Snakes and other wildlife spotted at Disney.

NiarrNDisney

Attachments

• 041.jpg
    041.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 109

Jo DeVil

Whilst staying at Dixie Landings in 98 we saw loads of armadillo's, which wasn't a problem but thanks to the Dime bar Ad in the UK which got repeated every time one was spotted, trust me it wore a little thin after 14 nights!!!! Others rabbits, frogs, snakes, squirrels and lots of birds and not forgetting the rodents (LOL).

Polydweller

We saw this guy in Bay Lake when we first walked out on the balcony at GFV, after checking in. It's a little fuzzy, as we've zoomed it way in. He (or she) looked to be about 4 feet long.

View attachment 57744
Just for clarification, if you were in GFV then this one was in the Seven Seas Lagoon which is attached to Bay Lake by the water bridge. And yes I've seen them in there. There are blue herons and egrets there and I've seen pelicans and sacred ibis in the lagoon at the Poly.

DABIGCHEEZ

There are blue herons and egrets there and I've seen pelicans and sacred ibis in the lagoon at the Poly.

I'll post my own just for clarification here... ;) Sacred Ibis? This African species has a relatively small lingering population that escaped from collections back during Hurricane Andrew and is pretty restricted to extreme southern Fla. Ibis species native to Florida are White Ibis, Glossy Ibis, and very rarely White-faced Ibis. Another common bird that looks similar to a Sacred Ibis is the Wood Stork that are fairly common around WDW and is probably what was seen.

Yep... bird nerd here as well as WDW nerd!:D

katins7

When we were at CBR in 2009 and 2010 we were charmed by the adorable bunnies everywhere. We even went for bunny-spotting walks around the lake. We wished we had cute little bunnies at home. Four years later, we are overrun with them. As dog owners we frequently have to shoo them out of the yard and have had to clean up a few crime scenes when the dogs saw the bunnies first. Be careful what you wish for when that Blue Fairy is around. :cautious:

Polydweller

I'll post my own just for clarification here... ;) Sacred Ibis? This African species has a relatively small lingering population that escaped from collections back during Hurricane Andrew and is pretty restricted to extreme southern Fla. Ibis species native to Florida are White Ibis, Glossy Ibis, and very rarely White-faced Ibis. Another common bird that looks similar to a Sacred Ibis is the Wood Stork that are fairly common around WDW and is probably what was seen.

Yep... bird nerd here as well as WDW nerd!:D
Yeah, the ibis were quite awhile ago and I haven't seen them in a long time. Remember it well though since being from the frozen north I was shocked to see it on you of tree. Recently it's been white ibis and don't see them often either. The white egret and blue heron were common up to last summer but I think they might have been disrupted by the destruction of habitat surround Sunset Point.

jonesenon4

that
I wonder if that's the same snake we seen last year! it was around that area on our way to the bus stop it slithered right across the walkway just a few feet in front of us, my 2 DD's screamed and DH looked like he seen a ghost there for a minute. Hard to tell by your pic but did it also have some white? the one we seen was a black and white snake, anyone know what kind that is?
that would be a king snake they are harmless to people

tigger1968

On our trip to AKL last year we spotted a pair of geckos on a rafter above us as we waited on a bus one night. Grew up in Fl and have made like 25 trips to WDW and that was my first time seeing geckos. Fascinating little creatures.

Seen anoles and bunnies by the hundreds. A few deer. A few armadillos. Various birds of course.

Allie_Marie

At The Shades of Green hotel while visiting my grandparents who were staying there we have seen a lot of wild life. One trip my grandma was feeding deer, the next trip she was feeding wild turkeys. It was awesome!!
We've also seen ducks (obviously), bunnies and cats.

Tonka's Skipper

Its Florida, there is all types of wild life all over the State! Almost all of the wildlife is more afraid of people then people are of the wild life.

AKK

HollyAD

I have seen plenty of armadillos and deer. Most of the deer were near the Wilderness Lodge. Also, can't forget about the tons of ducks the guest feed. I am guilty of feeding them too lol

Monorail_Red_77

While staying at Ft. Wilderness last winter we saw many deer along the beach front on Bay Lake and many turkeys wandering the campsites, real ones too, not just other guests. :jawdrop:

R W B

I've seen plenty of deer in the parking lot of the wilderness lodge and also in or on the roads of fort wilderness at night. I have a few pics from our trip in Dec of them I'll post up later.

Luv4disney

Ok so I've been going to disney world for many years, i have to say my most recent trip back in october 2016 has to take the cake..
We traveled to the beach club resort for Cape May breakfast, while driving on the main road to cape may, after we passed the swan and the mini golf, i noticed an animal in the middle of the road / far distance at first, i said to my sister, what is that? is that a dog? as we got close,
i realized it was a mountain lion looking /cougar, it walked into the brush across the street from yacht club. i notified the guard shack at the beach club, to warn families with children in the parking lot, well he told me, Theres no cougars around here. I said well u sure do now!
i said sir, I'm from up north where we have mountain lions and yeah, u have an animal here..... he didn't have a care in the world about it. he didn't believe us, if only i had my phone on for a pic...
just always be on the look out for them especially in this area.

graphite1326

How so?

It would be awesome to see one randomly... From a distance :D Have you seen them in the park before or just i general?
Wild pigs are very aggressive and mean in the wild. If you hunt them you are told to stay in your stand and do not come out. And yes I have seen them on Disney property before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom