like it's going to be a couple of years!? We currently have a 5yo and a 2 month old. Both have early May birthdays, as does DW (5/5, 5/6, and 5/12). The plan is to go for their birthdays when DD (the baby) is turning 3. Her birthday is 5/12.
I believe it's true that if you start your trip when the child is 2, but they turn 3 on the trip you still don't have to pay. Is that correct?
We think it would be fun to have a big birthday trip, but not if we have to pay for DD for the last 2 days...

Also, I'm so sad that we won't be going again until 2020!! That's too long. :(
Yes you are correct. Your then 2 year old will be free.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom